Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLACK DOGECOIN][XBD] PoS! | 2 Exchanges | No IPO | WoW!  (Read 48549 times)
czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:41:11 PM

Yeah I think they were stealing coins or screwing with distribution, I had found 32 blocks 3 mill worth of coins but had only received 1.2 mill through distribution. Things didn't add up.
When you find a block you share it with other miners who are also mining, so it could happen that you find more blocks than what you are rewarded for. If you don't like that this can happen, then maybe pool mining is not the best option for you and you should consider solomining.

I'm aware of how it works. I've just never had such a huge disparity between blocks found and actual earned rewards. The total earned rewards are less than half of actual produced results. It still remains fishy to me. Typically if something walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck; it is a duck.
I agree, although possible, it is not really likely to have such an outcome. I am looking into it now.
I'm on the same situation, found 9 blocks on the pool (for a total of 892,857 BDC), and got paid around 180,000 BDC.
It's strange that such a huge differential is happening, maybe there are some found blocks that weren't paid (happened on other pool I was mining)
I am now looking at the average statistics - there are some miners who were paid on average more than 200k coins per found block and some were paid less than 50k coins per found block (you were one of the least (most) lucky miners as you were paid on average 20k per found block). Whether you will be in the group of most/least lucky miners is a matter of luck and that is why pool mining is smoothing these differences.

Wait a minute, how can anyone earn more than double the block reward per block on average?  At most they should be able to earn the entire block reward on average, not an average of two times the total block reward.  Is this per found block per user or total across the pool?
Suppose we have two miners A and B with the exactly same hashrate. Both are submitting shares and trying to solve for the block and suppose that during 24 hours both have submitted 100 shares. However miner A was lucky and he found 50 blocks whereas miner B wasn't lucky and he only found 10 blocks. The pool has a total of 60 blocks found by miners A and B and because both were submitting equal number of shares both are rewarded by the same number of coins, i.e. A and B each will receive the equivalent of 30 blocks in coins minus the pool fees. As a result miner A has found 50 blocks but has only received 30 blocks worth of coins whereas B has found 10 blocks and has received also 30 blocks worth of coins. Therefore, average coins received per found block for miner A is 30/50 = 60% of the block reward, whereas for miner B is 30/10 = 300% of the block reward.
czvezda

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

Thanks for looking into it.

Are you sure that all found blocks were paid?
I mean (pseudo-code), does #FoundBlocks * Reward = Sum(PaidToUser) for all users?
Yes, that is fine.
d4wn0ff473

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:48:01 PM

Yeah I think they were stealing coins or screwing with distribution, I had found 32 blocks 3 mill worth of coins but had only received 1.2 mill through distribution. Things didn't add up.
When you find a block you share it with other miners who are also mining, so it could happen that you find more blocks than what you are rewarded for. If you don't like that this can happen, then maybe pool mining is not the best option for you and you should consider solomining.

I'm aware of how it works. I've just never had such a huge disparity between blocks found and actual earned rewards. The total earned rewards are less than half of actual produced results. It still remains fishy to me. Typically if something walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck; it is a duck.
I agree, although possible, it is not really likely to have such an outcome. I am looking into it now.
I'm on the same situation, found 9 blocks on the pool (for a total of 892,857 BDC), and got paid around 180,000 BDC.
It's strange that such a huge differential is happening, maybe there are some found blocks that weren't paid (happened on other pool I was mining)
I am now looking at the average statistics - there are some miners who were paid on average more than 200k coins per found block and some were paid less than 50k coins per found block (you were one of the least (most) lucky miners as you were paid on average 20k per found block). Whether you will be in the group of most/least lucky miners is a matter of luck and that is why pool mining is smoothing these differences.

Wait a minute, how can anyone earn more than double the block reward per block on average?  At most they should be able to earn the entire block reward on average, not an average of two times the total block reward.  Is this per found block per user or total across the pool?
Suppose we have two miners A and B with the exactly same hashrate. Both are submitting shares and trying to solve for the block and suppose that during 24 hours both have submitted 100 shares. However miner A was lucky and he found 50 blocks where miner B wasn't lucky and he only found 10 blocks. The pool has a total of 60 blocks found by miners A and B and because both were submitting equal number of shares both are rewarded by the same number of coins, i.e. A and B each will receive the equivalent of 30 blocks in coins minus the pool fees. As a result miner A has found 50 blocks but has only received 30 blocks worth of coins whereas B has found 10 blocks and has received also 30 blocks worth of coins. Therefore, average coins received per found block for miner A is 30/50 = 60% of the block reward, whereas for miner B is 30/10 = 300% of the block reward.

The math lesson wasn't necessary, you could have just said you were using the per block per user average as opposed to the whole pool average. Since realistically it is mathematically impossible to earn a higher average than the block reward unless you are only calculating the average against the blocks that only the user found  as opposed to the average calculated against all blocks found.
Piotrsama

Activity: 407

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:51:06 PM

Thanks for looking into it.

Are you sure that all found blocks were paid?
I mean (pseudo-code), does #FoundBlocks * Reward = Sum(PaidToUser) for all users?
Yes, that is fine.
Ok, thanks.

Wait a minute, how can anyone earn more than double the block reward per block on average?  At most they should be able to earn the entire block reward on average, not an average of two times the total block reward.  Is this per found block per user or total across the pool?
That could happen if a miner is very unlucky on the pool and barely finds blocks, but his shares will get paid nonetheless.
In a way, we are the ones paying his shares.
Being lucky on a pool <> being lucky mining solo.
enjoi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

I'm impressed. i didn't think this would get that far.

czvezda

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

Suppose we have two miners A and B with the exactly same hashrate. Both are submitting shares and trying to solve for the block and suppose that during 24 hours both have submitted 100 shares. However miner A was lucky and he found 50 blocks where miner B wasn't lucky and he only found 10 blocks. The pool has a total of 60 blocks found by miners A and B and because both were submitting equal number of shares both are rewarded by the same number of coins, i.e. A and B each will receive the equivalent of 30 blocks in coins minus the pool fees. As a result miner A has found 50 blocks but has only received 30 blocks worth of coins whereas B has found 10 blocks and has received also 30 blocks worth of coins. Therefore, average coins received per found block for miner A is 30/50 = 60% of the block reward, whereas for miner B is 30/10 = 300% of the block reward.

The math lesson wasn't necessary, you could have just said you were using the per block per user average as opposed to the whole pool average. Since realistically it is mathematically impossible to earn a higher average than the block reward unless you are only calculating the average against the blocks that only the user found  as opposed to the average calculated against all blocks found.
I was using per block per user average as this is what you were saying at the very beginning that  your miner found N blocks and was rewarded only for 30% of N.
I didn't have any intentions to teach anyone anything, I was just trying to be clear.
jarvis

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:18:47 PM

We need a better exchange then the one listed.
Grudas

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:31:46 PM

Need c-cex or bittrex.
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:37:17 PM

Need c-cex or bittrex.

Bittrex should list this at the end of POW.
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:19:52 AM

Why is the hashrate skyrocketing?

Any exchanges?

BDCL0V3R

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:34:18 AM

https://bitex.cc/exchange/BDC/BTC

http://www.efoto.lt/files/images/6062/1240408525_foto_544.preview.jpg
TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:43:47 AM

https://i.imgur.com/LOJw8Rw.jpg
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:54:50 AM

hmm just found this cute coin but network is dead HuhHuh??
criss_sl

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:21:32 AM

exchange on Bittrex is planned?
SMith777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:01:22 AM

Need c-cex or bittrex.

Bittrex should list this at the end of POW.

Is there a possibility Bittrex to know about these plans  Wink

RocketBunny

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:12:09 AM

Trade information
Spread: 75.00000000 %
Last 24h:
Max buy: 0.08750000 DOGE
Min sell: 0.02000000 DOGE
Volume: 836251.17641083 BDC

https://bitex.cc/exchange/BDC/DOGE
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:12:19 AM

Any exchanges?

imagines if this hit 200s like the old doge, would be hilarious
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:23:30 AM

Any exchanges?

imagines if this hit 200s like the old doge, would be hilarious

Having a community similar to dogecoin + having whale like wolong is highly unlikely on this coin.
BDCL0V3R

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:56:02 AM

The best alternative to the regular Doge i think!  Cool

https://i.imgur.com/oI6cRjx.jpg?1
TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:14:48 AM