Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Religion  (Read 2759 times)
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

I was having a general discussion with friends regarding the Bitcoin Jesus fella who just recently launched his Passports for Bitcoin service for the rich folks. Let's say if there was someone who claimed himself to be Bitcoin Muhammad of the Muslim world. Do you think it would make the Muslim community furious and rage and most likely try to attack the Bitcoin network? We all know how easy it is to piss off Islamic extremists. Just a thought.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:51:14 PM

Dude, you need different friends.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

I was having a general discussion with friends regarding the Bitcoin Jesus fella who just recently launched his Passports for Bitcoin service for the rich folks. Let's say if there was someone who claimed himself to be Bitcoin Muhammad of the Muslim world. Do you think it would make the Muslim community furious and rage and most likely try to attack the Bitcoin network? We all know how easy it is to piss off Islamic extremists. Just a thought.

Certainly, around 1-2 % of the 1.6 Billion Muslims worldwide may freak out and call for death threats. I don't follow where you are going with this. Do you have a question or point?

sklonenaulitka

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

Given the situation with the recent film of Innocent of Muslims, I can say that public appearance of this guy will cause a huge stir in the Islamic society. But who now cares about this, especially in the field of virtual money?=)
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:05:20 PM

Wierd,Get back to track. You go too far
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

Did the guy even claim to be the Bitcoin Jesus by himself? Wasn't it invented by other people?

And here is what's wrong with your proposition: You can't be a Christian/Muslim and a Bitcoiner, because all Bitcoiners only serve the one true god that is Satoshi. Apostasy is a serious crime that is punished by eternal exclusion from the blockchain. Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:26:25 PM

stop mixing religion with bitcoin affairs, friend. and do not look at Islam from a handful of people who do evil to bring the name of Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion, we respect other religions. and mercy for all of nature. however, for things divine we have some limits. I guess your religion was so Smiley
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:48:23 PM

stop mixing religion with bitcoin affairs, friend. and do not look at Islam from a handful of people who do evil to bring the name of Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion, we respect other religions. and mercy for all of nature. however, for things divine we have some limits. I guess your religion was so Smiley

That's not about mixing religion and bitcoins, it's about cultural resonance for this frivolous joke. And this is not a secret that such jokes can become a reason for this resonance. When stupid fans throw bananas to football players from Brazil - it is not mixing of football and apartheid or holocaust, but resonance is very high.
There are no point for thinking that Islam is agressive and rude religion, because Koran says about mercy. But representatives of modern Islam (and other religions) often behave agressive. And, to my mind, thay can behave agressive if somebody name himself "Bitcoin Muhammad". So.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

There are things I respect about Islam, their stance against the degradation and corruption that usury brings a society and I acknowledge that most muslims are ethical and hardworking people, but stop spreading the lie that Islam is a religion of Peace.

You can fool a bunch of timid politically correct liberals with that lie but anyone who has done some research into the origins and history of Islam and bothered to read the Qur'an and Hadith as I have knows that it definitely isn't a religion of peace but an intolerant one that has a history of conquest and violence and commands followers to kill many of my friends who have left its teachings.

P.s.... cherry picking passages about mercy only shows that you aren't willing to take the writings in context and leads to further questions about hypocrisy and inconsistency. I do not need to read these books in the original language either as a good translation does suffice. 

lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

Religion should really be called organized crime numero uno. From child trafficking to funding terrorism they are the cause of most of humanities problems and since the Renaissance has long past we all need to be a bit more acquainted with there crimes.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 04:01:42 PM

He should be locked up, closely examined and given meds to treat his coindition!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:12:21 PM

Religion should really be called organized crime numero uno. From child trafficking to funding terrorism they are the cause of most of humanities problems and since the Renaissance has long past we all need to be a bit more acquainted with there crimes. Read.

I think, it's too loud words about religion. Many aspects in science, philosophical, musical and cultural progress exist thanks to religion. However, crimes and terrorism too=(
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:54:29 PM

Religion should really be called organized crime numero uno. From child trafficking to funding terrorism they are the cause of most of humanities problems and since the Renaissance has long past we all need to be a bit more acquainted with there crimes. Read.

I think, it's too loud words about religion. Many aspects in science, philosophical, musical and cultural progress exist thanks to religion. However, crimes and terrorism too=(

A common lie (propaganda undoubtedly spread by the church) is that the church has brought forth advancements in life. That is contrary to the teaching's of the church. If you are well read on the matter you will know that it is a false hood.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

Some extremists might get pissed, but most of them will just ignore it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:31:55 PM

seing as this is a random thought topic.. here goes

i think religion was just the first method of getting common man to understand rules and laws.

instead of just shouting out 10 commandments (laws) they made it into a story to explain how and why its good to follow them, and have a definite penalty for not.. (the fear of the boogy man/ fear of gods wrath, fear of the devil)

and as such in bitcoins terms. its like a 2014 noob trying to write the story of satoshi, explaining the benefits of bitcoin over fiat and the conspiracy theories of government being the penalty of not following bitcoin..

in both cases, i dont believe people that were not there at the time which their stories are meant to be based on. i just follow my own ethics and morals.

bitcoin does not need religion, bitcoin just need bitcoin and people just need to use their own judgements and to just be smart and look at things deeply, not just blindly trust a story someone tells you.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:17:00 PM

Which religion(s) claim we will need a chip(miners) to buy and sell in the future?

LoL

May SERVER protect us all!

EOL

8 )
sklonenaulitka

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:30:27 PM

A common lie (propaganda undoubtedly spread by the church) is that the church has brought forth advancements in life. That is contrary to the teaching's of the church. If you are well read on the matter you will know that it is a false hood.

You want to say, that all arts have not been provided by religion? Ok, but all modern music and harmony grows up from church music. All classical music grows up from the church, because piano and organ grow up from the church.
Philosophy grow up from religious philosophers, it mean that a big part of science and culture grows up from religion.
It is not result of propaganda, it's just a fact. Historical fact. And a lot of crimes and terrors grows up from religion. And it's just a fact.
Significance of religion in science and culture is not same thing as God's existence. We know exact facts about 1-th and can't say anything about 2-nd. Don't argue with history=)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:31:37 PM

Which religion(s) claim we will need a chip(miners) to buy and sell in the future?

LoL

May SERVER protect us all!

EOL

bitcoin jesus was handed 1 fishcoin and 1 breadcoin. and from the POS protocol he was able to feed a whole community with 40 bread coins and 40 fish coin.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:41:34 PM

Cheesy
lol
What are your friend using? Are you smocking meth or something? How Islamic extremists can attack the Bitcoin network? I dont get it:D
And Jesus involved in all the situation Cheesy Make me laugh
Are you really kidding, are you sarcastic or something?
BR
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

You want to say, that all arts have not been provided by religion? Ok, but all modern music and harmony grows up from church music. All classical music grows up from the church, because piano and organ grow up from the church.
Philosophy grow up from religious philosophers, it mean that a big part of science and culture grows up from religion.
It is not result of propaganda, it's just a fact. Historical fact. And a lot of crimes and terrors grows up from religion. And it's just a fact.
Significance of religion in science and culture is not same thing as God's existence. We know exact facts about 1-th and can't say anything about 2-nd. Don't argue with history=)

Religion can be a great guide for people but the legalistic side of it is quite dangerous. I tend to look at it as a guiding philosophy rather than a set of absolutes. These absolutes have caused a lot of human misery over the centuries.

I agree that religion has brought us some advancements as well. The printing press was a huge one. It also tried to muzzle some great minds as well. I think it is like anything else, in the hands of the wrong people it can be used as a weapon. In the hands of the right people it can be a great thing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: