Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Money to wrong person by mistake(Bank Transfer)  (Read 3219 times)
Aayush (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 05:31:49 AM

state bank takes a day to add one beneficiary right  Huh   
Not if you do an IRATA (atm) confirmation for your benefeciary.
btw it takes 4 hours through otp

Calm
jss83

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:29:45 AM

If it is NFET, you can put up charge back and request dispute. You will need copy of atleast police note for the same. Make sure you mention exactly what happened and you should be able to get it. Police will not recover it mostly, it is bank with the help of police fir copy can mediate the dispute.

If you have not mentioned that it is accidental mistake from your side as of now, register unauthorized compromised account transfer which is much easier to deal with and bank will surely help with you that as it is mentioned in consumer grievance policy and RBI makes it mandatory to look and mediate in this case for banks.

Regards

Are you sure that a chargeback can be applied against NEFT ? If yes, then is not it risky to accept NEFT against Bitcoin ?

Is this true? Can NEFT, RTGS, IMPS payments be charge back? I sell for direct payment in my account, can it also be charged back? pls someone answer this.

Some ppl  can buy bitcoins and then claim that they send wrongly??
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:36:35 AM

While doing NEFT transer - only IFSC code and account number becomes relavent. DO not matter what you write for NAME field.
If the account number is valid in that IFSC code branch, it will just go through. I have a problem with this as well but no work around.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:37:53 AM

I dont think a charge back on neft rtgs and imps would be easy to do even if possible. Not as simple as a credit card charge back atleast.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:18:29 AM

I dont think a charge back on neft rtgs and imps would be easy to do even if possible. Not as simple as a credit card charge back atleast.

I think, if NEFT supports chargeback then it is a significant problem for bitcoin selling online in India. As I can see, there is no chargeback for NEFT as per RBI regulation...

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=5489&Mode=0

Pros in payment industry may add their point of view.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:01:58 AM

NEFT can be charged back by putting unauthorized transfer claim. It is possible but tough to execute in normal scenario.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:43:18 AM

NEFT can be charged back by putting unauthorized transfer claim. It is possible but tough to execute in normal scenario.

Regards

Under what circumstances can NEFT be charged back ? I thought it was irreversible.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

It is not completely irreversible. One circumstance, I can confirm is transfer from compromised bank account. But you will have to go a good length to prove it which includes police and bank intervention. Normally bank catches such transaction in the middle only, but in case it goes through then you can register complaint with local police department and visit nearest bank branch with documentation.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:10:40 PM

It is not completely irreversible. One circumstance, I can confirm is transfer from compromised bank account. But you will have to go a good length to prove it which includes police and bank intervention. Normally bank catches such transaction in the middle only, but in case it goes through then you can register complaint with local police department and visit nearest bank branch with documentation.

Regards

So its good that if someone's account  gets compromised then he can get his money back though after some hassles.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:37:50 PM

Is this true? Can NEFT, RTGS, IMPS payments be charge back? I sell for direct payment in my account, can it also be charged back? pls someone answer this.

No chargeback is not possible unless beneficiary allow's that.

Once I've made a payment of 6 figures but on my account it keeps showing as cancelled, I called my bank and asked about it, support guy said it's cancelled and I can make another payment, I asked him twice and took his details then I did transfer again but after one hour they processed that cancelled transaction. I called bank again and told everything, they said.. "Oh sir we are really sorry but we can't do anything, you can ask beneficiary to return funds or you can go to our branch, then fill a form and do FIR" lol

Luckily that guy was genuine so he returned full amount in morning, other than that I've never made a single mistake in making payments.

Whenever you are making payment check account number twice (Full or Correct Name isn't required for transfers)

Check this case
http://forum.indiaconsumercomplaints.com/Thread-NEFT-Money-by-Mistake-Credited-to-Another-Account#.U7rJGrHVDIU
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

No chargeback is not possible unless beneficiary allow's that.

Once I've made a payment of 6 figures but on my account it keeps showing as cancelled, I called my bank and asked about it, support guy said it's cancelled and I can make another payment, I asked him twice and took his details then I did transfer again but after one hour they processed that cancelled transaction. I called bank again and told everything, they said.. "Oh sir we are really sorry but we can't do anything, you can ask beneficiary to return funds or you can go to our branch, then fill a form and do FIR" lol

Luckily that guy was genuine so he returned full amount in morning, other than that I've never made a single mistake in making payments.

Whenever you are making payment check account number twice (Full or Correct Name isn't required for transfers)

Check this case
http://forum.indiaconsumercomplaints.com/Thread-NEFT-Money-by-Mistake-Credited-to-Another-Account#.U7rJGrHVDIU

Similar thing happened to me two times.
I transferred money via NEFT to one of the mutual fund companies account.
I did the transfers during non-working hours and the banks online system give me no confirmation or debited the money after I click the submit button.
It was rejected each time without any error message and gave me submit button again. I checked all history, pending, scheduled transactions list everything was clear.
So, I again tried to transfer 3 to 4 times. Then, as a surprise in the morning all the money debited from my account and transferred to the MF Account.
I contacted the bank, but they refused to help me in that and give me their head office phone no, just to keep me away.
Finally contacted the MF company and they credited the money as MF units in my MF account.
adv.kanishk

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

I did some research and called up a few banks. Chargebacks are not possible in RTGS (for sure) and even in NEFT the chargebacks are not possible as it takes around 15-20 minutes widow to consumate the transaction (Sometimes longer than that). But the thansferor making the transaction cannot call and ask for chargeback. The only way is to either ask the transferee or in extreme file a complaint (but relevant sections are required to be invoked and as per my understanding not all ingredient of the section gets satisfied), but you may warn [Mild language used  Wink ] the other person...lolzzz
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:00:35 PM

Some precautions which can be followed
- Always send a token amount while transferring money to a beneficiary for the first time.
- Most banks allow us to set 'upper limits' for transfer to particular beneficiaries. Use this appropriately. You can set a low limit to most of the beneficiaries
- Deactivate beneficiaries as and when you don't foresee any future transactions with them.
adv.kanishk

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

Great advice  Smiley
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

How much did you exactly send? If the amount is significant the bank will probably reverse it for you (for a fee of course).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:15:01 PM

How much did you exactly send? If the amount is significant the bank will probably reverse it for you (for a fee of course).
Its going very late and many suggesting its very difficult to charge back I think now he lost already but lesson for next time

adv.kanishk

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:15:49 PM

I do not think that is possible. Any experience or precedent on this?Huh
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:27:52 AM

I do not think that is possible. Any experience or precedent on this?Huh

Might be possible in case of an intra-bank transfer (accounts belong to same bank). Even then, the bank's action might be challenged.
Otherwise, I dont think it is possible
ileanalyardson

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:02:09 AM

Once money is transfer & deducted from account then we can't do any thing so while entering beneficiary account no & IFSC Code be carefull.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:07:56 PM

Supreme Court held that if a third party, by mistake deposits the money in the account of some other person, as soon as the money is deposited in the a/c of such third person, who is a customer of the bank, the money becomes the money of the customer, and it is not open to the bank in such circumstances without obtaining the consent of the customer, to reverse the entry of credit made in his a/c and in effect pay back the money to the person who had deposited it, even though it might have been deposited by mistake ".

Thus it is clear that no bank can reverse the credit in an account even if the amount was wrongly credited without the specific consent of the account holder. In the instant case the wrong beneficiary has to give consent for reversing the wrong credit to his account. I am not Sure on it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: