Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MACOSX LITECOIN] One .app to mine them all!  (Read 5094 times)
fromheten (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 07:34:02 PM by fromheten

I like to have my laptop mine some btc and ltc while I am at work, and today when I was lying in my bed (and I think about life and I think about death) I packaged my litecoin and bitcoin miners together in a nice little .app.

If you would also like to save two seconds in your terminal routine feel free to download the package and use it. It's quite ugly and absolutely not made with any kind of quality. Expect nothing of it.

But if you have to, you can download it from here.
Bittorrent: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27720447/Mine%20everything%21/Mine%20Everything.torrent

HTTP download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27720447/Mine%20everything%21/Mine%20Everything%21.zip

To configure!

First! Put BOTH the apps in /Applications/

You need to edit one file using the Terminal. When that is done, you won't have to do any hard Terminal things, promise!

When you have placed the two apps in your /Applications folder, open a terminal and write this

Code:
nano /Applications/Mine\ everything\!.app/Contents/Resources/script

and on the second line you should write the url of the pool, your username:password. This line is about litecoin.

Save it by hitting F2 (hint! on a mac you hit fn+the button that makes the screen brighter!) and pressing Y when it asks if it should save or not.

Close the Terminal!

Open the Mine Everything! app. It will open one window that is for your litecoins and one terminal with Diablo's miner. In there you enter your pool url, username and password. And, well, you're done.

If you want to close the btc miner just close the terminal, if you want to close the ltc miner, just close the window named "Mine Everything!"

Neat!

If you want to get rid of the coins you've earned, here are some addresses.

Thank me for this package:
1M7nzsWq6buBMRiVdLee4JvBRaB6fwnqj9 (btc) or
Lanzaazo95LxRYejoyGpNto39CRuvtZPCt (ltc)

But you really should thank these people:
Diablo-D3 (who wrote the bitcoin gpu miner): 1DbeWKCxnVCt3sRaSAmZLoboqr8pVyFzP1
MacCompiler (who packaged DiabloMiner): 14V7RiwD3joqDF2Jv6zst3ZnQsR686u9iH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrNoSox

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:03:00 AM

Does this work with 10.8.3? Is there any way you can put this back online? I've been trying to get LTC mining going on my hackintosh for days and I can't find anything that works. It's driving me nuts!

I like to have my laptop mine some btc and ltc while I am at work, and today when I was lying in my bed (and I think about life and I think about death) I packaged my litecoin and bitcoin miners together in a nice little .app.

If you would also like to save two seconds in your terminal routine feel free to download the package and use it. It's quite ugly and absolutely not made with any kind of quality. Expect nothing of it.

Bittorrent: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27720447/Mine%20everything%21/Mine%20Everything.torrent

HTTP download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27720447/Mine%20everything%21/Mine%20Everything%21.zip

To configure!

You need to edit one file using the Terminal. When that is done, you won't have to do any hard Terminal things, promise!

When you have placed the two apps in your /Applications folder, open a terminal and write this

Code:

and on the second line you should write the url of the pool, your username:password. This line is about litecoin.

Save it by hitting F2 (hint! on a mac you hit fn+the button that makes the screen brighter!) and pressing Y when it asks if it should save or not.

Close the Terminal!

Open the Mine Everything! app. It will open one window that is for your litecoins and one terminal with Diablo's miner. In there you enter your pool url, username and password. And, well, you're done.

If you want to close the btc miner just close the terminal, if you want to close the ltc miner, just close the window named "Mine Everything!"

Neat!

fromheten (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:23:56 PM

Does this work with 10.8.3? Is there any way you can put this back online? I've been trying to get LTC mining going on my hackintosh for days and I can't find anything that works. It's driving me nuts!

To configure!

Code:

Close the Terminal!

Neat!

I've stopped using this, and hence supporting it. Luckily, the world is probably a better place without yet another ugly GUI Wink.

I suggest that you compile it yourself - then you can get it optimized for your hardware.

But compiling can be a daunting task if you've grown up with graphical interface and binaries - don't worry. I know that the cpuminer by pooler (I think) is avaliable as binary to download. To run it, you run a simple command in your terminal. If you save the command into a file and name it WhatEverFileName.command it will be double-clickable in MacOS. Good luck, if you require help please reply here Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: