Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:31:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats up with LTC?  (Read 5457 times)
Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:58:05 AM

lol darkota trades on mintpal.

What is wrong with mintpal? Smiley I like that exchange a lot!
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

Why did the Coblee decide to keep the vanilla scrypt algo and let Litecoin go to the ASICs anyway? I read his post with his supposed explanation, but the logic was so weak that it almost seems like he would have more to gain by letting this happen. The justification was just odd and went against the one of the primary, if not the primary goal of Litecoin.

Coblee could care less. He has already made his money off Litecoin.
Litecoin was interesting at some point, but now its just another coin with hardly any redeeming features. As an investor why would you even bother with it when you can easily get Bitcoin.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:54:14 PM

And see this is what I'm talking about when I post about the insanity of the Litecoin community letting their coin just die like this while you have legends like this reaching out with good ideas. But nothing ever seems to happen in Litecoin but complacency and arrogance. Blows my mind to see 300 mil market cap coin go to waste like this. Litecoin with it's market cap had such a huge advantage over other alts which it could have used to cement itself as the alternative to bitcoin if there was enough will in the community to push some boundaries and innovate.

The only positive thing I'm getting from this is some faith restored in free markets. The market is adapting and responding to Litecoins lack of initiative. And in the future other coins will learn not to get complacent, as Litecoin will live to be a cautionary tale.

There is little they can do unless they can get some great technical innovation. Maybe a second generation coin with features and airdrop it with 1:1 on Litecoin may work. But then why would all those making that effort put it on Litecoin will not just create a new one where they will get a bigger stake.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:14:15 AM

Why did the Coblee decide to keep the vanilla scrypt algo and let Litecoin go to the ASICs anyway? I read his post with his supposed explanation, but the logic was so weak that it almost seems like he would have more to gain by letting this happen. The justification was just odd and went against the one of the primary, if not the primary goal of Litecoin.

Litecoin was interesting at some point, but now its just another coin with hardly any redeeming features. As an investor why would you even bother with it when you can easily get Bitcoin.

You would bother with it because the model of LTC and BTC has followed a path of one going on a downtrend and the other an uptrend. Theen it reverses. You make money, or BTC or LTC, when you play the two positions. This is how you turn a handful of BTC into 50 BTC, or a handful of LTC into 1000 LTC.

Look at the charts.

Disclaimer: Yes, we may be in a new paradigm, but so far there is no evidence to suggest that. LTC is not behaving typically.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:18:05 AM

Darkcoin will take Litecoin's spot as #2.

Litecoin devs arent going to implement anything. Stop hoping.

This is such a stupid position to hold, and will lose you money.

You could always try a DRK-only exchange.... call it "Butterdark" lol

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:38:42 AM

Litecoin is Feathercoin on steroids.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:44:23 AM

And see this is what I'm talking about when I post about the insanity of the Litecoin community letting their coin just die like this while you have legends like this reaching out with good ideas. But nothing ever seems to happen in Litecoin but complacency and arrogance. Blows my mind to see 300 mil market cap coin go to waste like this. Litecoin with it's market cap had such a huge advantage over other alts which it could have used to cement itself as the alternative to bitcoin if there was enough will in the community to push some boundaries and innovate.

The only positive thing I'm getting from this is some faith restored in free markets. The market is adapting and responding to Litecoins lack of initiative. And in the future other coins will learn not to get complacent, as Litecoin will live to be a cautionary tale.

There is little they can do unless they can get some great technical innovation. Maybe a second generation coin with features and airdrop it with 1:1 on Litecoin may work. But then why would all those making that effort put it on Litecoin will not just create a new one where they will get a bigger stake.
+100

It seem's as though the litecoin dev team is in complete cruise-control mode.  Nothing going on in litecoin forums insofar as real innovation is concerned.  Even community support is seriously falling off at this point.  There almost seems to be a sense of "we are the silver to bitcoin's gold" mentality going on in the litecoin camp because they still hold #2 position with regards to market cap.  I have a predicition:

Barring some serious innovation and new life getting breathed into the litecoin community by this time next year, litecoin will no longer hold the #2 position.

;puts away tin-foil hat Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:10:31 PM

Barring some serious innovation and new life getting breathed into the litecoin community by this time next year, litecoin will no longer hold the #2 position.

I would be shocked if that were not the case.

Assuming of course Litecoin continues on the path it's on now of doing nothing.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:34:20 PM

Anyone who believes Litecoin will hold it's #2 position is deluded.

In real life, silver has properties that make it valuable, and which gold does not have.

Litecoin has Nothing that makes it valuable over Bitcoin, every feature litecoin has, Bitcoin has, so there is no point in Litecoin even existing anymore. It's just taking up unwanted space held by it's bagholders, they're only going to realize their bagholders once the price dives below $5 and never goes back up.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

I love this misconception that "doing something" = being successful or relevant.

Litecoin is still usable and secure and has a very large market cap and market depth.

Almost 3 years running strong.

I'll say that Litecoin is still secure and usable as a payment network. There is the arbitrage point of view as well but that applies to everything.

Money always tends to go where the volume is. Litecoin has lots of volume and lots of market depth. Most of the other alt coins don't have much of market depth at all.

But hey sell your litecoin or dont buy them as I will and will be waving to you from the moon.  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:55:54 PM

Darkcoin will take Litecoin's spot as #2.

Litecoin devs arent going to implement anything. Stop hoping.

This is such a stupid position to hold, and will lose you money.

You could always try a DRK-only exchange.... call it "Butterdark" lol

Has DarkSend ever been open-sourced?

This was one of the main reasons I completely ignored DRK.

The other part was because if it is using completely anonymous transactions then you will never see DRK go main stream and accepted by big businesses as they would not want to touch it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:58:12 PM

I'd like to welcome you to join us on the Litecointalk.org forums to debunk your thoughts on Coblee. He is still active in the community. If what you said was true he would be long gone.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

harposox

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:25:06 AM

You would bother with it because the model of LTC and BTC has followed a path of one going on a downtrend and the other an uptrend. Theen it reverses. You make money, or BTC or LTC, when you play the two positions. This is how you turn a handful of BTC into 50 BTC, or a handful of LTC into 1000 LTC.

Look at the charts.

Disclaimer: Yes, we may be in a new paradigm, but so far there is no evidence to suggest that. LTC is not behaving typically.

Shhhhh.... don't tap the aquarium. Smiley
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:57:50 AM

I love this misconception that "doing something" = being successful or relevant.

Litecoin is still usable and secure and has a very large market cap and market depth.

Almost 3 years running strong.

I'll say that Litecoin is still secure and usable as a payment network. There is the arbitrage point of view as well but that applies to everything.

Money always tends to go where the volume is. Litecoin has lots of volume and lots of market depth. Most of the other alt coins don't have much of market depth at all.

But hey sell your litecoin or dont buy them as I will and will be waving to you from the moon.  Grin Grin Grin

But if other coins start to gain volume as well Litecoin will lose that competitive advantage.

It might not happen today but it appears to me that it is inevitable.

It might take a while. Who knows. Or it might not happen at all if the community decides a more active agenda for the coin is a better strategy.

The same thing could happen with Bitcoin. But if it does it would be on a much longer time scale, maybe 10-20++ years maybe. For the foreseeable future the amount of 3rd party innovation and infrastructure is more than enough to keep it strong on top of the obvious liquidity and market cap.
altcoiner15

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:48:35 AM

Either price is crashing or people are not supporting it
Litecoin past has similar problems but it has always come back still largest by far
207 million to NXT at 57 million but changes happen.
I wish there was a bet I can make that NXT will blow away LTC
El Dude

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:52:30 AM

Litecoin past has similar problems but it has always come back still largest by far

100% premined distributed to 70 people will not overtake litecoin lol

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
beckham

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:43:55 AM

No further development for litecoin
El Dude

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:00:30 AM

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin

stop the trollin

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
theone1e

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:47:24 AM

ASICs killing litecoin, plus news algos appeared.

Only hope for litecoin is the dev team and more acceptance for the coin.

Agree,I have been give up to minning.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin

stop the trollin

lol u call that development my brother? Cheesy

~CfA~

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: