Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When looking at scrypt miners for LTC...  (Read 880 times)
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:25:51 AM

When looking at scrypt miners for LTC under the "as of right now market" what would would be a good price per MH to have a decent ROI shot.

Ex. If looking at BTC miners, paying say $4k for 1Th is being off your f'n rocker where as say two months ago, if not more it might have been ok or a lil easier to understand.

To be decided...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:17:27 AM

You might take a look at the new a2 60m from a friend of mine over at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0  Great power efficiency with chips.

This model is just hitting the market making it the lowest priced new A2-60.
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:26:02 AM

You might take a look at the new a2 60m from a friend of mine over at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0  Great power efficiency with chips.

Not really what I asked, but ty for the reply.

To clear things up, I am not looking to buy any BTC miners right now... I just had three dragons come on line two days ago. This is where I seek an answer.

When looking at scrypt miners for LTC under the "as of right now market" what would would be a good price per MH to have a decent ROI shot.

To be decided...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:54:29 AM

You might take a look at the new a2 60m from a friend of mine over at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0  Great power efficiency with chips.

To clear things up, I am not looking to buy any BTC miners right now... I just had three dragons come on line two days ago. This is where I seek an answer.

Less than $100 per mh,maybe even $75,not much in that range yet,give it a few weeks  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:01:30 AM

You might take a look at the new a2 60m from a friend of mine over at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0  Great power efficiency with chips.

Less than $100 per mh,maybe even $75,not much in that range yet,give it a few weeks  Wink
So $83 a Mh would be an ok deal right now then ?

To be decided...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:11:07 AM

So $83 a Mh would be an ok deal right now then ?

Well,at 0.0245 BTC per mh,per month.So my 8 mh will take about 4 months or longer to break even,but as you know diff is rising on most scrypt coins & prices are falling,soooo...............  Roll Eyes

I'd wait a few weeks,miner prices will drop  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:06:57 AM

Ex. If looking at BTC miners, paying say $4k for 1Th is being off your f'n rocker where as say two months ago, if not more it might have been ok or a lil easier to understand.

The short answer is none of them (unless of course you have access to hardware at substantially reduced price, like you are a manufacturer getting them at cost or something).  83 dollars per Mh/s is a good deal in the sense that it will lose you less money than most things on the market, but it will still lose you money. 

Long answer:  Looking at SCRYPT historically, we see that this time in march (I'm picking march because that is when SCRYPT ASICS first became readily available for the general public), returns were around .01 per Mh/s.  By this time in April, they were down to around .005 to .006.  This time in May they were down to around .003.  This time in June, around .0015 ish.  July now, we're around 0.00085   If you graph this, it is a remarkably steady decline of right around 2% per day.  Now, it is obviously a pretty big assumption to assume that things will continue on that same rate of decline, but on the other hand, there isn't any real obvious reason to think it will change, either (other than of course wishful thinking).  If things continue at that same rate, this is what we're looking at:
This time in August, .0005.  September, .00025, October, .00012, November, .00008.  Draw up a little amortization type schedule and you can see that 1 Mh/s will earn, from now until the end of the year, and ignoring electricity costs, somewhere between 0.036 and 0.041 BTC.  Which at current exchange rates is around $22 to $26 USD. 

Conclusions?  Well obviously things could change.  None of this is set in stone.  LTC could rebound and head to the moon, or some ALT could knock off BTC or something.  Realistically though, we have every reason to think things will continue on exactly as they have been.  Which means anything over $30 per Mh/s has virtually no chance to ROI or even come close.  Under $25 and you stand a decent chance.  You really need to get down below $20 per Mh/s to have a really good chance of making more money than you spent, and the only people getting prices like that are companies who make their own machines. 

MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:23:39 AM

Well, for right now I just wana dip my toe in the water and not get anything super expensive and the only thing I can afford for a toe dip would be a zeus miner from MS. Being smaller scale, compared the the $83 per MH larger unit I looked at, they have the zeus miner listed for $104 @ 1.2Mh.

So just for something to play with to experiment with scrypt, would you say to just go for it ?

Edit: They do have a $10 off "likeus" coupon, but even after S&H it would still be probably $115 - $120.

To be decided...
brian_23452

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:38:32 AM

Well, for right now I just wana dip my toe in the water and not get anything super expensive and the only thing I can afford for a toe dip would be a zeus miner from MS. Being smaller scale, compared the the $83 per MH larger unit I looked at, they have the zeus miner listed for $104 @ 1.2Mh.

So just for something to play with to experiment with scrypt, would you say to just go for it ?

Edit: They do have a $10 off "likeus" coupon, but even after S&H it would still be probably $115 - $120.

I think that would be a good idea. 
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:42:04 AM

I think that would be a good idea.  
I most likely will, been wanting to "toe dip" for a while and this seems to be the currently best option for that not being super expensive and coming with a PSU, plus I already got a Pi for it.

To be decided...
brian_23452

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:47:34 AM

I think zoomhash as them even cheaper.
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:48:58 AM

?

To be decided...
brian_23452

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:18:13 AM

?

Zoomhash, the website.  They have them for like 100. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: