Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dareq = Scammer  (Read 7574 times)
dareq

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:50:41 PM

Thing is that I already spent some of it for online stuff, I just prefer paypal to close it by themselves and put my account on negative balance and i'll pay it later. easy as that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 04:01:56 PM

Thing is that I already spent some of it for online stuff, I just prefer paypal to close it by themselves and put my account on negative balance and i'll pay it later. easy as that.

So you took his money, told him to wait while you went out and spent it and then your account happened to get frozen right after you had a chance to spend it, but because your a lazy prick your not going to refund him and are going to put PayPal out of pocket while you take your time paying back the negative balance?

Actually the PayPal won't refund the full amount. So OP would only get the funds that the PayPal recovered.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 04:19:14 PM

I see scam. Shocked
dareq

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 04:26:32 PM

PayPal will refund OP the full amount because I already had situation like this and they always do.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 04:37:04 PM

PayPal will refund OP the full amount because I already had situation like this and they always do.

So are you saying you can't pay the money back? What paypal might or might not do is irrelevant.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
dareq

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:01:24 PM

I cannot refund money because PayPal do not want to get my account on negative balance when I want , they will when they want and that's exact moment when OP get his money back. Anymore discussion about that is irrevelant.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 05:08:13 PM

I cannot refund money because PayPal do not want to get my account on negative balance when I want , they will when they want and that's exact moment when OP get his money back. Anymore discussion about that is irrevelant.

See that's the important part, any problem you have with paypal is your problem. You were sent the money, you refuse to send the bitcoins, and cannot refund the money (because by your own admission, you spent it). That makes you a scammer. That is not irrelevant, it's the exactly what the topic is about which reads "dareq=scammer". Get a clue.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:32:56 PM

You're a cunt. A big, fat, ugly, cunt.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 06:29:36 PM

Listen, we don't care at all about what PayPal does. You can still deposit money to your account when its frozen, deposit money and refund the dude or your going to be marked as a scammer.

Exactly. The dispute with paypal isn't the solution, it's a consequence of a fraudulent transaction. It's still fraud. Just seems like he's trying to buy time so he can scam a few more people.

Potave (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:54:41 PM

Dareq, simply refund your account and give me my money back Undecided
rexcoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:01:32 PM

Dareq, simply refund your account and give me my money back Undecided

It seems after reading the thread he really has no intention to pay you back the paypal or the bitcoins.
he wants to rely on paypal paying you back which is really wrong - not that i like paypal, but the fact is paypal wont "always" pay back the full amount and seeing as he said "this happened before" makes it even worse.

I suggest you start a credit card/debit card fraud case.  Which it does take a while, When i had to do this, and it was only for $10, they said it would take like 2 weeks for me to get the form, and then maybe a month or so to get the case reviewed.
Then again my debit card company sucked... I never went through with it because waiting all that time is not worth $10..
Potave (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:19:09 PM

I didn't pay with a credit card but with a bank card, if it makes difference
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:29:05 PM

So, dareq, or should I say SCAMMER, to me you refused to sell Bitcoins because what I offered you was less than what you wanted to sell, $200+, but to Potave you sold bitcoins worth only $134. Explain that if you can...

You're a fucking dirtbag and I called you a SCAMMER since day 1. I hate it when I'm right about scammers, because most of the times people just don't listen, or think I'm too fast to jump the gun, and they end up being scammed.

Potave, ask your bank to reverse the paypal payment. You may even lose your paypal account because of it, but you can be sure that this dirtbag account will get charged with the $134+whatever your bank decides to charge him for the process, usually around $20. And he'll also lose his account, which most likely isn't his, probably it was phished. He doesn't sound like a Barbara to me...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 08:41:41 PM

I don't see why paypal freezing your account has anything to do with the OP. You wanted to be paid for BTC through Paypal. He paid yu through Paypal. Send the man his BTC, scammer.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 09:51:10 PM

He is most likely using stolen paypal accounts.  Once you send the money he then buys stuff with the stolen account and makes you wait a day so the items he buys ship.  Then he tells you to reverse the charges on the stolen paypal account claiming it was frozen, etc.

He most likely has more stolen accounts, that's why he is still advertising.

What a piece of shit.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 09:58:37 PM

You have to link those credit cards to the account for that to work.

He is probably just shipping the items he buys to a house that is for sale down the street from him.

These are probably just non-verified accounts that he has phished with no money in them and not tied to a bank account/credit card.

The only way to get money into them is for someone to send it, so he scams it.

Then he changes shipping address on account and buys stuff, then he tells you it got frozen or some other excuse.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

I didn't say he was smart. 

He might also just be setting up unverified paypal accounts himself and using them this way.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 12:40:23 PM

Pay up.

If you didn’t receive the item and you can’t resolve the problem with the seller, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim. If we decide you are eligible for a refund, the amount you will receive is limited to the amount we can recover from the seller’s PayPal account balance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.msg633446#msg633446
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

Yup, Paypal only does full refunds when the account has no money if it was an ebay purchase.

Potave, wait for paypal resolution, and if they don't give you your money back in full, ask your bank to do a chargeback.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:37:54 PM

Usually an EFT reversal can only be requested within 5 days of the transaction.  There are usually fees involved as well. 

The amount also has to be the exact amount that was debited.

Some banks won't even do an EFT reversal against Paypal.

I bet he doesn't even have any BTC to sell.  Someone should make a verification service for people wanting to sell BTC.  They have to transfer X amount of bitcoins in good faith to a trusted member.(at least as many as they are offering for sale)  The trusted member would then return the coins and verify that the person offering coins actually has them in stock.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: