Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 02:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POS network  (Read 675 times)
rapsaodan84 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:47:56 PM

I'm just starting to learn about POS coins, and I have some questions. Can someone help?

If 99% of coins are in locked wallets and therefore can't stake, can the other 1% hold the network? Or should most of the coins be staking?

Does it depend on the % of coins staking? Or rather on the number of wallets POS mining? Is there a minimum number to hold a network going?

Let me know if what I just asked has no sense and I'm focusing it wrongly.

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

In NXT, for example, if some coins are not used for forging blocks, their power is proportionately distributed among all the other coins that are forging.
crypto_chellie

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:29:29 PM

I'm just starting to learn about POS coins, and I have some questions. Can someone help?

If 99% of coins are in locked wallets and therefore can't stake, can the other 1% hold the network? Or should most of the coins be staking?

Does it depend on the % of coins staking? Or rather on the number of wallets POS mining? Is there a minimum number to hold a network going?

Let me know if what I just asked has no sense and I'm focusing it wrongly.

HBN & CAP does both pos & pow.  If all stake coins were locked in wallets then the network would still be carried by pow.  I wouldnt keep my coins locked if they were pos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: