Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:25:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any safe haven in altcoins?  (Read 2387 times)
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:36:11 PM

Who is to say BTC and LTC will survive?

Once crypto goes mainstream they wont put up with Bitcoins flaws.

The new developments in crypto where you can have a decentralized exchange will have long term power like NXT and Qora. It wont just be about coins but about digital property.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:38:49 PM

Litecoin - the only alt coin with enough volume and liquidity to be considered by big merchants and Coinbase.

From https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/graphicalComparison

Yes, litecoin price is depressed but now very attractive to speculators who want to diversify. Nothing wrong with having litecoin in your portfolio; at current ltc/btc price upside potential for litecoin is considerable. Perhaps 80/20 bitcoin/litecoin mix for investors. However IMO ltc/btc has not bottomed out yet, see this chart:

If ltc/btc price goes below .010 on heavy volume could offer very good risk/reward for buying.

+1

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:45:04 PM

I think Bitcoin is the safest haven of course because it has the network effect on its side and it's way older than most altcoins so it proved that it's secure. But what Bitcoin could make unsafe in the future (like in a few years) is the ignorance regarding asics. Mining power will be more and more centralized and there will be a successful double spend attack eventually. But for now it's the safest coin I think.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:55:03 PM

Ya I stopped the altcoin game. Don't see the point in any of them. The only ones that may have some potential are 2.0 style coins.

I completely agree with this point.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:03:52 PM

Now that we have a correction in BTC - are the other alt coins also falling - or are there some going up?

It looks like LTC yesterday got a really bad melt-down - do you guys think this was a bottom?

with out a doubt if you cost price average into a non scam currency when its down in price , this is a perfect reserve mechanism.

obviously Quark is that, there are actually are few others. 

you are suffering from "Universals Proof of Scam Syndrome ." or "UPOSS"

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
amirmass

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:05:16 PM

Vericoin

██
         ▐██▌
         █▌▐█
        ▐█  █▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀    █▌    ▐█  ▄█▀▀
      ▐█      █▌█▀
      █▌   ▄▄ ▐█
     ▐█  ▄██▀  █▌
     ██▄██▀    ▐█
    ▐███▀       █▌
Z-POP DREAM

▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
  ▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
   ▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
    ▒▒▒ ████▌
     ▒  ▐████
     █▌  ████▌
     ▐█  ▐███████▄
      █▌  ████████▌
      ▐█  ▐████████
       █▌  ████████▌
       ▐█  ▐████████
        █▌  ████████▌
GROW TALENT ★★★★
★★★★ CREATE STAR

▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█    ▒▒
  ▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌  ▒▒▒
   ▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█ ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒ ▀███████▌   ▒▒▒▒▒
     ▒      ▐████  ▒▒▒▒▒▒
     █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
     ▐█      ▐████▒▒▒▒▒▒
      █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒
 ▄▄   ▐█      ▐████ ▒▒
████   █▌      ████▌
 ▀▀    ▐█      ▐████
        █▌      ████▌
Website
White paper
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:06:32 PM

Litecoin - the only alt coin with enough volume and liquidity to be considered by big merchants and Coinbase.

From https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/graphicalComparison

Yes, litecoin price is depressed but now very attractive to speculators who want to diversify. Nothing wrong with having litecoin in your portfolio; at current ltc/btc price upside potential for litecoin is considerable. Perhaps 80/20 bitcoin/litecoin mix for investors. However IMO ltc/btc has not bottomed out yet, see this chart:

If ltc/btc price goes below .010 on heavy volume could offer very good risk/reward for buying.

hard sell - its not a market , big whales are selling out on ASIC fear was the best last guess..

Summary :

LTC is "too distributed" into the market.  to be properly price manipulated up .

ha ha its a problem of the free market starting to take over, beautiful thing isn't it?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:45:41 PM

Now that we have a correction in BTC - are the other alt coins also falling - or are there some going up?

It looks like LTC yesterday got a really bad melt-down - do you guys think this was a bottom?

They will always be a big gamble. Best to spread out your investment.

I thought Vertcoin would do decently but it has been going only one way Grin
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:47:16 PM

Well, the most stable coin out there is currently bitcoin, im only seeing the rest of alts falling, specially LTC and the overpriced dark.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

Altcoins are dying a slow death.  They serve no purpose.  Mainstream adoption is all that matters and were having a tough enough time getting average joes to wrap there head around bitcoin. 

I don't agree, altcoin has done what Bitcoin hasn't achieved yet.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:39:50 PM

Altcoins are dying a slow death.  They serve no purpose.  Mainstream adoption is all that matters and were having a tough enough time getting average joes to wrap there head around bitcoin. 

I don't agree, altcoin has done what Bitcoin hasn't achieved yet.

this -

also here is the explanation - http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/why-has-litecoin-decoupled-from-bitcoin-and-is-on-a-price-decline-and-why-is-this-important-for-quark-and-other-free-market-crypto-currencies/

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:13:18 AM

In the last six months on BTC-E(January 5th to July 4th)

LTC ... down 69%
PPC ... down 79%
NMC ... down 74%
XPM ... down 91%
TRC ... down 91%
FTC ... down 87%
NVC ... down 90%

lots of room for profit. I like flipping coins on the low. 91% down? Wouldn't surprise me to see it 900% up in 8 months... orderbooks are extremely thin since months. What you see are dumping-prices Wink
One huge dumpfest since months. They can only dump so much longer. When they start buying they'll realize there is no sellresistance. I think this is going to play out very similar to Nov 2013
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:36:47 AM

The safest heaven is NXT. Nobody knows if it will be as big as BTC one day, but it will have its place in Crypto for sure.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:38:42 AM

Ya I stopped the altcoin game. Don't see the point in any of them. The only ones that may have some potential are 2.0 style coins.

heh...I have a KNC Titan coming hopefully in August 2014....probably not my wisest move...better odds then the Neptune I upgraged from
they are having problems just getting that to power up with power supply...er got it when KNC was golden ..then 2 weeks later they
went BFL route...it was like a Nun becoming a stripper cause it pays more....blindsighted.....and you guessed it NO REFUNDS sigh

crap

live and learn

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

I feel pretty good with my NMC/HUC investments as far as alts.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:20:18 PM

1. Make a coin

2. Make an exchange

3. Make a forum on that exchange

Safety, and even ability to move the market, pretty much guaranteed.

The reason to make a new one is because there is meant to be an ecosystem.

Coins are not there for new people to find and mine, coins are there to trade for one another and support bitcoin.

NEW coins made (by you) are for you and your friends to mine, or for your school to mine, or for your team to mine, or for your WoW clan to mine, or whatever.
Then those coins are to be traded for other coins and used to support Bitcoin.

leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:15:09 PM

In the last six months on BTC-E(January 5th to July 4th)

LTC ... down 69%
PPC ... down 79%
NMC ... down 74%
XPM ... down 91%
TRC ... down 91%
FTC ... down 87%
NVC ... down 90%

lots of room for profit. I like flipping coins on the low. 91% down? Wouldn't surprise me to see it 900% up in 8 months... orderbooks are extremely thin since months. What you see are dumping-prices Wink
One huge dumpfest since months. They can only dump so much longer. When they start buying they'll realize there is no sellresistance. I think this is going to play out very similar to Nov 2013

Let us know in 6 months or so how flipping coin work out.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: