Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:39:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Fair?  (Read 1598 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:44:04 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 11:56:15 AM by Come-from-Above

do u think Bitcoin culd be called fair?
~CfA~

Yes its fair, in fact one of the most fair currencies out there.. or i dont know what are you triying to say with "fair"

wrong its not 'fair', but thats why i love it to be honest.

http://www.businessinsider.com/927-people-own-half-of-the-bitcoins-2013-12
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/owns-bitcoins-infographic-wealth-distribution/2014/03/21

It turns out that the distribution of bitcoins among users is even more skewed than the distribution of traditional wealth across the globe. This is understandable, since bitcoin favours early adopters who either mined or purchased their coins a few years ago. Furthermore, the amount of bitcoins in circulation is capped at 21 million, which also helps create an unequal distribution of wealth. Interestingly, the FBI had the second largest known stash of bitcoins, a whopping 174,000 BTC from the Silk Road seizure.

BITCOIN is the best. Keep the rich rich and let dem Average Joe slaves hype up my riches. Smiley

~CfA~

ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:57:58 PM

~CfA~

obviously

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:43:30 PM

~CfA~

Yes.  Bitcoin is the coin with the best distribution, where the top 100 richest addresses hold less than 20% of all the coins (and that's including Satoshi's huge stash).

http://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/

Most altcoins are at about 50%, although it could be argued that, since they were released in a period were considerably more people are aware of cryptocurrencies, they may in a way be more fair.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

No it isn't:

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/charts/bitcoin-distribution-by-address?atblock=305000

96.04% of addresses have shit nothing, few have even 1 BTC. It's a joke, it really solves shit nothing when it comes to equality. But it's always the same tho, whoever gets first makes the big gains, the rest of us just miss the boat and stay depressed for not being in the right moment at the right time. It is great tho, for trying to evade taxes, moving money around the world, recieving payments easy, and so on and so on (but for this I would use an anonymous coin like Monero, anyway).

Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

no it is not.

worst distribution of all coins. Like most of minable coins.

That´s why we need a good POS coin. Maybe it will be NEM.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

no it is not.

Oh boy here we go again.

Not its not fair ''insert shitcoin'' is a lot better.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:09:04 PM

no it is not.

Oh boy here we go again.

It's always like that here

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:13:31 PM

no it is not.

Oh boy here we go again.

No it´s always like, buy my shitcoin, cause I can mine it profitable at the moment.
So POW just fucking die.

I don´t care if it´s NXT, NEM, Qora or another good coin. But POW has to die.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

Why put this in alternate cryptos discussion, not in the bitcoin discussion?

For me there is no thing like "fair", absolutely speaking, only more fair and less fair. That being said, bitcoin is the most fair currency than all others before it, in the sense no central authority can screw it(hyperinflation, money confiscation, and stuff like that), anyone can get it without strong regulations like gold, silver and stocks have, you have some privacy with more transparency too, and you can decide whether you want trust a 3th part to store your money, or if you want take full responsibility to your savings
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

~CfA~

this is a stupid question so I'll give you a stupid two-part answer:

1. Bitcoin is fair as it's a decentralized and trustless currency so it's as fair as can be.
2. The market is unfair to new commers.

nope
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:49:36 PM

Its more fair than their fiat/gold/etc counterparts. For me is enough
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:53:55 PM

~CfA~

obviously

obviously not -  better definition is "flawed" if you want to contest "flawed on purpose" then that's up to you

but it's not a scam, there is not real Po$ or (Proof of Scam) or more specifically it wasn't designed as a "trust us" type system.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

no it is not.

Oh boy here we go again.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:55:02 PM

kids today.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:29:01 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 09:50:02 PM by LeChatNoir

It is not fairer then LTC, PPC, DOGE, DRK, NXT, Facebook, Twitter etc. etc. etc.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Benjig

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:46:14 PM

Yes its fair, in fact one of the most fair currencies out there.. or i dont know what are you triying to say with "fair"
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:52:49 AM

wrong its not 'fair', but thats why i love it to be honest.

http://www.businessinsider.com/927-people-own-half-of-the-bitcoins-2013-12
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/owns-bitcoins-infographic-wealth-distribution/2014/03/21

It turns out that the distribution of bitcoins among users is even more skewed than the distribution of traditional wealth across the globe. This is understandable, since bitcoin favours early adopters who either mined or purchased their coins a few years ago. Furthermore, the amount of bitcoins in circulation is capped at 21 million, which also helps create an unequal distribution of wealth. Interestingly, the FBI had the second largest known stash of bitcoins, a whopping 174,000 BTC from the Silk Road seizure.

BITCOIN is the best. Keep the rich rich and let dem Average Joe slaves hype up my riches. Smiley

~CfA~

counter

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:31:15 PM

Bitcoin is fair to me because it was for sale to everyone when the price was low.  Anybody paying attention had a chance to buy and hold but many didn't take the risk.  So to me in that sense it is fair.  But not everyone has access to the internet or were aware of it's existance.  So it that sense it is not so fair. 
lynn_402

Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

Bitcoin is fair to me because it was for sale to everyone when the price was low.  Anybody paying attention had a chance to buy and hold but many didn't take the risk.  So to me in that sense it is fair.  But not everyone has access to the internet or were aware of it's existance.  So it that sense it is not so fair. 

The great thing is that, for those who deem that Bitcoin is not fair and yet are still interested in cryptocurrencies, they now have hundreds of them to choose from!

Altcoins are a great asset to the fairness of cryptocurrencies.
counter

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:09:02 PM

I agree but the alt coins don't have the same community/ecosystem Bitcoin has.  Also it is hard to find a good coin in such a saturated market full of scams, clones and pump & dumps.  But I agree with you their is that potential none the less.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: