Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dareq = Scammer  (Read 7574 times)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:10:43 PM

I am assuming he doesn't have any for sale in the first place.  Just another bottom feeding scammer.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:34:13 AM

Just get the mods to tag him as a scammer, post his IP and let it be done.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:39:46 AM

We really should take a scammer on here to court and send a message to all the others.

Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Court cases require evidence.

Evidence needs to be classified as evidence by legal representatives of law enforcement (i.e. cyber investigation squad).

FBI doesn't work in petty crimes.

TL;DR: Not gonna happen. In Bitcoin, we decide our own risk.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:44:05 AM

FBI doesn't work in petty crimes.

I wasn't referring to this one in particular.

The FBI will work on cases where the value was over $2000, atleast for credit card fraud. I'm pretty sure many scammers have scammed the community of more than $2000 and got away. Whats the total on the bitcoin london dude? (if he is a scammer)

No clue. I think the saying stays true though:

"One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 05:59:48 AM

I've already talked to theymos, scammer tag is a certainty, he's just giving it a couple days to see if he changes his mind.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:52:19 PM

Who said anything about the FBI? Are you fucking crazy?

Dareq/Barbara is on Poland, Potave is French I suppose. It's an European matter. WE don't give a fuck about the FBI. Please stop being US-centric. I'm sure there is some EU authority to deal with fraud over the internet.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 08:47:57 PM

I've already talked to theymos, scammer tag is a certainty, he's just giving it a couple days to see if he changes his mind.

BULLSHIT!

I'm sorry guys, but that is a couple MORE days too late. This was an obvious scammer from day one. It was pointed out by everyone who read his initial threads and participated in his garbage "I have a secret way to make sure only I can lose" thread.

There was not one legit member of this community who accepted dareq's foolishness, and yet our Mods and Admins want to "wait a couple of days"Huh Why, so some other poor dumb bastard can get taken by this piece of shit? So he can come here with some alternate identity and pull the same shit with Moneybookers or Amazon gift cards or some other technique?

HE IS A FUCKING SCAMMER- TAG HIM AS SUCH. Have the stones to actually do something pro-fucking-active for the community, instead of playing to see if dareq's conscience will get the better of him- IT WON'T. If he makes restitution to Potave, and is confirmed by Potave, then consider removing the SCAMMER tag- but do the right thing here.

Or stop pretending that you give a shit and will take action.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 09:12:02 PM

I think the current warnings are more than enough to ward off potential buyers for a couple days.  If people choose to ignore all that I don't think even a scammer tag would help them.

Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:18:57 PM

I think the current warnings are more than enough to ward off potential buyers for a couple days.  If people choose to ignore all that I don't think even a scammer tag would help them.

Assuming that people actually read the other threads on this board.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:23:46 PM

Seriously. If someone is naive enough to deal with him, do you really think they are familiar with the way things work here and read EVERY thread?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:28:13 PM

Seriously. If someone is naive enough to deal with him, do you really think they are familiar with the way things work here and read EVERY thread?
Wonder if the newbies section needs an empty sticky entitled "READ THE POST HISTORY OF ANYONE YOU ARE TRADING WITH AND BE SUSPICIOUS IF HE IS AS NEW AS YOU ARE, NOOB"

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:34:09 PM

If I open my kitchen cupboard and find a cockroach scurrying around under there, I can choose to wait until he flits out of sight and pretend the problem has gone away.

Or I can solve the problem. Stomp his little cockroach ass to death, gas him, hit him with a hammer or whatever, just fix the problem. Then my naive little dog who loves to poke his head under kitchen cabinet won't eat the cockroach.

We have a cockroach here. Waiting a couple of days to see if he wants to stop being a cockroach isn't the answer. Let's clean up our kitchen. Label dareq as a scammer, or stomp his little cockroach ass right off the forum, it matters not, but let's not pretend that this scummy little piece of work is going to change his tune because we are waiting.

Protecting our own world is a shared responsibility. We have seen the cockroach, now if we do nothing, we are as guilty as he is.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 10:13:44 PM

No, assuming that they would read the thread where he is actually doing the selling though. Nothing but warnings and links to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68006.0

Rushing to mark people as scammers has resulted in premature judgements in the past.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:21:44 PM

Rushing to mark people as scammers has resulted in premature judgements in the past.

What is this. I don't even.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 10:22:51 PM

What is this. I don't even.

Were your ears burning?  Wink

Eveofwar

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:43:49 PM

No, assuming that they would read the thread where he is actually doing the selling though. Nothing but warnings and links to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68006.0

That thread gives no warning when you go to the user's profile.  Nor does that thread give any warning when he PM's users, who didn't first read the thread.

Wouldn't the simple solution be to have some kind of tag next to his profile name so it's quite apparent to everyone dealing with him that he may be untrustworthy ?

Nah...we'll just let this go on for a couple more days and hope no one gets burned.  Might as well just get rid of the scammer tag all together then.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:47:32 PM

Maybe a new tag should be added for those who have allegations of being a scammer, that links to the related thread

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 10:59:09 PM

Maybe a new tag should be added for those who have allegations of being a scammer, that links to the related thread

This has been mentioned before, it's a good idea. Or a link in their signature as terry suggested. Just to make people aware of current unresolved issues.

Eveofwar

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:08:18 PM

This has been mentioned before, it's a good idea. Or a link in their signature as terry suggested. Just to make people aware of current unresolved issues.

Isn't that what the scammer tag is FOR ?

Maybe I'm lost...

Tag him a scammer; then once the "current unresolved issues" are resolved...he can make amends and move towards getting it removed.

I'm so confused on what the tag is for now.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:12:04 PM

The best system would be a feedback type system like eBay has, maybe thats a suggestion for the new forum software.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: