Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SILVER FOR SALE -- 200 Ounces in Mint Condition  (Read 1683 times)
Mined (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:56:18 AM

Two 100oz bars for sale. I will accept BTC/LTC/DRK.

What will you guys pay for these?

Pictures will come within the next few days.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:28:08 PM

Large bars are always a tough sell. If you need an escrow let me know.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

Interested...

Please provide:

Photo clearly showing bars and your nickname with date

where you posting from?
Worldwide delivery?

Escrow a must, bars must be tested first.
price per ounce.

As per post above, big bars not selling so easy so dont expect spot price.

Contact me.

Mined (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:32:07 AM

Interested...

Please provide:

Photo clearly showing bars and your nickname with date

where you posting from?
Worldwide delivery?

Escrow a must, bars must be tested first.
price per ounce.

As per post above, big bars not selling so easy so dont expect spot price.

Contact me.

I'm happy to provide all of this and agree escrow is a must. In addition I can provide receipts from reputable dealers, and I'm happy to let you have a few days to test it.

However I'd like to negotiate a price before doing all of this. Please communicate an offer.

Thanks!
RedGummyBear

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:49:55 AM

Unfortunately because of fake large silver bars the only way to verify the authenticity of a bar is to have a unique trackable serial number from a reputable company imprinted on the bar or to cut the bar open.

There are massive amounts of Fake large Silver bars from china which are basically led or Zinc wrapped in a thin layer of silver to fool a surface material test.

Who is the manufacturer of the bar?

The key to my ♥ has been lost. Call a locksmith
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:07:18 AM

Unfortunately because of fake large silver bars the only way to verify the authenticity of a bar is to have a unique trackable serial number from a reputable company imprinted on the bar or to cut the bar open.

There are massive amounts of Fake large Silver bars from china which are basically led or Zinc wrapped in a thin layer of silver to fool a surface material test.

Who is the manufacturer of the bar?

Cmon, really? You think number will prove if silver is bullion or not?

Google about tests and then will see.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

I'm happy to provide all of this and agree escrow is a must. In addition I can provide receipts from reputable dealers, and I'm happy to let you have a few days to test it.

However I'd like to negotiate a price before doing all of this. Please communicate an offer.

Thanks!

Just drop the price you looking for and i will give thumb up or not.

Im ready when you are.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:05:21 PM

Yeah I never bought any large 100 oz bars for the very reason that reselling them tends to get tough.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:27:07 PM

How much are you looking to get for them?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:48:24 PM

Yeah I never bought any large 100 oz bars for the very reason that reselling them tends to get tough.

you never dealt with bullion buyers. I will take it. If price and  bulion is real.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:04:46 AM

you never dealt with bullion buyers. I will take it. If price and  bulion is real.

I'm sure you can sell them to a bullion dealer but that requires actually sending before you get payment. Not ideal for the risk factor should they decide not to pay.

Most transactions have been in person which are much lower risk as you are getting paid at the time of the sale.

When selling to bullion dealer they may not give you the price you want. Usually under spot.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

stabikas

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:31:58 AM

how much are you looking for ?
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:09:38 AM

I'm sure you can sell them to a bullion dealer but that requires actually sending before you get payment. Not ideal for the risk factor should they decide not to pay.

Most transactions have been in person which are much lower risk as you are getting paid at the time of the sale.

When selling to bullion dealer they may not give you the price you want. Usually under spot.

Obviously test can be carried out by reputable shop.if thats the case OP do it and post ticket and expertise given by shop here.
Once this can be verified by contacting shop you have bigger chance to sell it here.

Most of bullion buyers will not pay spot price.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:18:22 AM

Is OP gone from this threat? How much do you want for these bars?
Just be careful of very cheap price which can indicate a scam. I am just getting paranoid with all these scammers everywhere..
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:23:25 AM

A very simple nondestructive test one can do to tell if a bar is pure and solid is to use a large rare earth magnet. You can wave the magnet over the piece and feel the resistance of the magnets movement as it passes over. Silver is diamagnetic and will therefore create resistance in the magnet as you pass it over the piece. Using several known samples you can gauge the feeling of the resistance created for each sample. A fake bar will create much less resistance as you pass the magnet over the bar. Combine this with tapping the bar to hear the tone created and you can catch the large majority of fakes.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:29:01 AM

A very simple nondestructive test one can do to tell if a bar is pure and solid is to use a large rare earth magnet. You can wave the magnet over the piece and feel the resistance of the magnets movement as it passes over. Silver is diamagnetic and will therefore create resistance in the magnet as you pass it over the piece. Using several known samples you can gauge the feeling of the resistance created for each sample. A fake bar will create much less resistance as you pass the magnet over the bar. Combine this with tapping the bar to hear the tone created and you can catch the large majority of fakes.

The thing is OP didnt specified what bars he have in hands. So no pictures, no details = might be scam.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:48:36 AM

The thing is OP didnt specified what bars he have in hands. So no pictures, no details = might be scam.
Of course, I ALWAYS might be a scam. He has however stated he will deal with an escrow. I haven't seem many scammers willing to do so.
Mined (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

I'm on a bit of a vacation right now for the 4th; I'll be back with pictures and will be happy to provide receipts to interested parties when I return.

Links to bars, both purchased from Apmex:

http://www.apmex.com/product/77689/100-oz-sunshine-silver-bar-999-fine-v2-first-100-bars-ever
http://www.apmex.com/product/78285/100-oz-geiger-security-line-silver-bar-999-fine

Just to state it again, I'm definitely in agreement that escrow is a must, preferably one knowledgable in metals.

I'm not going to go below spot on either of these.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:17:27 AM

I'm on a bit of a vacation right now for the 4th; I'll be back with pictures and will be happy to provide receipts to interested parties when I return.

http://www.apmex.com/product/77689/100-oz-sunshine-silver-bar-999-fine-v2-first-100-bars-ever
http://www.apmex.com/product/78285/100-oz-geiger-security-line-silver-bar-999-fine

Just to state it again, I'm definitely in agreement that escrow is a must, preferably one knowledgable in metals.

in this case not really interested. I can buy bar at spot here in uk. Thanks anyway.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:21:57 AM

in this case not really interested. I can buy bar at spot here in uk. Thanks anyway.

how can you buy at spot in the UK when you factor is VAT and premium (all be it low on 100oz bar)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: