Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Litecoin "too big to fail" like the automobiles manufactorers and banks?  (Read 720 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:04:12 PM

Litecoin can't fail - some rich guy will come in last minute to buy up the sell walls.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:12:29 PM

Why should a rich guy do that?
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:04:15 PM

Nothing is too big to fail. In fact, we should've just let Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac go belly-up. Yes, it would have been chaos in the financial sector at first, but the benefits would have been twofold: First, it would prove to large financial institutions that they aren't all powerful and, second, the financial sector would have emerged stronger with cryptocurrencies having a decent chance of coming out on top. Litecoin isn't too big to fail and neither is Bitcoin when it gets down to it. So we must not become complacent at any point.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

It would definitely suck if Litecoin died because a lot of infrastructure has already been invested into it (e.g. merchant services, scrypt mining equipment). Still nowhere near that of Bitcoin so I wouldn't say that it's "too big to fail". That term doesn't really exist in the crypto world. It's a free market, after all.
balanghai

Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:11:10 AM

It's just maybe the GPU-Based miners are recouping losses due to the entrance of ASIC Scrypt miners. So after they have finished recovering their investments, we'll see a brighter side of LTC for the win. (maybe after 5 years) Smiley
markus1000

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:39:09 AM

Is Litecoin too big to fail?

No

1. The big to fail concept is relying on government intervention.
2. Neither Bitcoin nor Litecoin have any major impact on the world economy.
3. Even in the cryptocurrency space, Litecoin does not matter much. The sector is highly bitcoin centered.

The group that is  important and is probably interested in Litecoin's stability are miners, but they want to sell coins at high price not buy them.
endrowski

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:53:19 AM

All of my asset are in litecoin, i think it is going toward zero
But i dont know why i can not sell?Huh Huh
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:38:21 PM

Litecoin lost some value but not as much as worthless dogecoin or feathercoin or others. there will always be a silver in the cryptoworld, a backup for bitcoin.

balanghai

Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:47:11 PM

Litecoin lost some value but not as much as worthless dogecoin or feathercoin or others. there will always be a silver in the cryptoworld, a backup for bitcoin.

You got it right there. Though in BTC Figures it's like BTC0.009-10ish but in dollars it's still more than $5. It started like less than $0.06. It's far from zero.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:07:14 PM

LTC might be a good buy around 0,10-0,20$ everything above is way overvalued.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:24:14 PM

Why are you comparing huge companies that were bailed out by tax dollars with a crypto that isn't backed by anything? Of course litecoin can fail, just like GM and Fannie mae would have failed without government support.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:36:58 PM

Litecoin offers nothing over Bitcoin. It's already failed.

And please dont say that Silver to Gold bullshit.

Silver has properties over Gold that makes it valuable. What does Litecoin have over Bitcoin that maks it valuable? Nothing.
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:29:25 PM

Why are you comparing huge companies that were bailed out by tax dollars with a crypto that isn't backed by anything? Of course litecoin can fail, just like GM and Fannie mae would have failed without government support.

I was just tossing Fannie Mae out as an example as something that should not have been considered "Too big to fail." The rules of pure capitalism should include the idea that, if you make as many mistakes as the big financial institutions made to cause the crash of a few years ago, you deserve to go out of business. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should NOT have been bailed out so they could serve as an object lesson regarding what happens when people become arrogant.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

I do not believe that Litecoin is "too big to fail".

But I do not think it is failing at all. Price means nothing when talking about the protocol and its security.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:00:04 PM

There's no Government support for LTC but what I meant is that LTC has rich backers who'll presumably engage in Keynesian practices.   Don't recall that BTC was going off the ends until the Winklevoss twins started pumping money into it.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: