Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 01:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are must-have features of coins now?  (Read 876 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JessicaMILFson (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:06:56 PM

It seems like an arms racing that is happening. What should newly released coins feature? What are proven benefits? What are fads?
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:14:32 PM

No premine, POS/X13/X15, also the best features that new coin should have is like Vericoin's Veribit.
And maybe, Anonymity to raise some hype lol

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

a coin should have premine, IPO, fake tech like VOIP TOR or soon to be obsolete anon like coinjoin, no windows client at launch, ninja launch + instamine, exchange listing bribe, pump and dump. Also a stupid name related to country/animal/colour helps.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:51:45 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 10:17:54 PM by CoinHoarder

I would like to see (in no certain order:)

• A more fairly released PoS coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675333.0
  • If its PoW, it should do something useful with the algorithm instead of waste computing power to secure the block chain
  • If its PoW, it should have 51% attack protection such as combining PoS or another alternative
  • If its PoW with the same algorithm as another major crypto, it should be merge mined
  • Decentralized Crypto Currency Exchange
  • More focus on anonymity and privacy
  • Encrypted Messaging/Email
  • Chat w/ different rooms like IRC
  • Message boards/Forums
  • Decentralized Market Places
  • Crowd funding/Asset Issuance

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:10:52 AM

Live cam girl action integrated in the wallet
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:11:43 AM

Live cam girl action integrated in the wallet

Best idea ever lol Cheesy
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:35:55 AM

A windows wallet. I have seen so many releases that only released linux wallets.  Tongue
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:09:07 AM

energy-efficient algorythm
no to few premine
strong comunity
strong develop team
as decentralized as possible, but still with incentive to attract big players(I know, this is almost self-contraditory, and still is wide open problem)
NUD

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:42:43 AM

Tragically the masses couldn't tell the difference between original innovation and a hole in the ground, I have already addressed most of the "innovative features" people have asked me to implement in our cryptocurrency.

Please educate yourself on the matters before attempting to educate others.

PoW is by far superior to PoS and will always remain so, we computer scientists are currently trying to come up with an elegant algorithm that will capture all of our financial progress as humans for multiple millenia, much like our friend physicts are trying to find an algorithm, perhaps no longer than a single line that will unlock the secrets of the stars and galaxies.

Since we are not perfect by design once we reach a canditate and it is shown to be functional it is raised to a higher level much like the work regarding the Theory of Everything. How many times has PoW been modified? Zero, it has never been modified since the original Satoshi client. How many times has PoS been modified? Probably every other week, every time it is modified it is another failure, every time it is modified the cryptocurrency using it falls deeper into tyranny, how can you expect a healthy ecosystem when a bunch of tyrants can favor one business model over another rather than supporting all of them indiscriminately?

X13 favors governments and multinational corporations, if any of you have been following Snowden or reading up information on wikileaks you are probably aware of the efforts that take place to sabotage our cryptography. The more algorithms X13 consits of the larger the odds of one of them being compromised (which is safe to assume at 100% in this case), if even 1 of the algorithms is sabotaged it gives the saboteurs an enormous edge and the power to reverse transactions, double spend and do whatever they wish. Contrary to bcrypt most of the algorithms are untested by time, what would you bet your life savings on, a 3 year old algorithm or an algorithm which is 13 years old and based on functions more than 30 years old?

I don't know if I drew the parallels appropriately to convey my thoughts, I am not the biggest writer but more of a programmer.

So i was trying to test the send by delegate function with leduc but i am getting an error that "no delegate found to process transaction"

Please read the wiki, all this information is present. Every node can choose to become a delegate by pledging a set % to the network much like he would in a PoS system. Since there isn't a single delegate available (which is to be expected in such a new network) the error is thrown.

It is getting pretty difficult messaging over Tor due to DDoS protection, I am always active on our forums where the anonymity of our users isn't compromised.

We are also looking into the bcrypt business and the GPU miners, please stay patient and remain sane, this is experimental software, we could start a new blockchain, you guys are driving the prices way up with your greed. There is enough wealth to go around for everyone to become a millionaire.

Best regards.

Different cryptocurrencies also like to boast about anonymity when I have yet to see one coin to offer any (perhaps some may copy our work), some either broadcast the transaction over tor/l2p and leave the blockchain taint or use a poor implementation of mixing the blockchain and broadcast the transaction via clearnet (which effectively eliminates anonymity). It pains me to see when a cryptocurrency rides on the "anonymous" wave without any anonymity what-so-ever.

Darkcoin have even gone as far as removing darksend for a while...

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:36:12 AM

a windows wallet on launch ?
a coin that is mined with hardware on launch..
no premine.

a feature that is needed and not a flavour of the month gimmick.
such as something that addresses the copy /paste Windows QT wallets and how most coins share the same basic features and bugs

it's all obvious and none of it needs to be said really..

FUD first & ask questions later™
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:53:48 AM

50% of what people say is a feature is just a distribution method. Stupid.

The whole point of digital currencies rising is on the FUTURE HOPE that they will actually be used by a large amount of people in the real world.  

Do you really think distribution will matter at that point or mining efficiency?

Many coins have become detached from this reality and as there is no point to them 99% will crash to almost nothing.

The biggest decider will be user friendliness of the currency/wallet, uptake by the masses or an internal asset market so you can hold other assets and coins.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

50% of what people say is a feature is just a distribution method. Stupid.

The whole point of digital currencies rising is on the FUTURE HOPE that they will actually be used by a large amount of people in the real world.  

Do you really think distribution will matter at that point or mining efficiency?

Many coins have become detached from this reality and as there is no point to them 99% will crash to almost nothing.

The biggest decider will be user friendliness of the currency/wallet, uptake by the masses or an internal asset market so you can hold other assets and coins.

The uptake by the masses you refer to requires a coin to have a fair distribution. Nobody will invest in a coin where someone has power over 40% of the coin's economy; this only gives the impression of a Ponzi scheme, where the top holder could dump anytime and make the coin crash to 5% it's value.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:24:27 AM

Bad logic "Newbie" lol

we ALL care.. fact.

problem is some sleazy corrupt people have invaded this scene and started running around making scammy coins and others then supported them.
just because people are bragging about making money off of a pyramid scheme of sorts does not mean it's good or acceptable.
a lot of guys rob banks.. is that ok ?

what we have hear is NO regulation and a Free (for all) Market.. and the freedom is being abused for profit.

It never ceases to amaze me how lots of guys sit around trying to think of ways to make money of this.. (coin cloners)
while marching around pretending to be an honest crypto supporter.. you will not find a single guy admit to any shady behavior either
as far as newcomers are concerned they are all perfect little angels that do no wrong.. and do the math.. is it possible for 99% of these guys to legit ?

the never ending cliched attempts at white washing corrupt deceitful and greedy behavior is just dumb and transparent to anyone with a brain..

defending a ponzi scheme because you made money off it is not a good defense.

i've heard them all soooo many times..
how about it attracts new users to crypto ?
ya i agree it does.. it attracts literally the worst people around the globe ..hackers.. thieves.. scammers. organized crime etc
and even worse than those guys is the deceitful loud math spamming hyping fake-pumping marketing-team scam supporters..
we do not need to try and deliberately attract more of the poor dirt bags to crypto so they can make 1 or 2 BTC off of ripping of Noobs.
Rather than attracting sleazy corrupt poor dirt bags who just want to rip us off for a BTC or two we could be attracting big money from professional sources.
Think about it, would you all rather have a couple 16 yr old kids hyping some dumb piece of shit coin clone all over for a BTC profit (after they get off school)
or would you rather attract a guy like Richard Branson who started Virgin Galactic ?

With all the hacking and rip offs that have gone on we need professionals to take over the scene and start doing all the sites and service with professionalism..
Exchanges or Pools etc run by idiots who don't have a clue what they are doing causing severe security problems in our scene have got to go..
Amateur hour is over and sorry but many of you in Crypto need to leave now.. bye bye Wink
and please take the people with you bragging about scamming noobs with shitcoin clones for a BTC with you.

Your "marketing team" guys and GIRLS who sit on Troll box's all over hyping scammy shit coins. (Ponzi-Marketing-Teams) need to leave now !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: