Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Instawallet is back, alive and well!  (Read 10535 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:06:29 PM

A dual currency display option would be nice - like the one at EasyWallet.org. It eliminates the need for mental math currency conversions. Glad to see you are devoting resources to keep this alive. As I've mentioned elsewhere, banner ads and/or corporate sponsorship seem like good revenue models.
We're working on alternate designs for Instawallet, dual-currency display will be part of it.

Davout, if I understand it correctly, you are also developing the Paytunia ewallet. Out of curiosity, can you explain your motivation for developing two ewallets simultaneously? Would InstaWallet be your "simple" product and Paytunia be your "deluxe" product?
Both are deluxe Smiley

Paytunia is a more integrated approach, it integrates seamlessly with Bitcoin-Central.net, it gives you full account history and a bunch of additional features. It is mostly intended for long to medium term storage of funds, and mobile usage through the Android and iPhone app.

Instawallet is focused on "just working", you visit it, *boom* you have a wallet, you can access it on the go with FriendlyPay (released on the AppStore, and soon on Google Play). It gives instant gratification, you send funds to it, it's updated immediately with a comforting cash-register sound. It's targeted to newcomers, and paranoid advanced users (it's very lightweight, making it perfectly suitable for Tor access).

The big plan is to integrate these tools (and others to come) very tightly in order to provide a seamless experience for anyone who want to do business with Bitcoins or keep them as investment. There's gonna be more on all this soon Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trader Steve

Activity: 836

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

A dual currency display option would be nice - like the one at EasyWallet.org. It eliminates the need for mental math currency conversions. Glad to see you are devoting resources to keep this alive. As I've mentioned elsewhere, banner ads and/or corporate sponsorship seem like good revenue models.
We're working on alternate designs for Instawallet, dual-currency display will be part of it.

Davout, if I understand it correctly, you are also developing the Paytunia ewallet. Out of curiosity, can you explain your motivation for developing two ewallets simultaneously? Would InstaWallet be your "simple" product and Paytunia be your "deluxe" product?
Both are deluxe Smiley

Paytunia is a more integrated approach, it integrates seamlessly with Bitcoin-Central.net, it gives you full account history and a bunch of additional features. It is mostly intended for long to medium term storage of funds, and mobile usage through the Android and iPhone app.

Instawallet is focused on "just working", you visit it, *boom* you have a wallet, you can access it on the go with FriendlyPay (released on the AppStore, and soon on Google Play). It gives instant gratification, you send funds to it, it's updated immediately with a comforting cash-register sound. It's targeted to newcomers, and paranoid advanced users (it's very lightweight, making it perfectly suitable for Tor access).

The big plan is to integrate these tools (and others to come) very tightly in order to provide a seamless experience for anyone who want to do business with Bitcoins or keep them as investment. There's gonna be more on all this soon Smiley

Excellent!
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 06:41:16 AM

May I ask you to put at least the information that can be found in this thread also on instawallet.org? I would find it appropriate to see more than just an email address that doesn't even specify if it's the admin, the owner or his uncle's friend. "An original idea by Jan Vornberger" pretty clearly indicates that Jan is not taking any responsibility, so who does?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:10:04 AM

May I ask you to put at least the information that can be found in this thread also on instawallet.org? I would find it appropriate to see more than just an email address that doesn't even specify if it's the admin, the owner or his uncle's friend. "An original idea by Jan Vornberger" pretty clearly indicates that Jan is not taking any responsibility, so who does?
I'm not sure about how the footer looked like when you posted your message, but now it says "Paymium".

Also if you use Instawallet on a regular basis and have an iPhone you'll want to download our iOS app Smiley

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 04:22:34 PM

Too late ! Friendlypay was pulled from the appstore today by Apple's bitcoin-cleaning patrol..

You can still find instawallet for android in Google Play !

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:34:19 AM

seems the only viable option is to use html5 like easywallet.

it seems to me the vendetta is actually limited to bitcoin only. square, paypal don't appear to have these problems.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:33:24 AM

Both are deluxe Smiley

...or maybe the interest in obtaining Instawallet was as a way to fund someone's retirement?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: