Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No president escapes the American sense of humor  (Read 2891 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:02:19 PM

Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,

'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:03:22 PM

BTW, there are also lots of jokes about women swapping their husbands for material things, so get off your always offended high horses, people. Sheesh!

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

BTW, there are also lots of jokes about women swapping their husbands for material things, so get off your always offended high horses, people. Sheesh!
Correct. 

The basic idea that jokes should not offend anyone or any group is totally fucking offensive.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:47:41 AM

Correct. 

The basic idea that jokes should not offend anyone or any group is totally fucking offensive.

This is hilarious, I admit personally I didn't get it for a few seconds.   Grin
I was like umm where is the punchline and I was trying to sort out if this was a real story or a complete joke.. haha.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:32:35 PM

So we can't tell the same political joke that has been told many times with other men/women/party substitutions, but straight up calling a conservative woman a pig is fine.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:34:36 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 04:17:27 PM by Spendulus

So we can't tell the same political joke that has been told many times with other men/women/party substitutions, but straight up calling a conservative woman a pig is fine.
Well she's white, right?

<<sarcasm>>

noviapriani

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:02:23 PM

I saw that coming when the lefties defended maher for calling palin a cu*t because it was funny. Or when they attacked Bristol and trig while claiming the obama girls were off limits. And of course the house ni**er name used to describe so many black republicans male and female because the dem party knows that all blacks belong in the dem party. No nuance there.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:07:01 PM

You can tell the 'same jokes' if you live in 1940 in your head. So what do you forward thinking girls think of Rush's knee slapper about Chelsea Clinton?   Is that the nuance you can relate to?
Conservative humor is all some variation on I Love Lucy.  Lucille Ball was a genius comedian, but the show was misogynistic as fuck.  Unfortunately it covered the entire range of r-w "humor".
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:08:15 PM

I saw that coming when the lefties defended maher for calling palin a cu*t because it was funny. Or when they attacked Bristol and trig while claiming the obama girls were off limits. And of course the house ni**er name used to describe so many black republicans male and female because the dem party knows that all blacks belong in the dem party. No nuance there.

I always thought there were hints of envy on the palin issue.

Because she certainly is no pig.

And the Democrats sure have a lot of women who are hogs.
noviapriani

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:10:56 PM

I draw a firm line in the sand with regard to the families of those figures, most particularly the  minor children and spouses that are not directly involved in political policy.

umair127

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:12:46 PM

I always thought there were hints of envy on the palin issue.

Because she certainly is no pig.

And the Democrats sure have a lot of women who are hogs.
+1

umair127

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:19:12 PM

I draw a firm line in the sand with regard to the families of those figures, most particularly the  minor children and spouses that are not directly involved in political policy.
Since both Michelle Obama and Nancy Pelosi are very political, I guess you have no objection to poking a little fun at them. As far as racial undertones are concerned, liberals are the ones constantly reminding us that the Obamas are black and therefore beyond criticism.

Rigon

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:27:16 PM

Since both Michelle Obama and Nancy Pelosi are very political, I guess you have no objection to poking a little fun at them. As far as racial undertones are concerned, liberals are the ones constantly reminding us that the Obamas are black and therefore beyond criticism.
Michelle Obama is not an elected political figure, but she does have the right to free speech, a platform, and the right to support her own and her husband's programs.  Just as Laura Bush did.  So no, you don't get to lump her in with a congresswoman who deserves what she gets (as if either of them deserve that)    Would your 'joke' naming Laura a good trade for a pig draw guffaws from you?
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:30:13 PM

I also stated that I was equally uncomfortable with jokes that in any way attacked a person's race, ethnicity, gender, religion or age.  And in that respect I have a couple of issues with this joke as it relates to gender.  First it places the First Lady of the US and the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives on the same level as a couple of hogs.  And more disturbing it insinuates that Barack Obama actually "owns" the two individuals and as such can trade them for farm animals.   OK, I admit it.   As I said earlier, I lack a sense of humour.  Or at the least, I lack a totally developed one.   

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:31:01 PM

I saw that coming when the lefties defended maher for calling palin a cu*t because it was funny. ...

Bill Maher is a cunt.
shkiser

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:35:27 PM

I liked the joke. If u take offense to a joke, you need to reevaluate your life..

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
Rigon

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

I'm STILL trying to discern where your funny joke is a shot at the president.  So far, you haven't said.
bananaeater

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:00:57 PM

Haha! He has an amazing sense of humor! I wish other presidents can make such a funny situation too.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:22:52 PM

I believe the hog swap joke originated at the time of Clinton...hence the Arkansas Razorback being part of the joke.   I've heard various forms of it applied to him...then Bush...now Obama. 

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:25:50 PM

This is really hard to swallow.  A fun thread turned into an argument over jokes.  And of course the libs bring in references to body parts that have no place in the world of fun.  And then I think of the thread libs started with headlines referring to con politicians which contained disgusting epithets, nothing fun and easy about them, pure filth.

It is said libs have no sense of humor.  They don't.  They think filth is humor and they think humor is racism, sexism, religousism.

That god I am not them.  What miserable lives they must lead.
LOL   Name every conservative comedian you know....and after you are finished writing "Dennis Miller"...Ill write down the names a few hundred liberal comedians.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: