Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:02:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEMStake unrightfully claimed - Full disclosure  (Read 3945 times)
patmast3r (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:37:33 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 02:35:54 PM by patmast3r

Some ass has manged to scam assets out of me.
NO STAKES ARE LOST !

Everyone on the list will get they're stakes and everyone who has bought a stake on the AE will (apart from the scammer obviously)

Following accounts have scammed assets:

NXT-XR2N-5SS3-X9BZ-H8BN8
NXT-8SCQ-9S3Q-JP2T-DM6Q5
NXT-8YZK-DV4T-4R3K-5BU5L
NXT-ZHUA-3R7B-G74V-AG5VV
NXT-29UX-LJCV-YAGJ-FZWV9
NXT-W7SY-5SMN-L7QE-E7CLA

So a total of 6 assets have been scammed out of me.
Since almost 600 were issued I think we can safely say worse things have happend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:00:16 AM

what is a nemstake ?
serious question...

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:06:13 AM

what is a nemstake ?
serious question...

It's the representation of 1 stake of NEM which is traded on the NXT AE.
You can find out more about NEM in my sig Smiley

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 10:50:43 AM

what is a nemstake ?
serious question...

NEMstake: http://nextblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735
Also on coinmarketcap ^^

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:52:47 AM

How did he scam assets out of you?
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:55:24 AM

how?
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:57:26 AM

DO NOT BUY NEMStake from the NXT AE.
Some ass has manges to scam assets out of me. Do not buy any more assets until I have assesed the sitution further.

NO STAKES ARE LOST !

Everyone on the list will get they're stakes and everyone who has bought a stake on the AE will (apart from the scammer obviously)

NXT-XR2N-5SS3-X9BZ-H8BN8
NXT-8SCQ-9S3Q-JP2T-DM6Q5
NXT-8YZK-DV4T-4R3K-5BU5L
NXT-ZHUA-3R7B-G74V-AG5VV
NXT-29UX-LJCV-YAGJ-FZWV9
NXT-W7SY-5SMN-L7QE-E7CLA

Since almost 600 were issued I think we can safely say worse things have happend.

It is likely that the scammers already sold. It is not a good idea to take down the final stakeholder list. It is not like anyone can modify the sheet but you. You can't prevent people from selling in an unregulated market.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:04:20 PM

Some ass has manges to scam assets out of me. Do not buy any more assets until I have assesed the sitution further.

NO STAKES ARE LOST !

NXT-XR2N-5SS3-X9BZ-H8BN8
NXT-8SCQ-9S3Q-JP2T-DM6Q5
NXT-8YZK-DV4T-4R3K-5BU5L
NXT-ZHUA-3R7B-G74V-AG5VV
NXT-29UX-LJCV-YAGJ-FZWV9
NXT-W7SY-5SMN-L7QE-E7CLA

It would appear as though the best thing to do, would be to go yourself and buy 6 NEMstakes and burn them. This would ensure that everything to continues to run smoothly.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:33:20 PM

How did he scam assets out of you?

He created accounts with names that were almost identical to names on the stakeholderlist.

So there would be dudexxx on the list and he would create an account dudexx.

I always check on the google spreadsheet with the search function if the PMs really came from stakeholders. If the search function finds the text you are looking for it marks the entire cell green not just the letters which is why i didn't notize the one missing character. Cell lit up green so I thought it was a match.

Of course all accounts were brand new but then so are many of our stakeholders so that didn't really ring any alarm bells.

patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:34:16 PM

NO STAKES ARE LOST !

NXT-XR2N-5SS3-X9BZ-H8BN8
NXT-8SCQ-9S3Q-JP2T-DM6Q5
NXT-8YZK-DV4T-4R3K-5BU5L
NXT-ZHUA-3R7B-G74V-AG5VV
NXT-29UX-LJCV-YAGJ-FZWV9
NXT-W7SY-5SMN-L7QE-E7CLA

It would appear as though the best thing to do, would be to go yourself and buy 6 NEMstakes and burn them. This would ensure that everything to continues to run smoothly.

They will go smoothly. Everyone that bought stakes on the AE and everyone on the stakehodlerlist will get their stakes. It's just those 6 stakes that are lost.

Unless noone buys them from him because we sure as hell won't let him redeem stakes from those addresses Smiley

lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:50:50 PM

NO STAKES ARE LOST !

NXT-XR2N-5SS3-X9BZ-H8BN8
NXT-8SCQ-9S3Q-JP2T-DM6Q5
NXT-8YZK-DV4T-4R3K-5BU5L
NXT-ZHUA-3R7B-G74V-AG5VV
NXT-29UX-LJCV-YAGJ-FZWV9
NXT-W7SY-5SMN-L7QE-E7CLA

They will go smoothly. Everyone that bought stakes on the AE and everyone on the stakehodlerlist will get their stakes. It's just those 6 stakes that are lost.

Unless noone buys them from him because we sure as hell won't let him redeem stakes from those addresses Smiley

I think we can assume they will be sold, even if they are sold to their own accounts. This would mean 6 stakes will be redeemed that shouldn't have. This means there will either be an extra 6 million nem or every stakeholder will involuntarily donate a percentage of their nem to create 6 new stakeholders. Or, if 6 Nem stakes from the market were destroyed, it would be evened out.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

I don't think you can ensure this. he can easily create other NXT accounts and buy with them first, before he sells it to someone else. or he can claim a stake with that accounts.

You only have 2 options:
- buy 6 stakes and burn them as suggested from lovely89
- sell 6 stakes less on auction

surely noone, that bought the scammed stakes should take responsibility for you not paying attention...
of course noone wants the scammer to take advantage but you can't grab him... unless you work out his ip and visit him in person...
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

surely noone, that bought the scammed stakes should take responsibility for you not paying attention...

Did i say they should ?
Did i even suggest anything like that ?

bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:11:06 PM

I think what lordoliver is saying is that you should redeem them. in your other statement you alluded that they couldn't be redeemed.
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:13:02 PM

I think what lordoliver is saying is that you should redeem them. in your other statement you alluded that they couldn't be redeemed.

That wasn't my intention.

Of course they'll be redeemed.

c2e

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:20:19 PM

Of course the dev team will have to eat the cost some way or another. Meanwhile there looks to be some major dumping going on in the AE, several stakes sold pushing the price down to 25k nxt.
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:00:09 PM

Of course the dev team will have to eat the cost some way or another. Meanwhile there looks to be some major dumping going on in the AE, several stakes sold pushing the price down to 25k nxt.

Not the dev team but me.
I don't know how but it will be compensated one way or another.

No stakeholder or NEM itself will loose anything.

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:07:35 PM

You should posts this in alternate cripto currencies, it will be more people there familiar with nxt
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:23:19 PM

Not the dev team but me. I don't know how but it will be compensated one way or another. No stakeholder or NEM itself will loose anything.

I am sorry to hear about the scam. You should get a big compensation package for all the works since the beginning.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
patmast3r (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:23:59 PM

Not the dev team but me. I don't know how but it will be compensated one way or another. No stakeholder or NEM itself will loose anything.

I am sorry to hear about the scam. You should get a big compensation package for all the works. What happened ?

UPDATE: NXT-5SPQ-5AVB-PV6D-F6EJL

Don't by from there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: