Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The OTHER SC Ruling...Union Slap Down  (Read 1643 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:41:51 PM

Neither membership or dues should be compulsory. If a union does things outside their limited scope workers should have the right to leave the union and cut off their financial support of the union. Wisconsin was just the beginning of the define of huge unions and their thug bosses.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:02:30 PM

Yeah, I was really pleased to see this one along w/ the rest. The union mentality and the forced paid membership is what we need a lot less of in ole USA. The unions served their purposes in the early and mid parts of last century but they've become too powerful and entrenched and contributed to the bankruptcy of GM. Furthermore, they now serve as money laundering operations to the democratic party. Many of these state and local public union pension funds are deeply underwater so Obama (in certain cases) just takes federal bailout funds and distributes them back to his union buddies who take a cut off the top and return the favor. Meanwhile, it's whatever is left of the productivity class here that is footing the bill, of course there's Fed monetization going on as well.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

...contributed to the bankruptcy of GM.

That's not the only company that unions drove to bankruptcy. A while back, Eastern Airlines was driven to bankruptcy because of unions. They were already having financial problems. Frank Borman (yeah, THAT Frank Borman, the commander of Apollo 8 ) was President and COO at the time and his ideas were just beginning to turn the company around when one of the unions got a pickle up their bum and forced the company to abandon its profit sharing plan. This led to heavy losses to the company and the eventual sale of the airline.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

[Man I missed the Dank - Void fights, when Dank had those horrible giant red XXX. But the chess tournament between sana and unmair do bring more intellectual values...

Don't mind me, I am just passing by Smiley]

IMAO Thank you Wil, I love debating and there is no hard feelings if Im proven wrong, to me this is all about keeping an open mind to what others have to say about certain issues.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

The real reason that unions are hated so much by the republicans is that the unions give the working man a loud voice.  The unions were able to do a good job of making sure voters got to the booth. So for many years the corporations have been fighting to end union rights so they have no voice.  I hate to tell you poor deluded idiots but the union voice was a voice for you. Try reading a little history of this country.'  Can any of you tell me where the term redneck came from.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:32:28 PM

The real reason that unions are hated so much by the republicans is that the unions give the working man a loud voice.  The unions were able to do a good job of making sure voters got to the booth. So for many years the corporations have been fighting to end union rights so they have no voice.  I hate to tell you poor deluded idiots but the union voice was a voice for you. Try reading a little history of this country.'  Can any of you tell me where the term redneck came from.

Exactly, union membership in the US had been declining for decades now, the only reason we have a minimum wage in the UK is due to pressure from the unions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States

"In 2013 there were 14.5 million members in the U.S., compared with 17.7 million in 1983. In 2013, the percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total labor union "density") was 11.3%, compared to 20.1% in 1983.[1] From a global perspective, the density in 2010 was 11.4% in the U.S., 18.4% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, and 70% in Finland.[2] Union membership in the private sector has fallen under 7%[3] — levels not seen since 1932".
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:37:51 PM

You get a few loud conservative voices who take a job in a union shop and  somehow think that the union hasn't got the right to speak for the general welfare of the members of the union because they pay dues. But they sure like the benefits the union got for them. If you don't want to work in a union shop, what's stopping you from walking away and going to work somewhere where there isn't one - say... Walmart? I'll tell you what it is - it's the fact that they like a 40 hour work week, they like getting benefits like paid vacation and medical insurance, and they like getting a living wage. The fact that the Union is responsible for making all those things happen means nothing to them. Rush Limbaugh told them that the union is holding them back and they believe him. Labor unions are, as you said, the ONLY voice that working people have in the public venue. Individually we working class people have no power. None. We haven't got millions to spend buying the ear of legislators. But COLLECTIVELY; pooling our resources and speaking as a group we have both sufficient funds to compete in lobbying AND large voting blocks to get politicians' attention. That's why unions exist, and why they are crucial to the future of America.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: