Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares? interesting ! bullish  (Read 16356 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:12:21 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 08:56:04 PM by Come-from-Above

BitShares looks like VERY promising technology not sure about the ipo tho

what do u think brothers and sisters? Smiley

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

Biggest troll on Bitcointalk is advising people to get in, smh
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

Hi newbie account,  if u have nothing productive to say thats ok but please dont spam the topic with nonsense.

Thank u

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:39:29 PM

Hi newbie account,  if u have nothing productive to say thats ok but please dont spam the topic with nonsense.

Thank u

Hilarious how your behavior completely changed all of the sudden while you have been trolling and pissing people off as a hobby at Bitcointalk

jshow5555

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

Bitshares are one of the hottest topics right now, at least as a number of threads go.
 I knew it is just a matter of time before we see thread from the one and only

C~o~A  !!!

Cheesy

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:34:11 AM

Who's going to buy it after launch?
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:16:41 PM

Well that's it, really, isn't it? It sounds like a great investment, but have any companies actually pledged to use it? Do many companies even know about it?

It doesn't matter one iota that there's a lot of investor interest if there's next to no business interest.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:40:07 AM

http://bitshares.org/resources/ags-pts/
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Total Donated    5,434.94862399 BTC       (3,451,192.37623365 USD)
Total Donated    391,991.60152366 PTS    (1,799,241.45099359 USD)

intense IPO trust!  BitShares to the moon! Cool

~CfA~

Total IPO    5,468.31854053 BTC    (3,399,052.12160804 USD)

Total IPO   395,376.59786254 PTS  (1,723,841.96668067 USD)

TOTAL BTC+PTS -------> 5.12 million USD.

Shocked Shocked
to the stars and beyond!

~CfA~

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:53:28 AM

So what exactly is it ?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:53:45 AM

So what exactly is it ?

http://bitshares.org/

Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:47:49 PM

the site is very messy, can someone tell me how to buy/ where to buy/ and what is the current ratio ?
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:47:11 PM

Well that's it, really, isn't it? It sounds like a great investment, but have any companies actually pledged to use it? Do many companies even know about it?

It doesn't matter one iota that there's a lot of investor interest if there's next to no business interest.

It needs to attract investors more than businesses. It's offering a bank and an exchange. The exchange using collateralized postions lets people hold BitUSD, BitGold etc. on a blockchain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BV55IrZi7g (They call it BitShares in the video but that is all part of BitShares X, the whole ecosystem which includes a lot of businesses is called BitShares now.)

Many people don't want the variance of crypto-currencies and a lot of businesses working on tight margins can't afford not to exit straight to fiat even if they offer Bitcoin purchases. 'If' the peg holds then the businesses will come.

I agree they need to do a better job marketing and also putting into a customer friendly front end that has a format traders would be familiar with.

I think the comments by 100+ post members here 'What is it?' - 'The site is quite mess' etc. those are the things they need to work on.

In their defence they're starting a whole new ecosystem of businesses so it can be hard.  
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:53:54 PM

It needs to attract investors more than businesses. It's offering a bank and an exchange. The exchange using collateralized postions lets people hold BitUSD, BitGold etc. on a blockchain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BV55IrZi7g (They call it BitShares in the video but that is all part of BitShares X, the whole ecosystem which includes a lot of businesses is called BitShares now.)

Many people don't want the variance of crypto-currencies and a lot of businesses working on tight margins can't afford not to exit straight to fiat even if they offer Bitcoin purchases. 'If' the peg holds then the businesses will come.

I agree they need to do a better job marketing and also putting into a customer friendly front end that has a format traders would be familiar with.

I think the comments by 100+ post members here 'What is it?' - 'The site is quite mess' etc. those are the things they need to work on.

In their defence they're starting a whole new ecosystem of businesses so it can be hard.  
My first thought was also: what is it?

That is becouse we get some difficult things trown at our heads of which we don't even know what is is, at least explain your project so everyone can understand, you know?
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 04:39:15 PM by FandangledGizmo

the site is very messy, can someone tell me how to buy/ where to buy/ and what is the current ratio ?

The first main DAC is BitShares X - The Bank & Exchange.

It is built on their new DPOS blockchain. Both version 1.0 of the new blockchain and BitShares X are currently running well on a testnet.
Shares for these were allocated in an IPO that ended on 28/02/2014. (They were allocated 50% to holders of PTS and 50% to people who donated to AGS (How BitShares got their funding.)

Bter & BTC38 let people keep their PTS on the exchange and said they would honour the BitShares X allocation when it was launched.
A few days ago they started letting people buy and sell their allocations on their exchanges but obvioulsy if you buy BTSX now, you have to trust the exchange and you can't withdraw them as there is no BTSX wallet yet.

https://bter.com/trade/btsx_btc

Currently it is trading at a market valuation of 34 000 BTC which means imo people who donated who bought at the late stages of the IPO are actually in loss territory now, which isn't great, considering how long they've had their money tied up in crypto-terms. (To make it even more confusing Bter and BTC38 are working off a base of 4 Miilion units when there will now be 2 Billion - so it means the amounts you buying on the exchange will be muliplied by 500 to get the same % allocation.)

It could be an opportunity to grab a bargain though depending on how you feel about the concept and whether you can evaluate how their testnet is going.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5523.0            

- I think they're running 10 second block times at the moment, pretty impressive. They have this comparison chart (which is a work in progress) of the DPOS blockchain system. Though I've heard NXT say it is BitShares biased. I also don't like that they haven't put a transaction fee though my understandiing is it is >10X cheaper than all competitors except XRP but that's a centralised system.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

My first thought was also: what is it?

That is becouse we get some difficult things trown at our heads of which we don't even know what is is, at least explain your project so everyone can understand, you know?

Yeah, I think the technology though is really game changing the main guy Daniel Larimer is a genius imo, great economic sense as well, real visionary, I back him 100%. He just can't do all the things all the time. So I think areas like marketing are letting them down a bit though they are taking steps to address them, I've seen a big improvement in the last month.

Their FAQ is pretty good http://bitshares.org/faq/ as well as the BitShares Wiki http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page

BitShares X

Bitshares X is a family of DACs that implement the business model of a bank and exchange. These distributed autonomous credit unions could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. BitShares X offers a bank account that earns 5% interest where funds can be transferred in seconds anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account. Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud. All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks. Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in additional to national currencies.

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares X also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options. The bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays these transaction fees to the delegates and then shareholders by way of the Burn Rate. BitShares X can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible - irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming. The market capitalization of shares in this new bank will exceed two times the value of all balances in gold, silver, oil, and currency accounts. This requirement allows for 200% reserve collateralizing the value of all deposits in the bank.

Right now they are working on version 1.0, it is running well on a testnet, it will be released 'shortly'  with limited features

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0   (Dry run 8: Need for speed)

In the goal of launching a minimal viable product we have stripped features that would delay release and which complicate the system.  As such BitShares X has removed certain features:  Ripple Consensus, Interest on BitAssets, Escrow Transaction, Etc.    

BitShares in general http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/What_is_BitShares%3F

Bitshares looks to extend the innovation of the blockchain to all industries that rely upon the internet to provide their services. Whether its banking, stock exchanges, lotteries, voting, music, auctions or many others, a digital public ledger allows for the creation of distributed autonomous companies (or DACs) that provide better quality services at a fraction of the cost incurred by their more traditional, centralized counterparts. The advent of DACs ushers in a new paradigm in organizational structure in which companies can run without any human management and under the control of an incorruptible set of business rules. These rules are encoded in publicly auditable open source software distributed across the computers of the companies’ shareholders, who effortlessly secure the company from arbitrary control.

Bitshares does for business what bitcoin did for money by utilizing distributed consensus technology to create companies that are inherently global, transparent, trustworthy, efficient and most importantly profitable.

Through BitShares PTS and BitShares AGS anyone can get a share. AGS (Angel Shares) are shares in an angel fund that supports the research, development and creation of the BitShares technology. Those who support the fund are given public credit as 10,000 AGS shares are acknowledged each day, proportional to the amount donated. Bitshares PTS is a Bitcoin fork that allows you to mine and trade your support for the BitShares ecosystem. Both BitShares AGS and BitShares PTS comes with a social consensus that at least 10% of the total shares in all future BitShares blockchains should acknowledge the support given by the holders of AGS and PTS by providing an initial balance in the genesis block of each new chain.

* AGS donations only have 9 days left of 200 day donation period. http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

There a few snapshots/IPOS that will honour PTS that will be announced as soon as the new blockchain system is running I believe
BitShares Music, BitShares.P2P & BitShares Lotto are the main ones.

This a 2.5 min of some of the guys behind/working on it.  http://vimeo.com/98988328
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:41:33 PM

+10 for those sharing the info on a potentially very good investment.  I've been interested in looking at BitShares but I hesitated mainly because it seemed very complex and I wanted to give it time to sink in.  I look forward to checking out the links posted in this thread and just generally learning more about the IPO.  Thanks for the heads up and details folks.  Smiley
luzhaooleij3440

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:54:26 PM

BTS  my day
JohnHolmes

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:10:49 AM

+10 for those sharing the info on a potentially very good investment.  I've been interested in looking at BitShares but I hesitated mainly because it seemed very complex and I wanted to give it time to sink in.  I look forward to checking out the links posted in this thread and just generally learning more about the IPO.  Thanks for the heads up and details folks.  Smiley

I agree, thanks for the info guys. Bitshares is one of those investments that has a steep learning curve, but if you get over the complexity, it might actually be one of the big movers in 2015!
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

i would, should, could but i won't.

stacking coin
clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile