Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] How does this work?  (Read 2476 times)
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 06:10:51 PM

first volume is in number of shares, not btc
second volume is ok, value of traded shares
As I said it's just a problem with the label. It's not pretty or anything, but you can still get the data about number of shares traded, even if they're labeled as "BTC". And I'm pretty sure it is solvable in the bitcoincharts platform if properly configured.

and the volume of traded stock is shown with .00 two decimal places as if fractions of shares would be tradeable
IMO fractions of a share should be tradeable on GLBSE.

From a technical standpoint, shares are whole positive numbers, decimals and fractions are not supported.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drknow012

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

can you clarify something for me please? i've yet to submit an ipo to glbse, so i dont' completely understand how the infrastructure works. if i want to create a profit sharing program with my share holders, i would obviously have to have some kind of financial data to provide to my investors. i know how i would create the financial data, but how do i setup a system to provide a portion of my profits to the investors. do i simply fund the glbse account with bitcoins and the price of the stock will go up? i figured i would simply submit an ipo and figure it out from there, but if you could help me understand it before i do that, it would put me at ease. thx in advance

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 11:20:41 PM

can you clarify something for me please? i've yet to submit an ipo to glbse, so i dont' completely understand how the infrastructure works. if i want to create a profit sharing program with my share holders, i would obviously have to have some kind of financial data to provide to my investors. i know how i would create the financial data, but how do i setup a system to provide a portion of my profits to the investors. do i simply fund the glbse account with bitcoins and the price of the stock will go up? i figured i would simply submit an ipo and figure it out from there, but if you could help me understand it before i do that, it would put me at ease. thx in advance

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Are you asking about paying dividends to holders of your security?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 01:26:27 AM

i guess what i'm asking is how basic market principals work. say i have distributed 200 shares. my website generates $100 in one cycle (100 is a nice round number) i want to share $33 dollars to my share holders (33%) so, 200 / 33 = about 6 dollars. how do i increase the value of the shares by 6$ a piece? or am i going about this the wrong way. should i provide dividends instead? if so, how do i adjust the dividend to match the profit sharing percentage (33% of $150, or $200 depending on how much i make in a cycle)

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 01:36:21 AM

i guess what i'm asking is how basic market principals work. say i have distributed 200 shares. my website generates $100 in one cycle (100 is a nice round number) i want to share $33 dollars to my share holders (33%) so, 200 / 33 = about 6 dollars. how do i increase the value of the shares by 6$ a piece? or am i going about this the wrong way. should i provide dividends instead? if so, how do i adjust the dividend to match the profit sharing percentage (33% of $150, or $200 depending on how much i make in a cycle)

Firstly, your math is wrong. $33 split amongst 200 shares is $0.165 per share.
Secondly, you don't determine what the value of your shares is, the market does. Once someone has already purchased shares from you, your options are dividends or offering to buy them back at a higher price.
Third, paying dividends at GLBSE is as easy as entering in the amount to be distributed to shareholders and clicking the "Pay" button from your asset control panel.

Still around.
drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 01:44:32 AM

see that's where i was confused. it's not fixed, right? you can pay as much as you want when every you want through dividends? if that's true, then i can post the financial data on the website and issue the dividends based on the data.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 03:00:12 AM

see that's where i was confused. it's not fixed, right? you can pay as much as you want when every you want through dividends? if that's true, then i can post the financial data on the website and issue the dividends based on the data.

Correct.

Still around.
drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

righteous!  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: