Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why?  (Read 1063 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheMage (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:00:58 AM

This thread is going out to all those who stand for Cryptos, whether it be Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin, NXT, NEM or something else (sorry I didnt mention others!).

I for one am putting my foot down (with little no no authority here obviously) and standing up for all cryptos and also that get consistently bashed by trolls!

This post really made me make this thread (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20452.0), and I would love to see community members across all isles band together and put a stop to the coin bashing.

Recently I have seen a significant increase in coin bashing from a few trolls, and as a community we need to put a stop to this and defend all cryptos that are trying their damnness to create something that will have a good alternative or possibly even replace fiat. We are all brothers and sisters in the same community, whether you realize this or not.

I am a Litecoin advocate and proud of it, but that doesnt mean I hate other cryptos. Rather I recognize that we are a family, and we are stronger when standing together.

As a side note and forewarning, this is also a self moderated thread to remove any trolls that come in here and spread the hate. For all I know they are NSA lackies that were hired to spread FUD (and before the tin foil hat posts go up, realize that the NSA had people playing WoW looking for terrorists rofl).

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:13:16 AM

It doesn't work this way. Everyone defends their vested interests and their favorite coin. Sorry, but what you call for is not attainable. It's competition. Litecoin doesn't even want to compete, its developer doesn't want to compete with Bitcoin. If Litecoin and its developer don't want to stand up for themselves, why would others stand up for them? Not gonna happen.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:10:56 AM

You might as well get used to trolls/fud, as there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about them. Initially when I started here I wondered where was forum moderation, as some trolling goes way overboard... evidently this is a troll feeding ground, close to no moderation whatsoever.

Sometimes trolling/fud is a form of coin tribalism, where people think that by knocking another coin, whatever they invested in will do better. Sometimes it's just part of the game... coin pumps, trolls come out to knock down price... be it because they don't want the coin to do well now that they sold, or they just want to buy back in at a lower rate. It's strangely predictable. I am less surprised now that there is so much trolling/fud, and more surprised at how well it works, seemingly repeatedly.
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:53:45 PM

The whole practice is really detrimental to cryptocurrency. These aren't competing companies, they're open source projects.
TheMage (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:19:28 AM

You might as well get used to trolls/fud, as there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about them. Initially when I started here I wondered where was forum moderation, as some trolling goes way overboard... evidently this is a troll feeding ground, close to no moderation whatsoever.

Sometimes trolling/fud is a form of coin tribalism, where people think that by knocking another coin, whatever they invested in will do better. Sometimes it's just part of the game... coin pumps, trolls come out to knock down price... be it because they don't want the coin to do well now that they sold, or they just want to buy back in at a lower rate. It's strangely predictable. I am less surprised now that there is so much trolling/fud, and more surprised at how well it works, seemingly repeatedly.

The whole practice is really detrimental to cryptocurrency. These aren't competing companies, they're open source projects.

These are both very true, and as a member of this community I ask others to please do everything in their ability to stop this. It really is detrimental to our cause as a crypto community as a whole.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Godye Sclaro X9

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

This is true. However, most open source projects don't have value directly impregnated into them. Hence I can understand why some people might get overly emotional standing up for the coin that they had invested in. They don't want to see all of their hard work go down the drain in the event that their coin gets squashed by a competitor.

Sometimes trolling/fud is a form of coin tribalism, where people think that by knocking another coin, whatever they invested in will do better. Sometimes it's just part of the game... coin pumps, trolls come out to knock down price... be it because they don't want the coin to do well now that they sold, or they just want to buy back in at a lower rate.

Well said.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:15:30 AM

This place is the shit hole of Crypto. I think coin bashing should not be allowed here, this shit is ridiculous how far some people go and it really pisses me off these faggot mods don't do anything.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:24:00 AM

This place is the shit hole of Crypto. I think coin bashing should not be allowed here, this shit is ridiculous how far some people go and it really pisses me off these faggot mods don't do anything.

so we can't bash coin, but we can bash mod, you have a nice "sense of bashing" lmao
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:55:49 PM

All the leading projects with some credibility should pool together to distribute articles on anonymity problems with litecoin, bitcoin, etc. Do it through one person who writes everything in generic terms not xmr is better than xyz.  When anonymity is on the radar as an issue, all related prices will go up, then you can start to distinguish differences.

This idea is nice, but the ongoing FUD campaigns inevitably breed distrust in the cross-community comparison. One needs to be understood and dealt with before the other. It would be interesting if it were revealed that no anonymous competition is behind this, but at this point it's not possible to tell. It's an effective campaign, and is recently losing ground IMO.

This thread is going out to all those who stand for Cryptos, whether it be Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin, NXT, NEM or something else (sorry I didnt mention others!).

I for one am putting my foot down (with little no no authority here obviously) and standing up for all cryptos and also that get consistently bashed by trolls!

This post really made me make this thread (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20452.0), and I would love to see community members across all isles band together and put a stop to the coin bashing.

Recently I have seen a significant increase in coin bashing from a few trolls, and as a community we need to put a stop to this and defend all cryptos that are trying their damnness to create something that will have a good alternative or possibly even replace fiat. We are all brothers and sisters in the same community, whether you realize this or not.

I am a Litecoin advocate and proud of it, but that doesnt mean I hate other cryptos. Rather I recognize that we are a family, and we are stronger when standing together.

As a side note and forewarning, this is also a self moderated thread to remove any trolls that come in here and spread the hate. For all I know they are NSA lackies that were hired to spread FUD (and before the tin foil hat posts go up, realize that the NSA had people playing WoW looking for terrorists rofl).

Suspicions noted: more than a few people think this is an idea worth spreading.

given what you are trying to do, maybe I should extend to all crypto  Wink
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

+10 to the OP.

I'm completely sick and tired of the endless lies and FUD that are spread here.
I've got no problem with people promoting their own pet projects/coins whatever, but the trolling... *rolls eyeballs*.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
TheMage (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:59:56 PM

+10 to the OP.

I've got no problem with people promoting their own pet projects/coins whatever, but the trolling... *rolls eyeballs*.

Thank you  Smiley

I am still amazed that there arent more people in here advocating for this!

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:30:26 PM

+10 to the OP.

Thank you  Smiley

I am still amazed that there arent more people in here advocating for this!

would suggest most are trolls.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: