Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEMStake unrightfully claimed - Full disclosure  (Read 3951 times)
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:28:04 AM

Wtf pet master are u stupid?

~CfA~

It is easy to say if you talk from above. Careless he may have been, but stupid is an insult.
patmast3r (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:54:19 AM

~CfA~

It is easy to say if you talk from above. Careless he may have been, but stupid is an insult.

I appreciate you stepping up but I wasn't careless either.
I care - a lot.

NASdaq

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:27:10 AM

So sorry to hear of this scam, NEM is a very honest team so you will recover. A good warning to all people in crypto land - beware of criminals!!
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:46:38 PM

I do not really understand the point of this topic:
1. It for sure will not be read by everybody.
2. When I place a buy order, I do not know who will be the eventual seller.
It is sad that somebody did that, but I do not know what the community can do about it, except collect money to buy 6 stakes.

feina24h

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

everyone make mistakes, Dev team should donate 6 stakes to you and lests move on  Grin

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:49:47 PM

It is sad that somebody did that, but I do not know what the community can do about it, except collect money to buy 6 stakes.

The point was to be transparent about it. Keeping mistakes secret has fucked us one time - won't happen again.

tonyk

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:58:39 PM

The point was to be transparent about it. Keeping mistakes secret has fucked us one time - won't happen again.

If this is the purpose please consider renaming the thread appropriately:
‘Be Aware 6 NEM stakes were scammed from me/us.’
Not
‘DO NOT BUY NEMSTAKE FROM THESE ADDRESSES!!!!’

2c

ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

This should be closed because the title is misleading. Make a note in the token issuance book if needed but "do not buy" thread does not do anything except to confuse people.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

~CfA~

u r utterly wrong. he was stupid and he know it.  dont have to lie dude
problem is now NEM is even more destroyed, no fairness, no egalitarian.Free Stakes for Scammers? NEM! Angry

~CfA~

Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

~CfA~

problem is now NEM is even more destroyed, no fairness, no egalitarian.Free Stakes for Scammers? NEM! Angry

~CfA~

Oh, cool CFA, you are in buy mode right now, I am too, looks like youll be running around putting a scare into everybody till my buy order gets filled.  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

Oh, cool CFA, you are in buy mode right now, I am too, looks like youll be running around putting a scare into everybody till my buy order gets filled.  Roll Eyes

sry Chris, im angry cuz i bought my additional stakes and i dont really like if some suckers get it 4 free because pet master is too stupid to properly issue dem stakes.... its unfair and not acceptable

~CfA~

Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

This should be closed because the title is misleading. Make a note in the token issuance book if needed but "do not buy" thread does not do anything except to confuse people.

Pat take this stuff down. This stuff happens all the time. I feel bad it happened to you. You are a great asset to the NEM community, but there is no point to this and nothing should be halted.

You want to make sure nothing like this happens again?

Well, I would imagine it won't.

What other scams are out there? Countless!!

But we can't let the scammers stop the show. That is much more costly than 6 stakes!!!

Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:59:42 PM

Pat take this stuff down. This stuff happens all the time. I feel bad it happened to you. You are a great asset to the NEM community, but there is no point to this and nothing should be halted.

But we can't let the scammers stop the show. That is much more costly than 6 stakes!!!

I think you can't delete threads here but even if I could I wouldn't.
If we have learned anything from UPs mistake it's that we have to be transparent about stuff like this. That's exactly what I'm doing.
We could have kept this a secret. Noone would have known, Noone could have known.
The fact that we were open about this should actually build up trust instead of hurting it.
This won't stop anything. Don't be absurd Smiley It's a few stakes out of 3000 - worse things have happend.

And just ignore CfA. He's some moron desperate for attention. He's the worst kind of a btt user and the entire forum knows it.

Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:05:50 PM

If we have learned anything from UPs mistake it's that we have to be transparent about stuff like this. That's exactly what I'm doing.
We could have kept this a secret. Noone would have known, Noone could have known.
The fact that we were open about this should actually build up trust instead of hurting it.
This won't stop anything. Don't be absurd Smiley It's a few stakes out of 3000 - worse things have happend.

And just ignore CfA. He's some moron desperate for attention. He's the worst kind of a btt user and the entire forum knows it.

Im talking about issuing tokens. You are right, it shouldn't be taken down. I shouldn't have said that. Leave it up, but let those who want their tokens get them is all i'm saying.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

~CfA~

~CfA~

oops. This is a germ I am talking to.
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:08:27 PM

Im talking about issuing tokens. You are right, it shouldn't be taken down. I shouldn't have said that. Leave it up, but let those who want their tokens get them is all i'm saying.

The plan is to resume issueing tokens as soon as we've worked out the detailes of how it'll work in the future to avoid such mistakes.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:09:06 PM

It is incorrect. As long as the list is open, the discrepancy will come out. Matching the toke issuance list with the final list is not a rocket science. I keep a copy of the whole stake list and I am probably not the only one doing so. From a stakeholder POV, each account = 1 stake and the total number are written down so in the end things have to add up. 

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:11:07 PM

It is incorrect. As long as the list is open, the discrepancy will come out. Matching the toke issuance list with the final list is not a rocket science. I keep a copy of the whole stake list and I am probably not the only one doing so. From a stakeholder POV, each account = 1 stake and the total number are written down so in the end things have to add up. 

What would have stoped me from changing the names so there was no discrepancy ?
It would have been easy to cover up.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:18:13 PM

I keep a copy * and probably many others. It is a distributed blockchain concept so that we can all agree on a shared ledger. If there is a discrepancy and doubt, we can go back to the funding threads and look for the account's post to confirm the account's validity. In fact, I would recommend NEM team doing a full stakeholder list validation given all the changes and mistakes have been made. It could take sometimes but the method is clear and non refutable.

* My copy is about 2 weeks old when I was first active here but someone could have even an older copy.

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:27:37 PM

I keep a copy * and probably many others. It is a distributed blockchain concept so that we can all agree on a shared ledger. If there is a discrepancy and doubt, we can go back to the funding threads and look for the account's post to confirm the account's validity. In fact, I would recommend NEM team doing a full stakeholder list validation given all the changes and mistakes have been made. It could take sometimes but the method is clear and non refutable.

* My copy is about 2 weeks old when I was first active here but someone could have even an older copy.

that 2 week old copy would have been worthless as the token issuance list was updated daily.

We did audit all tokens that we're issued.
The entire list was audited once already. During that process about 300 people were removed.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: