Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:01:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how we can grow up price bitcoin  (Read 2038 times)
helmax (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:20:35 AM

people i dont know if you have this idea

but if we grow up price bitcoin ? ask more money for bitcoin

this is like a boom !

like 5000$

looking job
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

Price manipulation needs quite a bit of liquid assets, so you would only do that if your profit from the changed price can exceed the costs of the price manipulation.
Just asking more for your bitcoins when you try to sell them would not really work, market mechanism determine the actual price, not individual bitcoin sellers.
The most promising approach to increasing the bitcoin price would be to offer more goods and services in exchange for bitcoins, making it more attractive for people to own bitcoins and pay with them. This would work best for services that can't be handled well with traditional payment methods, which is why the unfortunate link between silk road or gambling/betting and bitcoins exists. SR certainly caused some of the bitcoin price increase.
With the recent adoption of bitcoin payment options by more mainstream businesses, the price will hopefully increase while the shady image of bitcoin as payment for illegal stuff will be corrected somewhat.

Onkel Paul

lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:54:46 AM

Price manipulation needs quite a bit of liquid assets, so you would only do that if your profit from the changed price can exceed the costs of the price manipulation.
Just asking more for your bitcoins when you try to sell them would not really work, market mechanism determine the actual price, not individual bitcoin sellers.
The most promising approach to increasing the bitcoin price would be to offer more goods and services in exchange for bitcoins, making it more attractive for people to own bitcoins and pay with them. This would work best for services that can't be handled well with traditional payment methods, which is why the unfortunate link between silk road or gambling/betting and bitcoins exists. SR certainly caused some of the bitcoin price increase.
With the recent adoption of bitcoin payment options by more mainstream businesses, the price will hopefully increase while the shady image of bitcoin as payment for illegal stuff will be corrected somewhat.

Onkel Paul
Definitely. The price is increasing slowly. There is no bubble. People prefer to own and spend BTC.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:16:14 PM

Onkel Paul
Definitely. The price is increasing slowly. There is no bubble. People prefer to own and spend BTC.
This process is little bit more slow Smiley But if you have some patience it will happen for sure. If everybody in one moment start to sell their BTC for 5000 $ it will be just one bubble which will pop in a matter of time. Wait for it and hold Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 12:31:32 PM

it will grow automatically but marketing at a big sports event or something like this will help. iam pretty confident that this marketing will happen.

from 13 USD to 1000 in 18 months is not so slowly isnt it  Wink ?

BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:53:04 PM

People prefer to own and spend BTC.

I don't see the spending part. Most here seem to be holding, with very little to no spending. Expecting others to spend for the benefit of those holding.
Some1else0

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:29:33 PM

The answer is simple: publicity

Currently, not many people really know what Bitcoin is. However, by informing these people and getting Bitcoin more publicity, the demand for coins will go up. When the demand goes up and the supply stays relatively the same (currently circulating coins still circulate, miners are putting out the same amount of coins) then the price will rise.
Also, I believe that developments in ASIC technology will also help drive the price up by making Bitcoin really hard to mine for the average user, forcing them to have to purchase Bitcoin.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:33:09 PM

this is like a boom !

like 5000$

hmm,, it's a very big dream. and must have been very difficult to achieve. or never at all to achieve it. look at the state of bitcoin is now unsafe, I doubt bitcoin will reach that price. but, I do not know. may be 1 year longer oppose those who want to eliminate bitcoin and turn around like
ixne

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

I don't see the spending part. Most here seem to be holding, with very little to no spending. Expecting others to spend for the benefit of those holding.

People have been saying this for years, but it's simply not true.  Back in 2011, you could buy socks for bitcoin.  Today Overstock.com and NewEgg are surpassing their estimates for bitcoin-related sales.  I've been around since 2011 and I would've have loved to have had the opportunity to buy something besides Casascius coins back then (although in retrospect, forcing me to hold made me quite a bit of money).  Now I pay for VPN service, food, hotels, and electronics with bitcoin on a regular basis.

I don't know how people expect to "see" others spending their bitcoins.  In any case, its time for this argument to die.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

this is like a boom !

like 5000$

bitcoin needs to push to wall.st. thats one way.
other way is to make hype, lets say if we had a blockbuster movie about bitcoin, the world would go crazy soon after.
there should be a portion of the transaction fees that would go to bitcoin development, and not like this what we have now.

in many things, bitcoin succeded , but on some things it failed like a 5 $ ho
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:18:14 PM

It isn't as easy as just asking more money and that pushes up the value unless you can get everybody to do so, but there will always be people who are willing to capitalise and sell their coins for less. The best way to push up the value would be to just keep promoting and using bitcoin and it'll get there naturally.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

those shouting for a price rise now are usually those that hold only 1btc or less, they want to turn pennies into millions.. purely to then go back to fiat and let the bankers profit from their fiat.. missing the whole point of bitcoin

smart people want more innovation within bitcoin to expand first. and have proper experienced people making proper exchanges, shopping, services. rather than basement dwellers making basic php/sql exchanges in the evenings between college.

no point asking for a price rise just for the sake of fiat lovers. always best to get the innovation and infrastructure in-place first. and give people more opportunity to buy in. then the price will continually rise at a stable rate and ensure bitcoin community truly flourishes.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:50:02 PM

I don't know how people expect to "see" others spending their bitcoins.  In any case, its time for this argument to die.

There is nothing on my shopping list, plans to purchase anything, that I can spend on.

I said what I say from the statements I see on these boards.

Seems as if very few are spending much as all.

What this argument to die? Mark this thread read, ignore and move on, OK?
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

Everyone contributing a bit will help.

Such as offering a service and product to accept bitcoin.
ixne

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

There is nothing on my shopping list, plans to purchase anything, that I can spend on.

I said what I say from the statements I see on these boards.

Seems as if very few are spending much as all.

What this argument to die? Mark this thread read, ignore and move on, OK?

I just told you I'm spending my bitcoins, and you tell me to go away.  Maybe you don't "see" people spending bitcoin because you, like so many, form your conclusions before you go looking for premises.
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:19:40 PM

this is like a boom !

like 5000$

Bitcoin is a currency and not a stock. Good luck with your antics but be careful, you may lose all your money!
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

Everyone contributing a bit will help.

Such as offering a service and product to accept bitcoin.

My company not only accepts payments in Bitcoin but also provides a discount if paid in Bitcoin. We actually are able to process orders more efficiently due to almost negligible fraudulent orders using Bitcoins.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:59:34 PM

Total bitcoins avaliable: 12,976,600
If 5000 each, market cap would be around 100 billion
Current market cap is around 8.5 billion

How grow up bitcoin price to 5k: put 91.5 billions of fresh money there. Seems harder than walk to millions to billions
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

How grow up bitcoin price to 5k: put 91.5 billions of fresh money there. Seems harder than walk to millions to billions

91.5 billion of pure expenditure would push the price far into the tens of thousands. There's an awful lot of those 13 million or so coins that are lost or impossible to buy.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:23:55 PM

91.5 billion of pure expenditure would push the price far into the tens of thousands. There's an awful lot of those 13 million or so coins that are lost or impossible to buy.

please look at the daily volume, if we have good days its like 50-60 k btc volume. thats more or less 50 million $.
and you are talking about 90+ billion. the prices would jump past the 50.000$ per btc for sure.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌