Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do we need regulation in the global crypto scene ?
Yes - 5 (35.7%)
No - 9 (64.3%)
? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do we need regulation ?  (Read 323 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:56:06 AM

Should there be regulations and some laws put in place for Altcoins ?

And if regulation was enforced on us all right now with no warning how would you all react ?

Wise to give it some thought before it's too late.. are you prepared ?

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:00:10 AM

wow moronic topic

only answer is NO and besides if u have regulation in ur north american countries i dont give a fuck here in the Ukraine

Cheesy Cheesy

~CfA~

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:29:52 PM

@Come-from-Above
You need to lay off the trolling it's been getting out of hand lately.

Thanks for the offensive and vague reply though.

I ask you guys should Mark be able to take all the Bitcoin from GOX and walk away freely and legally ?
If you support no regulation then i say fine i LOL at you Free Market idiots and i hope you get ripped off again.
You can NOT scream for police or whatever and then shout the ole Free Market Mantra, it's beyond hypocritical.
So really, i couldn't care less Mark (from Mt. Gox) ripped people off and i say good for him.. congrats !
That is your "Free Market" at work guys.

Oh, and I said..
In case your too cocky and ignorant to notice Politicians do what ever the hell they want..
So i asked what would you all do if regulations were implemented today ? how would you react and are you prepared ?
You think the US government is going to seek First the approval from some anonymous mouthy coward forum troll before enacting regulations ?
Hell no.. they will just do it and that is that.. just like they do in their war against piracy.
We could be facing a battle that is fought similar to the global war on Piracy.

But hey thanks again for your well thought and mature reply to a very real and VERY serious issue Comes_From_Above
I hoped to raise some awareness and get a feel for what the community thinks.. not Poll one mouthy Troll.
I care what the community thinks and i care about crypto and i would like to see who else cares about crypto.
I hoped to trigger peoples creativity and imagination..
Like what could we do to realistically improve the scene so we don't end up getting nasty forced regulation on us ?
Cryptsy requiting user verification is a good example of thinking ahead and acting smart and that goes for all others that have done the same..
Do i want to enter my info on these sites ? and have i ? nope ..not once.
But it's the right thing to do with impending legal compliance in a lot of countries.. like the USA.
Financial services that ARE already regulated have to go through procedures like collecting user info.
If Bitcoin is suddenly with out warning deemed legal it WILL have regulations imposed swiftly such as requiring user info being collected
and are you all prepared ?

Maybe stick to being butthurt about NXT being exposed as a scam recently and your constant 24/7 Trolling and lying about Quark coin
and leave the intelligent and mature conversations to someone with half a brain ?
PS: anyone can go see the ANN topic for both coins and see one was an IPO / premine scam clone
and the other was released 100% fair /end of story.

Anyway it's not a cocky little smug, do I some allstar forum hero likes regulations or not.. it's an issue of it's probably coming and are you prepared ?
Just because some douche in mom's basement say no doesn't mean the governments care what we think.. they do what they want.
Yeah i actually had to say that ..sad
Stating the obvious to mouthy brats at Bitcointalk is like a full time job....

In reality the US government has already seized a Bank account full of money years ago from Mt Gox
And much more has been playing out too like Canada has released Bitcoin Tax guidelines..
So they already interfere with things as it is.. the difference is we have no regulation to protect us Right Now..
Who knows maybe if we had some regulation Mark may not have screwed people over with Mt. Gox or it would have been not so bad etc
And wouldn't you like to deal with exchanges and services that are held accountable ?
In the stock market Martha Stewart went to jail for insider trading and Berni Madoff and his crew went to jail for running a ponzi scheme..

In crypto a guy is free to make a premined clone coin then make a pool and then make an exchange
and then add that clone to all services at once and play dumb about it while dumping his premine
and lying about it all on forums with 60+ forum accounts (as one guy admitted to doing here recently)

So it seems to me you guys think no matter how bad people get screwed over and ripped off and lied to and scammed
you just carry right on with this Free market bullshit..
and it's seems sleazy making excuses to prey on the vulnerable and to say screw them and brag about your Lambo's.

the response here shows me most are blind and dumb and are going to get stream rolled soon and you guys couldn't care less.. i figured as much actually
..can't see past you daily clone pump and dump profits and associated bs propaganda and trolling games.

so hey just ignore me and keep your head buried in the ground guys.. i see where your priorities lie.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: