Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WHRL] WhirlCoin | WhirlPool Algorithm | Sloped Rewards |AMD + CUDA Equal  (Read 118062 times)
radus

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

i think you should rise the block reward to 1k, because having 1M block isn't really good

Are you suggesting changing the current function which starts at 100 and ends at 10 to 1000-100?

I'm not too keen on a hardfork but depending on whether people want it or not, I'll do it

or adding more than 100 to the block reward

No, just no. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
The current blockreward rate is good and very well balanced.

discodancer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:28:32 PM

People on the current exchanges are rather strange, selling at such low prices. Is someone even making money doing that?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:36:32 PM

i think you should rise the block reward to 1k, because having 1M block isn't really good

Are you suggesting changing the current function which starts at 100 and ends at 10 to 1000-100?

I'm not too keen on a hardfork but depending on whether people want it or not, I'll do it

there are too many blocks imho, supply cap/block reward ratio is wrong, reduce the supply at least...

this thing is dead anyway, it cost you nothing to try different solution
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:31:19 PM

there are too many blocks imho, supply cap/block reward ratio is wrong, reduce the supply at least...

dead or not, a hard fork 3 days after launch is complete non sense.
Everything was clear from the start (I mean 3 days ago...) nothing has changed, so people mining it knows what they are mining.
(people are deceived because there wasn't any instamine, I understand. And when there is one they complain because there was one...  Grin)
If the coin has to die, then let it dies. 

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:02:52 PM

dead or not, a hard fork 3 days after launch is complete non sense.
Everything was clear from the start (I mean 3 days ago...) nothing has changed, so people mining it knows what they are mining.
(people are deceived because there wasn't any instamine, I understand. And when there is one they complain because there was one...  Grin)
If the coin has to die, then let it dies. 

+1

this coin is just three days old. i don't see a problem with it yet, new algo keeps away multipools, and miners will be attracted more and more. it all depends on the dev if this coin dies or not. if he proves to be commited to this coin, it could be a good one in the future. but for the moment, stick to the specs, and just continue to work on features/usecases.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:30:33 PM

well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

well i just wanted to have a reason to mine this as i like it, but at this state i can't..diff is also inexplicably high, you can't even accumulate unless the price skyrocket to 10k(i doubt it)

I think it actually dropped. Surprisingly. Considering someone upgrade AMD hashrate recently.

But this coin got no special feature. New algo alone is not good enough.  I don't spend much mining time on this. My rigs got more promisingly coin to mine.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:42:18 PM

I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack over new coins)

Same applies for peoplecurrency actually.

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

I must admit, things are really strange lately. people throw huge hash power and dump way below electricity cost considering the resource they must use.
either they somehow get free electricity or they are trying some new kind of market manipulation which I don't understand.
(actually could be some sort of expensive unfriendly attack)

Same applies for peoplecurrency...

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:46:05 PM

Or maybe they have access to special hardware which allows them to mine very cheaply.
the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin
(and I assume fpga would use roughly the same power as a gpu)

djm34 facebook page
yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:48:33 PM

the coin has been released 3 days ago... so please don't start the asic hypothesis  Grin

I think it could be new technology hardware which allows them to configure to any algo within hours by their programmers.  

Something like GPU which u can configure new algo within hours if u work full time on it and is very experience programmer

We have AMD , CUDA , maybe there is some hidden GPU technology which is 10x better than AMD and CUDA hardware. 
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

i know some huge russian farm have free electricity, they still using the old magnet trick lol

I think it could be new technology hardware which allows them to configure to any algo within hours by their programmers.  

Something like GPU which u can configure new algo within hours if u work full time on it and is very experience programmer

We have AMD , CUDA , maybe there is some hidden GPU technology which is 10x better than AMD and CUDA hardware. 

lol the true is out there
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:01:04 PM

alien using quantum computer powered directly from fluctuation of the quantum vacuum ? (they don't even have that in Star Wars  Grin)

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later so that he has forgotten he has electricity to pay)

djm34 facebook page
yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:08:38 PM

alien using quantum computer powered directly from fluctuation of the quantum vacuum ? (they don't even have that in Star Wars  Grin)

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later)

So u are suggesting alien are mining coins ?

If true, Satoshi could be alien too. Which is why no one can identify who is satoshi

Maybe alien are preparing our planet to accept their currency. So that when they finally meet us , we can spend some BTC to buy alien GPU for mining

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:24:15 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 04:37:42 PM by djm34

Actually, the most probable hypothesis is certainly the moron hypothesis and bad skill in math... (and the fact that the electricity bill comes every months or much later)

So u are suggesting alien are mining coins ?

If true, Satoshi could be alien too. Which is why no one can identify who is satoshi

Maybe alien are preparing our planet to accept their currency. So that when they finally meet us , we can spend some BTC to buy alien GPU for mining

I expect lots of compatibility issues with the risers  (especially when I see how r2d2 plugs into the main frame...) Grin

djm34 facebook page
uray

Merit: 505

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:10:07 PM

you can use wind turbine to get free electricity (depending where ur location), the only value to spare is your time mining it and ur initial investment on that turbine
unclechicken

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:19:33 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 02:41:22 AM by unclechicken

I'm using the Whirlcoin AMD sgminer to mine this coin and my HW count keeps going up, the A count goes up slowly, and i'm mining on diff 0.007

Is this normal?

Joined a couple of pools, and those ones where you just log in with your WHRL address, the same happens.
canigetanipa

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:27:36 AM

Cool but why is no one buying this valuable innovative coin? WHRL is seriously the best most power efficient algo even better than x11.
yellowduck2

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:48:05 AM

Cool but why is no one buying this valuable innovative coin? WHRL is seriously the best most power efficient algo even better than x11.

New algo without any special feature wouldn't make it in today market. In the past yes, now no.

Look at fresh coin. New algo, with a bit more extra feature didn't even make it far.
nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:20:43 AM

New algo without any special feature wouldn't make it in today market. In the past yes, now no.

Look at fresh coin. New algo, with a bit more extra feature didn't even make it far.

But, due to the efficiency and parity between AMD and Nvidia, won't that make more people want to mine it & therefore use it? Why was Litecoin adopted over Bitcoin? The algorithm. If people want to mine it, people will want to buy it. I think it's just a matter of time untill it starts being traded
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: