Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi controlling mining gear  (Read 998 times)
Harwood (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:34:47 PM

I have been using a few Raspberry Pis now for controlling gear with mixed results.  For instance MinePeon does well for SHA-256. The Grid Controlla Community Edition for Gridseed.  What have been your experiences?

Hardware wise its always down to the USB ports.  I have great faith in the upcoming KickStarter to solve some of it, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10la/raspiado-the-usb-hub-that-fits-your-raspberry-pi?ref=nav_search.  Adds some ports, takes care of power cord falling out, and it mounts on the bottom.  Just have to figure out a case for it all.  Anybody else observe any good Pi add ons?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Not really sure this belongs in mining hardware but here is another ARM based option running full Ubuntu or other options.

http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php

Not my find someone else was using them.

slashka

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:35:44 PM

Hey! I have the following setup: two 5-chip Gridseeds, one USB U2 Antminer (the second is coming soon), the 7 port USB 2.0 hub and a Raspberry of course.

I'm not using such distros, but using the default Raspbian. For me I find the following way which is working well with my setup.

At startup I'm starting two minerd miners (each for the one of the gridseeds) and one cgminer. Cgminer crashes some times and minerd rarely, but freezes. So, I have a cron script to check cgminer running or not and an every hour reboot script.

Sometimes, because it's hot now and a superfarm is standing in front of window, the Raspberry freezes, so I mannualy reboot all "the systems" with one power switch

PayCoin - the people's money.
URC Coin - the power of hexagon!
Need a coin website? PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: