Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:34:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares? interesting ! bullish  (Read 16363 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

I agree, this is probably the biggest thing ever after the birth of Bitcoin. This could potentially be bigger than Bitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:15:13 AM

i would, should, could but i won't.

why not?

I'm interested in shares in the bitshares bank but its too late for that. Maybe ill pick some bank shares when it goes on the market. I also don't think bitshares has features which are significantly better than its close competitors.

stacking coin
clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:59:13 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 07:19:21 PM by clout

i would, should, could but i won't.

why not?

I'm interested in shares in the bitshares bank but its too late for that. Maybe ill pick some bank shares when it goes on the market. I also don't think bitshares has features which are significantly better than its close competitors.

You can purchase shares at bter.com and btc38.com. BitShares X is trading under the symbol BTSX. The order depth is very thin, however since these are only a small subset of the total share supply. If you are looking to capture a large stake, I would advise waiting for the official launch. However if you are looking to get a small position it might be wise to get in on these early deals.

As far as your assumption that bitshares does not have better features than its close competitors you are indeed misinformed. Block interval is 10 seconds. Block confirmation is 1 block (confirmation at 1 block using BitShare's Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS) is more secure than 6 block confirmation with bitcoin). The network can currently handle 10 TPS (DPOS will allow the network to scale up in the future to visa tps). BitShares allows users to create accounts that are stored on the blockchain so you do not have to send to a cryptographic public key, but instead are sending to names. Transactions automatically generate unique stealth address, which makes all transfers from accounts anonymous. There are more features in the pipeline but those are the features that have already been implement and tested for the past month. You can get a better sense of the comparative value of the BitShares platform at http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

screw ipo, we buy the coins cheaper at the open market if we want them, like always.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:37:22 PM

This is another copywrighting coin with a grand IPO.  This is a Mastercoin 2.0.

Does anyone think this will work out?  A lot of these copywrighting coins end up being ponzi schemes ran by wealthy investors who are begging subsequent investors (bagholders) to come in to buy their coin and it almost never works as nobody wants to contribute to a get quick rich scheme.

The people who invested into Mastercoin (which had a huge PR campaign and a huge developer team) would had made more money buying Doge, NxT and other coins.  The same is true for Maidsafe, all the balloons who bought Maidsafe would had made way way way more money off Darkcoin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:46:29 AM

screw ipo, we buy the coins cheaper at the open market if we want them, like always.

it is less risky to buy coins after the official launch. You might be passing up on some great bargains tho
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:09:10 AM

I was going to buy some but if the OP is in, im out Smiley

Just kidding I already have some from the PTS snap shot I mined about a 150 of them in a few days and got 1.3*150... I guess times that by 500x because they increased the supply from 4 shmill to 2 bill?
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:18:26 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 09:51:38 AM by hamiltino

This is another copywrighting coin with a grand IPO.  This is a Mastercoin 2.0.

Does anyone think this will work out?  A lot of these copywrighting coins end up being ponzi schemes ran by wealthy investors who are begging subsequent investors (bagholders) to come in to buy their coin and it almost never works as nobody wants to contribute to a get quick rich scheme.

The people who invested into Mastercoin (which had a huge PR campaign and a huge developer team) would had made more money buying Doge, NxT and other coins.  The same is true for Maidsafe, all the balloons who bought Maidsafe would had made way way way more money off Darkcoin.

Funny coming from you the biggest NEM fanboy of them all, promoting your own get rich quick scheme.

In regards to Maidsafe, i was following them before they even considred adding safecoins to the network, i am interested in the technology and the implications it has on the future of privacy. There technology and time in the business of decentralization is unmatched. There is no spurt of emotion that will change that fact.

If your interested in only profit, maybe start making your own coins so you can pump and dump them, its not very hard.

stacking coin
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:13:53 AM

Their FAQ is pretty good http://bitshares.org/faq/ as well as the BitShares Wiki http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page

+1

Just kidding I already have some from the PTS snap shot I mined about a 150 of them in a few days and got 1.3*150... I guess times that by 500x because they increased the supply from 4 shmill to 2 bill?

Yup.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:09:08 PM

You can't believe in bitcoin and in decentralization and not supporting or understand bitshares...

If bitcoin doesn't fail, bitshares is going to be HUGE!!!
rippleme

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:33:28 PM

With all the money they have collected they still have to release any actual working software. Bishares X? Keyhotee? Bitshares DNS?
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

With all the money collected, I have a small feeling it'll be the next Maidsafe instead of Bitcoin

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
FriendsOfBitshares

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:58:59 PM

The source is out on github.  The team of developers is public and not anonymous people on the internet. 

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Videos_and_Audio  Is a great place if you want to see the development team. 

IMO it is a lot more like NXT than either Mastercoin or Counterparty.  Both of which have to piggyback on Bitcoin and face the inherent limitations.

The source code has a public testnet that is quite active.  The initial release is soon which will make BTSX liquid.

The "IPO" aka donation period has been going on for 198ish days now.  It wasn't a flash sale.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:02:14 PM

With all the money they have collected they still have to release any actual working software. Bishares X? Keyhotee? Bitshares DNS?

Do they? They have the money. Now, it is up to them. Nobody can force them to do anything. They can decide the pace of the development.
CLains

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:45:55 PM

Guess what was just released..  Grin
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:45:51 PM

Guess what was just released..  Grin

Get ready for the price spike. All the naysayers are going to have a change of heart once they try it.
CLains

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

Just tried transfering some funds.. So smooth already, takes less than 10 sec for a full confirmation.. That breaks the barrier of feeling immediate transfers.. I know from experience people get annoyed waiting for the elevator if it takes more than 15 seconds.

Once exchanges etc. are up to speed and people start efficiently voting for Delegates, this will explode.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:52:47 PM

Just tried transfering some funds.. So smooth already, takes less than 10 sec for a full confirmation.. That breaks the barrier of feeling immediate transfers.. I know from experience people get annoyed waiting for the elevator if it takes more than 15 seconds.

Once exchanges etc. are up to speed and people start efficiently voting for Delegates, this will explode.

I'm loving the speed and having cool account names instead of huge public addresses. (How cool is it that you can just say send funds to a name! So much better for businesses, charities, marketing etc.)
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:28:42 PM

+10 for those sharing the info on a potentially very good investment.  I've been interested in looking at BitShares but I hesitated mainly because it seemed very complex

I got bored looking at it. If there is a reason for it to exist, I certainly did not grasp it, and the complexity bothered me too.

I'll pass.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:32:13 PM

+10 for those sharing the info on a potentially very good investment.  I've been interested in looking at BitShares but I hesitated mainly because it seemed very complex

I got bored looking at it. If there is a reason for it to exist, I certainly did not grasp it, and the complexity bothered me too.

I'll pass.

Exactly what many people STILL say about bitcoin  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: