Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:29:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGECOIN - INCREASE IN VALUE  (Read 6069 times)
Quantumtangles (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:09:48 PM

If Bitcoin is destined for high finance (and litecoin destined for major purchases like cars, fridges and computers), odds are that one or more of the other crytocurrencies will prevail for routine expenditure (groceries, coffee, fuel).

I predict Dogecoin has the potential to become much more than the leading tipping currency. I do not know this as a matter of fact of course, but I reasonably believe it entirely possible that Dogecoin is a major contender within the next 3-5 years for the following reasons:

1. Highly developed community
2. Huge investment potential (you can buy half a million doge for about $150 dollars at the moment)
3. Superb architecture
4. Straightforward wallet security in terms of encryption and wallet locking
5. Massive reputation as a major cryptocurrency

Of course there are other contenders. And of course, there are people with vested interests in other currencies who may react angrily (I admit I hold interests in Dogecoin which may well have affected my objectivity).

But this is my very feeling. Much responses. Roll Eyes

Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:11:56 PM

all the alts will die eventually, bitcoin is better than all of them.
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:14:28 PM

Nope.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:15:47 PM

It's possible, but I don't have a lot of confidence in it right this second. Really it needs more investors and a lot of retailers willing to accept it in their ecommerce sites and hold on to it for a while (and we all know retailers are all about the cash flow).

Edit: I just checked on Mintpal. Looks like there's been some upward movement with Dogecoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:20:32 PM

My Siberian will eat your shiba inu as a snack.

Credde

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:24:14 PM

Certainly Doge has gone up but only for a small bit, there are a long way to get back to the good "old" daays where Doge was worth a lot more. It might come again, who knows - we can hope  Smiley
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

I know doge meme is fun and cute, but will be hard for the commerce people take this seriously:

Can you imagine a think like this in the dollar cedules, or in the Visa baner? Doge was meant to be a joke, he already gone way far away than anyone could expect, and I think it will be really hard advance even more.

For me the only true inovation can make one coin survive, since the comunity alone  sooner or later will get tired and move along

Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

My Siberian will eat your shiba inu as a snack.

Entirely possible.

Back on topic, I do not know the facts. Nor do I have an adequate grasp (of the facts) to claim special insight or knowledge.

On the contrary, I like doges because they are relatively inexpensive at the moment and could go ballastic in a year or so. As good a chance as any other crypto (based on my current knowledge or lack thereof).

If I could afford bitcoin or litecoin, sure I would get me some. Looking at Ripples at the moment as a further alternative.

Thanks for the responses  Kiss
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:44:43 PM

dogecoin is a poorly coded joke that's coming to a end.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:51:00 PM

My thinking is that there will be a lot of viable and useful alt-coins, but I worry a little about them getting big too soon and taking attention/credibility from bitcoin.

What I mean is that Bitcoin is what the mainstream hears about and I think it's best if we keep it that way for a while just for the psychology of it.

One of the main arguments I get when talking to others about bitcoin is that they think there will be some other competitor that will take its place. At this point that's an almost laughable idea. I don't mean that I think bitcoin will forever be the currency of choice, but I do think it will be around for a long long time as a foundational part of cryptocurrency. It may even become like gold in that hardly anyone transacts in it, but it still backs many transactions.

I think all of us want cryptocurrencies to flourish, and I think the best way for that to happen is to back the big one first. After people get used to the idea of truly digital money, then introduce them to alternatives.

BTW I'm a Doge fan and hope it succeeds.
Quantumtangles (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:52:34 PM

I know doge meme is fun and cute, but will be hard for the commerce people take this seriously:

Can you imagine a think like this in the dollar cedules, or in the Visa baner? Doge was meant to be a joke, he already gone way far away than anyone could expect, and I think it will be really hard advance even more.

For me the only true inovation can make one coin survive, since the comunity alone  sooner or later will get tired and move along

Cryptocurrencies of whatever flavour are the very antithesis of what the "commerce people" as you call them, approve or understand. It is an out of context situation for them, but like it or not, this is the next stage in the evolution of money. It does not really matter what flavour of cryptocurrency gains the greatest popularity. The point is that it has happened and this genie is not going back into the bottle. The inventors of bitcoin were on any view exceptionally brilliant (solving the trust problem with blockchain mathematics). This marks the end of banking as we have come to understand it. The fact dogecoin began as a joke is a perfect and most welcome antithesis to the joke that serious (commerce people) banking became.

Since the gold standard disappeared, money became an abstraction...an idea. You could run out of gold or copper or coal, but you could not ever run out of money if all that had to happen was for central banks to press a button and create a new tranche of it through 'quantitative easing'.

Crytocurrencies are the cure. The 'commerce people' (those who find it inconceivable dogecoin might prosper) are the problem cryptocurrencies were intended to overcome. That was the intention and it has been the effect.

There will only ever be one bitcoin but there is still a need for other less august currencies that can be used by ordinary people. TO THE MOON!
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:55:26 PM

Considering its features, not better than Nxt.
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

You're talking out your ass and you know it. There are several alts that are better than bitcoin in many ways. Bitcoin is just the first and has the best development team (I.E. everybody that counts in crypto)

nope
ChuckOne

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:41:57 PM

You're talking out your ass and you know it. There are several alts that are better than bitcoin in many ways. Bitcoin is just the first and has the best development team (I.E. everybody that counts in crypto)

Best? Well, there are many talented developers out there. They do not deserve to be called second-best.
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

If Bitcoin is destined for high finance (and litecoin destined for major purchases like cars, fridges and computers), odds are that one or more of the other crytocurrencies will prevail for routine expenditure (groceries, coffee, fuel).

That's an interesting thought, bitcoin is to rare to be used as a global currency, litecoin has more coins so it's easier to pay like 20 LTC for a TV instead of 0.4232103 BTC that's just awkward. BTC might indeed become something like gold.

But we were talking about doge right? I might buy some doge.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:47:26 PM

These doges halvings are killing doge...now it such low value and reward mining is unprofitable, and network will get weaker, and easier to suffer attacks and stuff.

But the meme is fun
robolove

Activity: 129
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

Every time a new Dodgecoin block is found, God kills a kitten.
Robert Paulson

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:52:41 AM

there are no alts today that are significantly better than bitcoin.
bitcoin's adoption is higher than all the alts combined, there is no reason today to use anything but bitcoin.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:31:33 AM

bitcoin's adoption is higher than all the alts combined, there is no reason today to use anything but bitcoin.

Actually NXT is better in every way imaginable. Fact
Robert Paulson

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:08:21 PM

Actually NXT is better in every way imaginable. Fact

what benefits does NXT offer over bitcoin?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: