Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox News  (Read 5048 times)
buzzcoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:40:00 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 01:20:08 PM by buzzcoin

If anyone out there has got gox coins, and not read the fine line of the sunlot deal then you should check out the faq on savegox.com

They have valued your bitcoins at $500 dollars each bitcoin that you hold. Is this fair. The price is gone way up.

So when this deal comes or if it does, hell knows what the trading price will really be compared to the deal

How was that deal agreed to with not all creditprs being informed about it in the first place

Seems like any dealmaker is going to put an offer on the table and all creditors are at the mercy of the major holders
I say that if this is going to be the case then I ask all major creditors to please look at how it would best help all creditors to gain the maximum out of the deal and not just a few

If any of you cannot make a choice then please consult trained advisors such that you make the best choice.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:44:36 AM

If anyone out there has got gox coins, and not read the fine line of the sunlot deal then you should check out the faq on savegox.com

They have valued your bitcoins at $500 dollars each bitcoin that you hold. Is this fair. The price is gone way up.

So when this deal comes or if it does, hell knows what the trading price will really be compared to the deal
I think we are all being taken for a sunlotride (sunnylotteryride) Angry

Anybody feel the heat? Don't?
Lets turn it up

Watch this space

what was the price when gox went dork?

likely they had to set a price a few weeks back in which case 500 usd was fair

and from what i gather the sunlot deal to re-imburse the gox folk is dependent on BTC going up (if all of us who drank the kool aid are correct)

in other words you may in a few years if they legit mean this get your $$$ back in equiv USD if price of BTC goes up as us drinking kool aid folks want

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:52:55 AM

drink fresh orange juice much better.
Sunlot knows that there are other guys out there that can give a better deal and hope they do as they suggested.
Coinlab was not happy with what was going on, Give them some cruelaid oops coolaid, then they can joion the sunnylotteryride
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:58:56 PM

$150..
so some people that were still trading on goxxday and managed to buy up alot of $150 coins, are going to be in for some profit. as oppose to those that held and didnt trade, imagining their hoard is still worth todays market price are in for a shock..

and those that stupidly sold for $150 thinking they could bank transfer out before gox closed are probably scraming at themselves for losing out in more ways than one

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:21:36 PM

Gox coin doest worth anything any more !
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:27:21 PM

$150..
so some people that were still trading on goxxday and managed to buy up alot of $150 coins, are going to be in for some profit. as oppose to those that held and didnt trade, imagining their hoard is still worth todays market price are in for a shock..

and those that stupidly sold for $150 thinking they could bank transfer out before gox closed are probably scraming at themselves for losing out in more ways than one
[/quote]

Hey everybody add this for another shock.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/outrage-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-expenses-creditors-prepare-fly-japan/2014/07/06

Im catching a ride too! But hey goxsters dont be too mad at me. Blame it on the planeride ticket. Its always shell shocking
WELCOME TO THE SUNNYLOTTERYRIDE
LET ME BE FRANK START THE LOSS ENGINE AND BE PREPARED TO CRANK CRANK CRANK COS IT GOT TOO MUCH KUKELES OIL
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:49:36 PM

Yeah this is BS if they try and give us $500 per coin next year that will suck. I thought the plan was to pay us back in BTC?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4536

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:06:09 PM

Yeah this is BS if they try and give us $500 per coin next year that will suck. I thought the plan was to pay us back in BTC?

depends on rule of law..

usually in most countries the compensation should match the price to be able to obtain a replacement product/asset. (fair market rate)

so if someone stole a lamborghini, the courts wont accept a compensation amount to only give people enough to buy a 20year old toyota..

but then again $500 is better then $100, and better then $1.... basically expect losses as you accepted the risk when giving funds to a third person.

and if you think about it.. $500 along with the 200kbtc #found# may end up being equal to make people whole..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:51:28 PM

Hi guys if you dont know, another Gox bidder
http://www.btcocean.com/
They are offering 45% ownership to Gox creditors.

Any other bidders any other bidders.
Come on guys time is going
Wait wait I hear someone offering 99%
Anyone for 101%
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

I think (read: only THINK) I might be okay with taking a $500 deal per bitcoin if it were to happen sometime in the very near future. I would rather take a haircut and get on with my life then anything else. That said, I would much RATHER if someone were to restart the exchange, under proper management, and made me a part owner, with profits going to slowly making me whole. That said, I think as more time passes, the less likely that seems. Although that, in my mind, is the preferred solution.

more or less retired.
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

From what I can tell, the law in Japan says that when a company liquidates it must sell off all of it's assets and repay it's creditors in fiat. This is true even if the company holds foreign currency, that currency must be sold for yen
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:33:38 AM

If Sunlot Holdings seriously intends to pay you back, then why are they planning to pay a person/company who charges $900 per hour?

In the filing, the group listed Freeh Group International Solutions, a firm established by former FBI director Louis Freeh that has carried out a series of investigations into high-profile scandals, among a team of advisers it planned to tap for Mt. Gox.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/11/bitcoin-mtgox-investorgroup-idINDEEA390FJ20140411

Mr. Freeh's hourly rate is $900.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323420604578652451181350238

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:54:29 AM

If Sunlot Holdings seriously intends to pay you back, then why are they planning to pay a person/company who charges $900 per hour?

In the filing, the group listed Freeh Group International Solutions, a firm established by former FBI director Louis Freeh that has carried out a series of investigations into high-profile scandals, among a team of advisers it planned to tap for Mt. Gox.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/11/bitcoin-mtgox-investorgroup-idINDEEA390FJ20140411

Mr. Freeh's hourly rate is $900.
[Suspicious link removed]j.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323420604578652451181350238

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/06/us-mfglobal-trustee-fees-idUSBRE9750NB20130806

Freeh already asked for nearly $2 million in fees, but agreed to a slight reduction after the Department of Justice criticized him and his law firm for vague time records.

tx1 ----------> tx2: 3.5 hours.
tx1 ----------> tx3: 2.7 hours.
tx1 ----------> tx4: 4.1 hours.

"Mr. Freeh, how many of these tx thingies are there?"
"Unknown, because as its already been demonstrated, Mr. Karpeles was a pretty slick dude. Knowing that my pay scale is $900/hr, where would you like me to remit the bill for my minimum 15 minute session in answering your question?"
"But, at the end of day, creditors would be owing you money."
"For a second there, I thought you didn't know how Bitcoin works. BTW, that'll be another 15 minutes added to the bill."
"I like how you think!"
"You just earned a discount. Now, let me get back to work."

tx 1 ----------> tx5: 3.9 hours, plus 15 minutes (see Form D)...
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:15:30 AM

Not surprised but glad to see people staying on top of this issue.  If this deal is for a relatively short wait time for payment then I'd say cut your losses and get it over with but I didn't loose any funds in the debacle that was GOX.  This isn't going to work out for the better the more time passes the victims will be in limbo.  So yea most definitely pursue any type offers in my opinion.
buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

Greetings bittalkers,
We are all aware of the creditors meeting around the corner. People from all over the globe who have a vested interest in this must go if it is going to help them and all those creditors that cannnot make it there. We must be there for the entire bitcoin community. For all that supported bitcoin and lost and have bitcoins tied up in gox.

I also say that the creditors need to stand together on the issue of the remaining bitcoins. I believe most of you out there and also urge each to do this: Ensure that all those bitcoins in gox are not sold off to pay off creditors but rather agree with the plan to have the bitcoins distributed to its creditors.
Supporting the bitocean/atlas plan might be the more feasible way for all creditors to recover all that was lost.
For anybody wishing to take payment in dollars they must consider the loss that all bitcoin holders will suffer from the sale and distribution of the coins. These coins will be sold off like dirt and it could also affect the entire bitcoin community.

Proceeds from liquidations never ever make up for creditors losses, so don't let anyone convince otherwise.
The very workings of bitcoin and design of it was to be such that no person have control over it except its owner and here we have 200000 of it in the hands of a liquidator. Bitcoin must not be controlled by anybody but by the owners of bitcoins themselves.

SO I SAY TO ALL BITCOINERS " LETS STAND TOGETHER" AND CREATE A REAL "DEMOCRATIC AND DECENTRALISED CURRENCY"
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Lets turn it up

Watch this space

and from what i gather the sunlot deal to re-imburse the gox folk is dependent on BTC going up (if all of us who drank the kool aid are correct)

in other words you may in a few years if they legit mean this get your $$$ back in equiv USD if price of BTC goes up as us drinking kool aid folks want

Searing

The exact price when Gox went dark was $133.35

The reason I know this is because Gox still shows up on my BTC price tracker, and that is where it settled at when everything came to a screeching halt...

What ever happened to the investigation of the Bot that everyone was talking about...it's been crickets about that for awhile too.   Did that become part of the main investigation?
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Lets turn it up

Watch this space

Searing

The reason I know this is because Gox still shows up on my BTC price tracker, and that is where it settled at when everything came to a screeching halt...

What ever happened to the investigation of the Bot that everyone was talking about...it's been crickets about that for awhile too.   Did that become part of the main investigation?

This was gox only price though, wasn't it? I recall seeing people trade BTC for gox btc.. at around $150 but the value was much higher.

Edit: just looked BTC was around $700 in feb.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:10:07 PM

Lets turn it up

Watch this space

Searing

What ever happened to the investigation of the Bot that everyone was talking about...it's been crickets about that for awhile too.   Did that become part of the main investigation?

This was gox only price though, wasn't it? I recall seeing people trade BTC for gox btc.. at around $150 but the value was much higher.

Edit: just looked BTC was around $700 in feb.

Yeah, they were doing that...remember that one guy started that company that was just buying up all the Gox BTC at a discount (thinking that if they somehow managed to re-open he would quadruple his money)?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 06:39:11 PM

you dont get even one satoshi from there because Mark already bought alot of pizza with it.

buzzcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:40:31 PM

To all creditors -
Anyone attending the mtgox creditors meeting?
Well if you are then as a creditor you should opt to take the best deal that anyone has to offer and not just what the liquidator is trying to put through.

You should consider the deal that Bitocean and others are offering. Creditors must gain the max benefit from the loss that they have suffered

Remember, support the return of creditors bitcoins.

Good luck to all going to the meeting and have a safe journey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: