Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone got any of the bitcoin ATM cards already?  (Read 1558 times)
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:50:59 PM

In the last few months few services appeared offering ATM cards that you can use to withdraw cash from an actual old world bank ATM. (they sell the BTC in the background and fund the card with cash).
Each work differently, some much better than others but  has anyone got any of those?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:52:30 PM

i don't want let finger print and ID picture and face picture on this machine since i known that datas are transmit to tracfin (fintrac) automaticly ... and saved for 3 years in the bitcoin ATM builder.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:25:47 PM

Xapo is suppose to be sending out cards this month according to an email I received from them. I will be testing one as soon as I receive it.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

i don't want let finger print and ID picture and face picture on this machine since i known that datas are transmit to tracfin (fintrac) automaticly ... and saved for 3 years in the bitcoin ATM builder.

I am kind of on the same page with that. I like the relative anonymity of bit coin. I don't suddenly want to get a capital gains tax bill in the mail and frankly it isn't anyones business whether or not I transact in bit coin.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:27:36 AM

I am kind of on the same page with that. I like the relative anonymity of bit coin. I don't suddenly want to get a capital gains tax bill in the mail and frankly it isn't anyones business whether or not I transact in bit coin.
I agree. If I am going to spend any of my bitcoin I would want to spend it by sending the coins directly to the seller (or the seller's payment processor - coinbase/bitpay)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:44:44 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 03:48:39 AM by Lethn

Sounds dodgy as fuck OP unless they have a legitimate business partner and the law on their side, I wouldn't try it, I could see a bank or a credit card company doing this but if it's just someone with a cheap website selling them I'd avoid it.
Fopb

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:45:20 AM

I'm also waiting for https://xapo.com to go live on their debit card. Should be good.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:19:53 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 04:11:05 AM by arbitrage001

Xapo is suppose to be sending out cards this month according to an email I received from them. I will be testing one as soon as I receive it.

Got an email from Xapo last week also. I will test it out when I receive the card.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:42:39 AM

Cavirtex has had one of those for a while they are neat debit cards and what not
Now moving into mastercards as well.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:59:05 AM

Cavirtex has had one of those for a while they are neat debit cards and what not

If Master Card implement this feature, bitcoin could double in value overnight. That will mean USD days are numbered and China central bank might have to rethink their position on bitcoin.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:28:44 AM

If Master Card implement this feature, bitcoin could double in value overnight. That will mean USD days are numbered and China central bank might have to rethink their position on bitcoin.

Yep since its relevant proof we kind of skipped it in the press feed but I guess its worth noting as well lol Smiley

Hey Guys,

This July 1st, Canada is turning 147 years old and CAVIRTEX is turning 3 years old.  To celebrate our 3-year anniversary we have some big announcements:

3) INTERAC ONLINE DEPOSITS

CAVIRTEX will start accepting Interac online for deposits up to $5,000
per day for only $1.50. Deposits made using this method should clear within an hour.  This will be the fastest and easiest way to fund your account and start trading.

4) PREPAID MASTERCARD WITHDRAWALS

To give you even more account flexibility we are introducing CAVIRTEX prepaid Mastercards.  Using this option you can withdraw CAD from your CAVIRTEX account and load it onto a prepaid MasterCard, which can then be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted.

Happy Canada Day!

Joseph David
CEO, CAVIRTEX

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:57:07 AM

I'm also waiting for https://xapo.com to go live on their debit card. Should be good.

This looks interesting. I like the fact that they claim there are no fees after the purchase of the card ($15 is reasonable too!)

I would be most reluctant to put any bitcoin in their vault and minimal in their wallet - just to use the card. I don't trust any online wallet after Gox. I'll do my own cold storage.

That being said, I'm tempted to get one of these cards!

DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:03:28 PM

Sounds dodgy as fuck OP unless they have a legitimate business partner and the law on their side, I wouldn't try it, I could see a bank or a credit card company doing this but if it's just someone with a cheap website selling them I'd avoid it.

Well they got few millions VC recently. I suppose they did their due diligence Smiley

And they are legal as far as I know, basically they sell your BTC and fund the card with USD both in real time.

Which country is Xapo based on? And who is backing them?

fryarminer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

This looks interesting. I like the fact that they claim there are no fees after the purchase of the card ($15 is reasonable too!)

I would be most reluctant to put any bitcoin in their vault and minimal in their wallet - just to use the card. I don't trust any online wallet after Gox. I'll do my own cold storage.

That being said, I'm tempted to get one of these cards!

well you can send bitcoins to your wallet with them just shortly before spending them, I suppose you will have to wait at least 1 confirmation though.
But from your own cold storage to spending them offline within 10 minutes or so, sounds good right?

It does sounds good. I'm interested.
fryarminer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:43:15 PM

Well they got few millions VC recently. I suppose they did their due diligence Smiley

And they are legal as far as I know, basically they sell your BTC and fund the card with USD both in real time.

Which country is Xapo based on? And who is backing them?

I also would like to know that.

Incorporated in Hong Kong and based in Palo Alto CA.

https://xapo.com/#about

Daniel007

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

I haven't got any bitcoin ATM cards and i have no idea about how to get the ATM card. Can anyone help me?

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:16:39 AM

Same as many above, I got the email from Xapo. Even though I have an account with them, I have no clue on their reputation or who they are. Any feedback would be more than welcome.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: