August 17, 2024, 02:16:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289474 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:02:24 PM

He does have a valid point. Hosting and a webpage would be nice to answer any questions.Not everyone uses Skype nor should they have to contact you on their to get there questions answered.

Avalanche is a must own
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:09:33 PM

He does have a valid point. Hosting and a webpage would be nice to answer any questions.Not everyone uses Skype nor should they have to contact you on their to get there questions answered.

That wasnt my point. But, yes I fully agree that an info page is needed.

However, his corporation points and taxation comments are unresearched in terms of what we are doing and he would be better of having a direct conversation with me.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:19:13 PM

That wasnt my point. But, yes I fully agree that an info page is needed.

However, his corporation points and taxation comments are unresearched in terms of what we are doing and he would be better of having a direct conversation with me.

For all the posts.. just whip out an index.html with an faq on a 5 dollar freakin node

As youve changed your story as i progressed with questions to suit calming of the community and uncertainty part of fud is clearly winning.  

No.  Im not a liar or unresearched..  that doesnt work here.  Was gonna leave this whip cream bath alone but you guys called me out.  And no.   I do not use skype.   You wanna hack me or something?

Where have I changed my story?

No, I do not want to hack you, oh my fucking god, are you sinking that low to even accuse me of that, especially after the countless hours I have spent assisting community members via Skype and Teamviewer.

Look, like Orestes said, invest or don't invest.

If my timeline of releasing information doesn't suit you, I am sorry, however, WE HAVEN'T EVEN RELEASED ANYTHING!!!!!

Even if we do not release information until prelaunch, that is fine, however, I have released enough information on this thread to choke a Donkey Camel.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:40:00 PM

OK.

Let's start on a fresh foot.

I joined in April of last year as SCDeveloper working in the shadows on DarkSilk.

Later on (a few months) I started to work on Silk (replacement for Silkcoin) because of many issues with the client, high CPU usage, slow sync etc.

During the last 100+ pages of this thread I voiced my plan and direction whilst listening to community response and adapting the plan to suit their needs and wants. This is why things have changed, but at the same time I have stated nothing is set in stone until we have our OP and are in prelaunch.

Oh and I didn't develop the original Silkcoin, need to make that clear.

Weaver, lets sort this out. OK, so, silknetwork.org is the domain that Weaver will reside on. When you enter that domain you will be greeted by Weaver, not a Silk Network website, but a Silk/DarkSilk websites will exist and will be linked from Weaver (silknetwork.org). Also, within Weaver and the other sites, there will be access to a Wiki style info site.

The reason I haven't collated all the questions and answers in the thread is simply because I am busy with the developers actually developing the software. This doesn't mean that I am saying it doesn't need doing.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:44:25 PM

So Weaver, what will be centralised and what will be decentralised at launch:

Swap - Centralised
Online Wallets - Centralised
Messaging - Decentralised
Mining - Centralised
Stormnode Hosting - Decentralised/Centralised (collateral stays under user control also)

Our aim however is to add as many decentralised services to Weaver as possible and to eventually decentralise Weaver completely.

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:48:37 PM

With all things being flung around on here...I suggest that there is a road map drafted with timelines.  I would also suggest that as this develops that we have a clear idea who our devs are and what their roles are.   Who is in charge of media/messaging?  Who is in charge of an FAQ?  Is there a developers and marketing fund?

Basically who's in charge? What is the plan...clearly defined-ed.

As a major holder of silkcoin...these are important questions to me and I suppose to others regardless of the size of their holdings.  Please PM me as I don't mind skypeing I have a few other suggestions on conduct on here that I would rather not wish to air here.  Thanks.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:49:13 PM

With all things being flung around on here...I suggest that there is a road map drafted with timelines.  I would also suggest that as this develops that we have a clear idea who our devs are and what their roles are.   Who is in charge of media/messaging?  Who is in charge of an FAQ?  Is there a developers and marketing fund?

Basically who's in charge? What is the plan...clearly defined-ed.

As a major holder of silkcoin...these are important questions to me and I suppose to others regardless of the size of their holdings.  Please PM me as I don't mind skypeing I have a few other suggestions on conduct on here that I would rather not wish to air here.  Thanks.

My Skype is public: spencer.lievens

EDIT: There may be two accounts from where Skype switched my accounts about because of Micro$oft, just add both Wink
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:25:51 PM

That's a lot to catch up now
loads to read
lots of new names and old ones
loads of issues reissued

I have to say that these guys have a point:

Looks like we are doing something right!  Grin

Silkcoin right now is undervalued not overvalued, heaving a steady and solid increase

come to think of it there might be a lot of people coming back here once the big attention is on us.
So be prepared for a wave of 'Old Skoolers
'.

I dont invest in coins, I invest in ppl behind it.

Got to love how you guys handle answering the same questions over and over all while having to deal with......

It always amazes me how bitcointalk can erupt into a frenzy then just fall completely silent and peaceful.......

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:29:55 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 05:26:29 AM by ttoroie

New Silkcoin folder updated for quick sync  including nodes
For Newcomers
download and install the silkcoin wallet first
start the wallet for a minute or so then exit
Get the updated files: Download the silkcoin.zip file, it's around 950megs..
Files here On Google Drive

Then use the search feature for windows, and search for %APPDATA%
Once you're there click "Roaming" then goto the Silkcoin dir.
This is the folder where silkcoin wallet keeps the data

Then extract everything over, everything from silkcoin.zip file, into the silkcoin folder you found in the %APPDATA% search. Overwrite all.

Don't delete or play with your wallet.dat file.

PS: You only need to do this in case of trouble, loss of data, no sync wallet, or new to the silkcoin

Good Syncing and Welcome to the Camel World

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:39:17 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 12:50:49 AM by Bitcoinasourus

Also I looked at your 2 other posts you have made outside this thread and you state:

"I like Silkcoin and aslo Monero is good.  The newest Silkcoin will be very good and right now is very cheap.  I think also monero is very cheap so i will keep buying more.  Ethereum seems like maybe its a not real price and could crash and moserable burn if the vitalik say they run out of money again lol

I guess i shpuld have bought a lot of ethereums in the crowd saling haha from the markets now seems like a bad idea   but who knows maybe one day ethereum makes a wallet that someone can use withoit tech support"

So, basically, your just trying to drive down price with one of your many sock puppet accounts.

Sorry, but I am no longer entertaining you.

Huh? Entertaining? Im asking serious questions you are sidestepping.   Regardless of how many accounts i have.  So no fees for swap? And swap is infinite?

And my silk is worthless unless i use the corporate weaver.  Correct?

Cryptos were meant for anonymous users.  Thats the whole point.  I invest for funds that require this.  Whatever man.  No big deal. Yeh price has risen based on my 'trolling' as youve all called it. Fanboys rebellion lol So im doing fine on my investment but this is driven by speculation not by long term investment rational.

And ill buy whatever fucking crypto i want and post wherever i want and ask whatever questions i want, and its not like the technology i purchased has anything to do with you anyways currently..You havent released a single thing. This is still the old silkcoin.. why i posted you saying prerelease was to be a couple weeks 9 months ago, thanks for affirming that.

No response from arteleis yet. Weird.   He was a hardcore warrior for this coin from what I've read. He your sock puppet account? Lol

Artelis is a good guy, who i've spoken to on the phone. He can't code. So he isn't any sock puppet. If i know him he is busy working like a dog. Could very well be doing QC checks on jobs out of town.

He's been around.

The lead developer is heading the coin.

Spencer has stated before that they aren't starting the official ANN thread until the code is done. This thread is here to suss up final dev before release..
Price wen't up because the dev's response to your lame attempt at fud. Don't let the chip on your shoulder effect your judgment.

Yeah you bring up legit points, but your posts are written in a context of attack, and many assumptions of the dev team.

To me you lack a certain maturity. I've been here since day one, and spent time and money on the network. That makes me a fanboi? Without people like me, and everyone else who supports the project. Where does it go? Sit at 50sats and totally die? Some ones gotta stand up.
If i can call your BS, and avoid spence or other people from having to waste time on posts that can be answered with a simple google. Well worth my time.

Skype is fairly solid.. Sure he can get your IP, but if your machine is open that's your fault. Again maybe some thing an international funds manager should avoid. Let me guess windows 10, McAfee antivirus? Cheesy

My concern with weaver has been DDOs attacks. The centralization leaves it open, and mitigation isn't cheap. Your worried about fees? You pay for a weaver account, paid in silk/drksilk/btc. I'll track down some posts on it.

The fact you think a proper ddos protected server is anything CLOSE to $15, shows me you level of exp.

All they need to do is get a box at cyberbunker.. DONE. Transactions in BTC. no tax.. They protect everyone.. They don't even care who you are... Done.. Issue sussed in my mind.

Cloudflare won't be enough. It is really only a first layer. It has a hard time stopping TOP/i2p based attacks.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 04:36:19 PM

Glad someone cleaned up the forum... Much better now!!!  We can all breathe...   Grin

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 05:39:21 PM

Glad someone cleaned up the forum... Much better now!!!  We can all breathe...   Grin

He actually private messaged Orestes and apologised, then afterwards deleted his posts.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:01:40 PM

Glad someone cleaned up the forum... Much better now!!!  We can all breathe...   Grin

He actually private messaged Orestes and apologised, then afterwards deleted his posts.

Questioning things is all well and fine, but he really took things personal...  Reminded me of the real days of PnD cryptos, good god...  It was shit bird after shit bird after shit bird, all of crypto was a PnD.

Honestly for the most part, that time has passed, and I am glad to see projects like Silk Network still pushing through after the sea of shit.

Lol...  I myself even had to take months off from it.  It was so repetitive, I couldn't take it anymore.  You could not trust anything from anyone and sooooo many people got burned...  Even from so called legitimate projects that ended up being crap...

You've come a long way...  Kudos to the team!

EDIT:  Who remembers the XC, Cloak, Bitbay days... Etc... Etc...
I think crypto has come a long way and see 2016 as a better year forward.

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:39:46 PM

Glad someone cleaned up the forum... Much better now!!!  We can all breathe...   Grin

Well I wouldnt count it as an apology that would set him as being wrong, and I don't think that this is the case. He just voiced his opinion in a certain manner. We had a small private communication where he wished us the best and thats good to hear.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:56:54 PM

Well I wouldnt count it as an apology that would set him as being wrong, and I don't think that this is the case. He just voiced his opinion in a certain manner. We had a small private communication where he wished us the best and thats good to hear.

Ah ok. Cool. Sorry misread the earlier message between us privately Wink
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:08:54 PM

One of the things I've learned from watching the development path of DASH was that by having main dev's not engaging in open disagreements gave the appearance of professionalism and of rising above the clamour.    Maybe it would be interesting to see if a similar model of organizing a community that DASH used  could be implemented in Silk/DarkSilk, with clear structure.

I certainly believe there is some great energy here...considering i've been invested in Silk since early spring 2014 I've seen all sorts of sillyness.  Its a shame that the BCT forum mods can't help remove old pages that are no longer valid to help clean up old messy crap.  That being said...I guess you could think of it as a historical look into the evolution of Silkcoin.

I'm hoping to be around in the next couple of days to have a chat with Lievens.

Rich

Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:26:25 AM

One of the things I've learned from watching the development path of DASH was that by having main dev's not engaging in open disagreements gave the appearance of professionalism and of rising above the clamour.    Maybe it would be interesting to see if a similar model of organizing a community that DASH used  could be implemented in Silk/DarkSilk, with clear structure.

I certainly believe there is some great energy here...considering i've been invested in Silk since early spring 2014 I've seen all sorts of sillyness.  Its a shame that the BCT forum mods can't help remove old pages that are no longer valid to help clean up old messy crap.  That being said...I guess you could think of it as a historical look into the evolution of Silkcoin.

I'm hoping to be around in the next couple of days to have a chat with Lievens.

Rich

If darksilk coin would be anything like scam coin DASH, then there are ppl that dont want to invest or buy them, including me. I have a reputation outside crypto and to be involved in a scam is not my cup of tea.

I belive they will create a good coin but the company can mess things upp a bit. I dont think that will have to much impact on the coin so Im in.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 05:57:55 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 02:22:00 AM by bigrcanada1

In all respect sir, I'm won't substantiate  your comments in regards to DASH...its substantial investment and market cap is all the validation it needs.

As founder, owner and investor in numerous brick and mortar companies, with dozens of employees, I too am very cognitive of my reputation. Crypto is a hobby investment for me.

All coins have qualities, functions, as well as issues and challenges that coin dev teams can learn from.   Certainly Silkcoin has had many of its own challenges, as some of us long time investors know well.

In conclusion, we as a community as I'm sure you'll agree, are looking with great interest on the continued progress and development of Silkcoin/Darkcoin ecosystem, hopefully gleening useful knowledge from other projects.   This is what my point was.

Cheers,

Richard
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:59:51 PM

It seems the market slowed down a bit and that is okay. The price got some stability which is another good thing. Here some fud is going on which is inevitable. All the rest seems to go as planned.
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:54:59 PM

I got what I was hoping for and that's some 'cheap' extra's. The announcement of the release is being worked on and probably won't take more than 2 weeks and from what I've read it looks pretty damn solid! So I'm counting myself lucky as late adopter. Information distribution will be a lot better with an ann OP and solid information about the whole idea will be released. I'm very excited as well as anxious if it's as promising as said. Bring it! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: