Red Hat Linux - 1 (2.3%)
SabayonLinux - 0 (0%)
Slackware - 2 (4.7%)
SUSE Linux - 0 (0%)
Ubuntu - 4 (9.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What System You Use  (Read 2323 times)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:04:46 AM

i use mac osx but i prefer to use linux for most things now

ahappymau5

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

J'ai Envie De Toi

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:03:32 AM

Windows 8/8.1 is the biggest disaster when it comes to operating systems.
I would prefer to just switch back to Windows 7. much better for gaming.
ubuntu is nice for programming though.

strijelac2311

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:32:44 AM

I use  windows xp  system because is the bestt !
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

Why didn't you add Linux MINT ??

Do you really think anyone use windows 2000 ? Mac OS 7 ?

I am forced to use Windows 8 at work : It's a piece of shit. Nothing work. Bugs everywhere.
Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:40:01 AM

Window 7.

Handtouch

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:28:04 AM

i use win 7.
hyipworld

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:48:51 AM

I am using window7 in my laptop and XP on desktop both experiences is really nice to me Smiley
lauraqtro

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:55:57 AM

I'm using Windows 7.
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:56:44 AM

Work: Ubuntu
Home:  Arch / Win 7 / Ubuntu

CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

currently using window xp as my computer can't support higher...
DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:27:03 PM

Right now windows 7 on a Mac. Also a rather old one. Not funny, I can tell you!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

To the people experiencing issues with Windows 8, what is not working? 

You are aware Windows 8 is pretty much the exact same thing as Windows 7 but its just slightly faster than 7? 

It is just essentially a clearer, faster and better OS than Windows 7, to the people who keep saying it sucks.  I am guessing you don't like their start menu(the touch screen lookalike interface) and that is it...
DjPxH

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:28:35 PM

To the people experiencing issues with Windows 8, what is not working? 

You are aware Windows 8 is pretty much the exact same thing as Windows 7 but its just slightly faster than 7? 

It is just essentially a clearer, faster and better OS than Windows 7, to the people who keep saying it sucks.  I am guessing you don't like their start menu(the touch screen lookalike interface) and that is it...

Is it really faster than Windows 7? But it can't be as good as switching from Vista to Windows 7, which was like a large bottle of cool water after a long journey through a hot desert!

PRIMEDICE
leex1528

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:10:21 PM

Is it really faster than Windows 7? But it can't be as good as switching from Vista to Windows 7, which was like a large bottle of cool water after a long journey through a hot desert!

Yes, it really is.  Most people won't notice it but it is slightly faster.  Plus it added a lot of cool features (not anything performance wise, just some neat stuff)  Overall Windows 8 is a great addition to 7.  XP -> vista was broke....It is not the same as what is going on now.  Vista was supposed to be what 7 was.  8 Will be good for quite some time now.
DjPxH

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:15:01 PM

Yes, it really is.  Most people won't notice it but it is slightly faster.  Plus it added a lot of cool features (not anything performance wise, just some neat stuff)  Overall Windows 8 is a great addition to 7.  XP -> vista was broke....It is not the same as what is going on now.  Vista was supposed to be what 7 was.  8 Will be good for quite some time now.

When you're talking about Windows 8, are you talking about Windows 8 per se, or also include Windows 8.1? I've kind of stopped following the whole thing, but I hear that Windows 8.1 is the Windows 7 to Vista  Grin

PRIMEDICE
leex1528

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:37:34 PM

When you're talking about Windows 8, are you talking about Windows 8 per se, or also include Windows 8.1? I've kind of stopped following the whole thing, but I hear that Windows 8.1 is the Windows 7 to Vista  Grin

I think you heard wrong....From what I heard Windows 8 was not the greatest, and 8.1 and 8.1 with update are extremely great.  It wasn't that 8 was just terrible.  It was a few features were missing to make it look better, which 8.1 and 8.1 with update fixed. 

As far as the OS goes, they are probably slightly better than 7 and people just hate it because of the start menu disapearing(even though they just made the start menu a big table screen instead)
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

I think you heard wrong....From what I heard Windows 8 was not the greatest, and 8.1 and 8.1 with update are extremely great.  It wasn't that 8 was just terrible.  It was a few features were missing to make it look better, which 8.1 and 8.1 with update fixed. 

As far as the OS goes, they are probably slightly better than 7 and people just hate it because of the start menu disapearing(even though they just made the start menu a big table screen instead)

I don't think that is the only reason. But I have to admit that comparing it to windows 8 in performance and resource wise then windows 8 tops it. it has a little faster start up times and shut down times and makes use of hyper-V. it's pretty lightweight compared to Windows 7. but it does get some getting used to and that's why I think I hated it they changed a perfectly good design which everyone liked and turned it into a tablet theme.

my previous comments I was comparing Windows 8 to a Linux distribution and that's why I was saying windows 8 was poor. because any Linux system even old Linux systems will beat any windows operating system hands down.

But if we want to compare windows 8 and windows 7 then windows 8 does have a few extra features and an annoying interface which takes a long time getting used too (I couldn't get used to it at my workplace)

But I don't see any major improvements that would out rank windows 7. Windows 7 is good and with a few tweaks you could make it perform just as well or even better than windows 8. I just don't see why people would pay more money for a windows 8 operating system when it's pretty much the same as windows 7.

leex1528

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

I don't think that is the only reason. But I have to admit that comparing it to windows 8 in performance and resource wise then windows 8 tops it. it has a little faster start up times and shut down times and makes use of hyper-V. it's pretty lightweight compared to Windows 7. but it does get some getting used to and that's why I think I hated it they changed a perfectly good design which everyone liked and turned it into a tablet theme.

my previous comments I was comparing Windows 8 to a Linux distribution and that's why I was saying windows 8 was poor. because any Linux system even old Linux systems will beat any windows operating system hands down.

But if we want to compare windows 8 and windows 7 then windows 8 does have a few extra features and an annoying interface which takes a long time getting used too (I couldn't get used to it at my workplace)

But I don't see any major improvements that would out rank windows 7. Windows 7 is good and with a few tweaks you could make it perform just as well or even better than windows 8. I just don't see why people would pay more money for a windows 8 operating system when it's pretty much the same as windows 7.

Okay, I will agree with you there.  Linux will crush any PC and most Macs for that matter.  It is clearly the best OS without question.

I don't mind the interface, the start menu(screen) is a lot more customize-able than anything before it, the screen is larger and you can control how big the items are.

As far as purchasing a windows 8 versus 7, I didn't mean that.  I just am saying that if you happen to purchase a windows 8 machine or 7, it doesn't really matter, they are very close in terms of speed and reliability.  I would not purchase windows 8 if I just had a copy of 7 because it simply isn't worth it!
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

Okay, I will agree with you there.  Linux will crush any PC and most Macs for that matter.  It is clearly the best OS without question.

I don't mind the interface, the start menu(screen) is a lot more customize-able than anything before it, the screen is larger and you can control how big the items are.

As far as purchasing a windows 8 versus 7, I didn't mean that.  I just am saying that if you happen to purchase a windows 8 machine or 7, it doesn't really matter, they are very close in terms of speed and reliability.  I would not purchase windows 8 if I just had a copy of 7 because it simply isn't worth it!

We've reached an agreement then! (sorry if I sounded like a complete moron) I was trying to argue and present my point why I didn't like windows 8 at my old job because I'm used to using Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. But after reading my replies I didn't clearly state that and went on and on about the same thing without explaining my self.

RoxanaMallett

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:58:34 AM

I'm still using windows 7
so far so good

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: