Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictive Technology  (Read 1955 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:34:47 AM

They are now predicting all kinds of things, like the world cup.
And it is apparently pretty damn accurate. Too bad that octopus died so we can't have a show down.

BigQuery
http://www.reddit.com/r/bigquery/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:12:28 AM

Ray Kurzweil was talking about AI at the I/O (I am watching it now) and he was talking about Watson, the computer that played Jeopardy. And he said the way it works is it just uses a giant database of Wikipedia and other documents like books, and it does not understand them as well as us, but it makes up for it by reading ALL the pages.

And the BigQuery technology they were talking about makes predictions by making or accepting as many models as possible, then creating a percentage based on what it can create or get from everyone.

So, pretty soon we are going to have some SUPER advanced Siri tech.

Imagine a siri that could potentially count cards, lol.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:29:15 AM

OMG

Everyone should look up "Project Tango". When all this shit comes together, we are going to have to worry about if the computers are going to think they need us.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:41:58 AM

Once all this stuff is in Google glass, kids will no longer have to go to school, lol.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:27:05 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 05:12:39 AM by Bitcoin-hotep

I feel virtual reality coming on...

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:44:00 AM

I am watching a lady talking about TENS & EEG, and there are people working on BRAIN TO BRAIN technology.
transcranial direct current stimulation

And she said something about their goals being to "record emotions and play them back".

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:36:56 AM

And it is apparently pretty damn accurate. Too bad that octopus died so we can't have a show down.

BigQuery
Well no shit. What do you think IBM does? They try to build these things to analyze big data and make predictions. Make things more efficient. Balh balha blah.  In the end of the day, everything is incremental and relative.  When you're dead and your great grand child is in his 40s, they'll be questioning the same things.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:10:42 PM

These predictive models are not new, machine learning has been around for a while  Wink

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:54:41 PM

BigQuery
Well no shit. What do you think IBM does? They try to build these things to analyze big data and make predictions. Make things more efficient. Balh balha blah.  In the end of the day, everything is incremental and relative.  When you're dead and your great grand child is in his 40s, they'll be questioning the same things.

I understand that the technology is not new (they have had randomizers and predictive models forever) but BigQuery is new, and they are getting more data than anyone ever I am pretty sure.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:56:27 PM

BigQuery

R.I.P. dear Paul...

Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:56:36 PM

BigQuery

I understand that the technology is not new (they have had randomizers and predictive models forever) but BigQuery is new, and they are getting more data than anyone ever I am pretty sure.
Would've been bought out by now if that was true lol

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:58:19 PM

Once all this stuff is in Google glass, kids will no longer have to go to school, lol.

Not good for the teacher's union...  Cheesy

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:06:43 PM

I am watching a lady talking about TENS & EEG, and there are people working on BRAIN TO BRAIN technology.
transcranial direct current stimulation

And she said something about their goals being to "record emotions and play them back".

Everything we think of as science fiction at one point is becoming reality sooner or later...

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

BigQuery

Would've been bought out by now if that was true lol

Google owns it, who is going to "buy it out"? lol

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

LOL

They will still need teachers. We can't expect kids to learn how to write and stuff with glasses.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:33:01 PM

LOL

They will still need teachers. We can't expect kids to learn how to write and stuff with glasses.

hmm...

http://youtu.be/2-jdlA0YWtg

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:57:22 PM

Not good for the teacher's union...  Cheesy

LOL

hmm...

http://youtu.be/2-jdlA0YWtg

LOL

It will probably be a little more immersive than that. I am pretty sure we are on the verge of Tango Project mapping the world, ARA melding phones and computers and google glass (which will eventually be virtual reality glasses), BigQuery creating randomized environments, Chromecast creating localized mesh Clouds, and Artificial Intelligence (like Watson) answering questions and playing the other characters in the game that aren't you.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

And Facebook just bought Occulus rift for 2 Billion dollars.
Sixense is working on creating the PERFECT bodysuit for soldiers to be IN the game (their goal is to create training simulators for Israel).
and Play Station is working on stealing everyone's stuff and perfecting it in "Morpheus" which is their new VR set that is coming out.
And Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation can make it where you FEEL what is happening in the game.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Very soon a lot of newbs on bitcointalk will be real leftists, real right wingers, or not so much real of anything at all. Imagine going back and forth on a thread with "somebody" who never takes a restroom break. Never sleeps. Ever. Scary...  Cheesy

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:47:08 PM

Very soon a lot of newbs on bitcointalk will be real leftists, real right wingers, or not so much real of anything at all. Imagine going back and forth on a thread with "somebody" who never takes a restroom break. Never sleeps. Ever. Scary...  Cheesy

I think Google plans on using BigQuery to create fake people to make Youtube videos.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: