Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Create a Coin the Noob Way  (Read 1316 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:32:56 PM

Making a coin can be daunting, so here is the easy way.

This website let's you make a free coin, and has an upgraded paid version.
http://coincreator.net/

This one is only paid, but it's cheaper than the other sites paid version.
http://www.coingen.io/

Anyone can make a coin, it's as simple as typing in a few values, then creating a thread to share your coin with everyone.

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

the less we want is a new flooding of shit coins, but anyway as fast as someone sees the folder "coingen" in your coin githhub build they will trash it.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:53:23 PM

the less we want is a new flooding of shit coins, but anyway as fast as someone sees the folder "coingen" in your coin githhub build they will trash it.

The reason to make a new one is because there is meant to be an ecosystem.

Coins are not there for new people to find and mine, coins are there to trade for one another and support bitcoin.

NEW coins made (by you) are for you and your friends to mine, or for your school to mine, or for your team to mine, or for your WoW clan to mine, or whatever.
Then those coins are to be traded for other coins and used to support Bitcoin.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:54:03 PM

The Future of Funding & Promotions: Micro-Currency (company/charity/group based alt coins)

Intro:Anyone that is new to the altcoin world, I just want to let you know that there are literally HUNDREDS of altcoins and they are all essentially just copies of Bitcoin. Not many are like this, with new structures that allow for growth outside of mining (which is a techy term for producing coins) and trade. Creating an economy outside of mining, sales and forex is unheard of outside of these new coins. Your company could be one of the first companies to make one of its own.

Altcoins will allow charities and organizations to OWN a currency that they control. You will not answer to us, it will be yours. All you need to make one is people from this website, or one of your friends that understands C++ coding needs to read this thread, then do a little more research on this website, then they can make one for you.

And to anyone new to the Bitcoin world, Bitcoins are worth $200 each (for now) and you can trade Altcoins for Bitcoins

So, everyone is hearing or has heard about Bitcoins. The Silk Road is down, Bitpay is up and ATMs are actually being placed in the streets (at least one in Canada).

Pretty soon the only question left about Bitcoin will be "How do I get them?" and sure, the answer "You mine them or buy them" works for most people right now...

But what about when Bitcoin is being considered by people in poverty as a means to pull themselves up by their boot straps? What about when it is being talked about in every highschool in the country, and kids too young to work and not computer literate enough to mine want to get them?

The answer will be "Alt-coins". Altcoins are not the competition of Bitcoin, Altcoins are the future of Bitcoin. In the future altcoins will each have a "niche", so as to attract new people to Bitcoin, as well as support lifestyles of people who can not mine or buy the coins.

Devcoin and Tagcoin look promising. As Writing and Rewards are both great incentives, but what about the other coins? What value are they to someone who does not have the ability to mine?

Schools could use coins as booster promotions, by asking students to use their home computers to mine for coins that can be spent at the school. And the school can have a program where 25% of the coins are generated to a wallet for them. Then they make an altcoin thread and advertise it in the morning announcements. School funding problem SOLVED.

Or imagine if a mom and pop sandwich shop did the same. And offered sandwhiches for coins? They could not only boost local bitcoin interest, they would make money on a coin that they produced.

In addition to my suggestion of school based and community coins for groups or businesses...

Imagine if instead of other forums hating on coins (It's basically taboo on most forex forums, and other forums to mention coins and tell people to buy them) , it became a trend on the internet for forum owners to come here and find coin creators, then get coins created for their forum.

What if we had a trend of FORUM based coins. Kinda like how this forum is based on bitcoin, so it exploded. If a forum with millions of daily hits (say...GaiaOnline, since it is a major forum that already uses coins, and has a largely non-bitcoin crowd as of now) started a 50% mine-able, limited production coin (instead of the coin they have now which you earn for doing things on the site, but can not be taken off the site, and is like WoW gold instead of bitcoins). That coin would probably be the most popular altcoin OVER NIGHT.

We just need to realize that altcoins are never going to over take bitcoin, all they can hope to do is support it.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:01:44 PM

Anyone can make a coin, it's as simple as typing in a few values, then creating a thread to share your coin with everyone.

Ok ...these will be used to create the coin for a noob. But who will create a pool or a web wallet when the coin will start to grow ?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:03:02 PM

Ok ...these will be used to create the coin for a noob. But who will create a pool or a web wallet when the coin will start to grow ?

Their friends or the people that find their coin.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

Any new coins?

HashFarmer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:31:46 AM

Here comes another wave of new coins.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:01:04 AM

The crazy thing is, money will probably flood to it for a while. Seems stupidity brings out a lot of the PnD crowd to play them.

Because even stupider people see others making money and want to gamble with new coins to get rich quick.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:02:46 AM

Hey. Don't look at me -- even though I'll admit creating a new coin is tempting, I'm not out to create the next Darkcoin. If/when I create a coin, I'm going to take the time to do it the right way.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:39:32 AM

Coins are here for bring innovation, and there is no innovation in changing some parameters and make an altcoin just for changing values - or even worse, by inputing some values in a site and pooping a new coin.

Most altcoins are dead or dying because people started to realize that, even Litecoin is dying, why do you think that your newly created copy-coin will survive? The profit time for pump and dump copy-scam coin creators is over.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

Coins are here for bring innovation, and there is no innovation in changing some parameters and make an altcoin just for changing values - or even worse, by inputing some values in a site and pooping a new coin.

Most altcoins are dead or dying because people started to realize that, even Litecoin is dying, why do you think that your newly created copy-coin will survive? The profit time for pump and dump copy-scam coin creators is over.

You are pretending there is no group of 2-10 friends out there that wants a coin just for them that might get big one day.

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:28:45 AM

Or simply click below on those amazing colors:

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Qsquegg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

You are pretending there is no group of 2-10 friends out there that wants a coin just for them that might get big one day.

You don't think the coingen tag will prevent it from getting big anyway? It's like websites with "weebly" in the url lol.. just has such a stigma, whether warranted or not can't change anything sadly, in my opinion..
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:35:37 AM

These types of coins are not we need. People who have coins created there are only in it for a quick buck. If a dev is not able to create their own coin, then how will they assist the coin when there are wallet issues, or blockexplorer issues. Any coingen coin has no place in this thread.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: