Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would it happen if Paypal would integrate Bitcoin as an exchange?  (Read 1044 times)
musician (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

I was thinking about this today. There's some facts that indicate that, in a way or another, paypal will end up integrating bitcoin. Now my question is this: What would it happen if paypal would integrate, besides payment with bitcoins, an intramarket where people could change their paypal money for bitcoins and vice versa, creating 2 wallets (one in $ and another in Btc) inside a single account. Would it damage or would be beneficial for bitcoin? Would the price of bitcoin start a rally to the moon?

From my point of view (and I have no idea about economics or these kind of subjects), the price of bitcoin would rally much more than we ever expected and would be really good for the bitcoin, since it would make it arrive to a lot of people who nowadays have not heard about bitcoin or is afraid to put money in the exchanges.

Opinions?
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

Paypal will have to integrate it eventually to stay relevant. I still would not send them a single satoshi.

GogglesPisano

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:15:45 PM

It would undoubtedly suck balls because Paypal is trash and should be boycotted.

Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:24:45 PM

It would be great if paypal would integrate Bitcoin as an exchange.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

good for bitcoin, but i give a shit on paypal. some days ago they freezed the donations for protonmail, a secure email service.

http://newsbtc.com/2014/07/03/has-nick-szabo-started-tweeting/

taylortyler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:41:24 PM

Great for Bitcoin in general, although I'm sure Paypal would implement some massive fees, so I would still avoid using them whenever possible.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

probabilly good for bitcoin price, but I doubt it would happen, because it might cause conflict with governments against bitcoins, and maybe require extra regulations in some jurisdictions.
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:24:19 AM

Bitcoin is just money, good for us, the people, the entire humanity.

Stuff like this would make our lifes easier, that's what really matters.

Not everything is just Bitcoin prices going up.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

probabilly good for bitcoin price, but I doubt it would happen, because it might cause conflict with governments against bitcoins, and maybe require extra regulations in some jurisdictions.

It would not so much be that it could cause conflict with governments, but rather it would be promoting something that is a direct competitor with paypal.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:51:48 AM

it could be groundbreaking, and they could be pioneers. crypto is here to stay. but more likely, as they already drag their feet on innovation, they would never do this. i think they will be laggards and will have lost a lot of relevance by the time they implement BTC in some way.
BtcGains

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:04:12 AM

I'm just imagining the amount of account freezes on accounts this will cause. If this is implemented we can kiss decentralisation good bye if people begin using Bitcoin with PayPal
Disputes, fraudulent transactions, account freezes, chargebacks...I can't even imagine the dilema's people will face using Bitcoin with PayPal....and the sadest thing is, is that they've spoken about eventually implementing it.

I would never touch PayPal after my first few limitations...I still will never touch it even if they make policy changes to suite Bitcoin

Destroy PayPal 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: