Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S2: Password problems  (Read 3013 times)
quantumDavey (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

Hi,

I just took delivery of an Antminer S2.

I discovered that:

1. The default ssh password is not the same as the default web password. To log in via ssh, I had to use the username root (expected) and password admin (expected same as web password, ie 'root').

2. I can change the password of the ssh root user okay. But that new password does not persist after a reboot - BAD!

3. I cannot change the password on the web interface. Whatever password I try as the old password (including the one I logged in with). I get a box flashing up with the message Invalid Password and then dumped back to the change password page. I have even tried making the ssh root password the same as the web password, and then changing the web password but no luck. Just get the invalid password all the time.

So how can I fix these problems. Any ideas ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:53:27 AM

I've met this problem too. Who's got a solution?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
potatoho

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:51:11 AM

Some information I use on my S2.. I've only had mine for a few weeks so I am not versed in recovery methods yet. Please use caution etc.

Persistent files go into /config where you will find shadow (a copy of /etc/passwd), asic-freq.config (your under/over clocking values), lighttpd-htdigest.user (contains web password).

After setting my root password with standard passwd command. Testing it etc. Then I copy /etc/shadow over to /config/shadow in preparation for saving.

The web password seems to set properly for me using the web console. However, if you have trouble you can look at the /www/pages/cgi-bin/passwd.cgi and see how it is storing the web password. It simply goes into /config/lighttpd-htdigest.user as an md5 hash.

echo -n 'root:antMiner Configuration:your_password' | md5sum | cut -b -32

And that should show you the hash value to use in the lighttpd-htdigest.user file on that 'root:antMiner Configuration' key.

Not sure if you'd have to make the change to /etc/lighttpd-htdigest.user as well to test the changes.

Once you've tested all the changes and they work ok, the trick to burn the configuration is to use the web console Miner Configuration tab and hit the Save & Apply button.
quantumDavey (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

OK, that all appears to work. Thanks very much.

One other thing I noticed is that the S2 firmware seems to be very 'sawn off' compared to the S1. I know they use a different platform as a controller.  What is the controller in the S2, coz looking around in ssh, in some ways it looks more  RaspPi-ish than an S1 ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: