Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandetta: Artist coins for bands and musicians  (Read 913 times)
Bandetta (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:23:37 AM

Hi there

Bandetta.com.au is a crowd funder I founded. I'm looking for developers interested in being a part of retooling my site to allow artists to easily start and promote their own coins, manage contracts and collaborate with others.
Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TYT6P8W to apply

http://i58.tinypic.com/2prfogn.jpg

From inception bandetta was a crowdfunding platform for artists, fans would pledge their admission in advance to cover the artists expenses upfront. Simple concept, has worked in other areas and will one day work in Aus. The distance between pledging fans here poses the logistical hurdle of there not being enough people in one place for anything to ever happen.

I was really trying to differentiate away from other platforms like Queremos and Songkick Detour buy being less centralised and thus less of a bottleneck but the artistcoin idea takes that to the next level.

An artist or a band should be able to start their own coin quickly (like the two up on counterwallet), market it and add incentives on top of the equity received from holding the coin. From there the options sort of blossom out, visual artists can find work by proposing band posters, voted on by the investors. Artists can propose ideas for collaboration and the investors can back the idea to bring in the other party and cover their risk. Commissioned work can happen in the same fashion. The core principle is to give a hard metric to the "I just found this great new band" feeling, letting them start their own fund to entice the artist to join and take part. The coded contracts for each coin would be clear and contingencies for things like bands breaking up etc. Much more on this to be fleshed out.

I hope to swarm fund the development using swarm corp when they launch on the 20th. If you would like to apply, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TYT6P8W to apply.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richie12

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

Nice site, and a great idea. Well done on getting something up there. Not an easy thing, I know. I have PM'd you anyway. But BUMP!
Bandetta (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:27:10 PM

Thanks Richie

Good skype chat. Keep me in the loop.

Developments:

I'v gotten some good responses so far, Id like to flesh out the concept a little more.

The minimum viable product consists entirely of the ability of the musician or band creating and verifying an account using content they have created. The ability for them to start and sell a coin to their own specification, backed by their content and their growth as a business.

Fans can purchase coins and delegate how they would like it to be used, this is entrusted to the artists as a donation with the incentive of the artist working in concert with these instructions to their own mutual benefit. A fan can have a diverse portfolio of investments in many bands, with the ability to enter buy and sell orders easily.

Added features can be added with excess swarm funding. Such as live graphs and ideally a mobil app.
My vision for this service has to happen and I want the best team I can build.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: