Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:16:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares? interesting ! bullish  (Read 16362 times)
nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

obvious IPO on coin from known scammer is obvious.. Memory Coin guy who made Bitshares has the most scammy coin ever released !

I often think God is the truly sadistic creator. Putting us so close to  the truth and yet not giving us the eyes to see it.  

mavromixalakis

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:04:53 PM

Bitshares has not yet even started yet... give it 1 month and you will easily see it on the 2nd place...
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:32:26 PM

obvious IPO on coin from known scammer is obvious.. Memory Coin guy who made Bitshares has the most scammy coin ever released !

I often think God is the truly sadistic creator. Putting us so close to  the truth and yet not giving us the eyes to see it.  
lol, so funny and sad, yet true
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:42:40 PM

So because you sold your PTS it == IPO. K, got it. Wink

He had a point.. There were other ways to get in rather than sending Bitcoins/Protoshares to the AGS fund. Just because you didn't hold onto your PTS it doesn't mean Bitshares was purely an IPO.

Anyways.. The assumption that all IPO coins are a scam is a fallacy spread by people uneducated on the subject. Sure, some IPOs are certainly scams, but it doesn't mean all of them are. What people are doing is stereotyping when they make such statements. It's like when people say all Americans are idiots, or that all Rottweilers are vicious animals.
When exactly did I state this? I sold it for much more than you can get now or that you will get in the future. The tittle here says it's an IPO and so do many others so the supporters are claiming this as well.
Another funny thing in this thread is that the tittle isn't even spelled correctly and he's talking about smart people getting in.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:25:04 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 07:29:42 PM by CoinHoarder

So because you sold your PTS it == IPO. K, got it. Wink

He had a point.. There were other ways to get in rather than sending Bitcoins/Protoshares to the AGS fund. Just because you didn't hold onto your PTS it doesn't mean Bitshares was purely an IPO.

Anyways.. The assumption that all IPO coins are a scam is a fallacy spread by people uneducated on the subject. Sure, some IPOs are certainly scams, but it doesn't mean all of them are. What people are doing is stereotyping when they make such statements. It's like when people say all Americans are idiots, or that all Rottweilers are vicious animals.
When exactly did I state this? I sold it for much more than you can get now or that you will get in the future. The tittle here says it's an IPO and so do many others so the supporters are claiming this as well.
Another funny thing in this thread is that the tittle isn't even spelled correctly and he's talking about smart people getting in.

That wasn't the point. You are calling it an IPO when you could of mined Protoshares and just held onto them, instead you sold them. That way you would own part of BitshareSX, etcetera. Instead you sold your mined Protoshares and call Bitshares an IPO... It is kind of hypocritical because you could of mined and held Protoshares to get part of Bitshares DACs. Even though you sold PTS higher than it is now, I'd venture to say you would have made more in the long run by holding onto your PTS and taking part in the snapshots.

BitshareSX is on a pretty sick uptrend at the moment. I guess comefromabove sold all of his BitshareSX/Protoshares like the pump and dumper he is. That is why he changed the title of this thread. I think the joke is on him though.. Once bit assets come out price is going through the roof IMO.

Anyways.. Let's not bump this thread anymore, since comefrombabove changed the title to something completely different.

Edit: He changed the title back to its original title... I guess he bought back in.
themasknetwork

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

Biggest troll on Bitcointalk is advising people to get in, smh

90% of what he posts is plain BS, but this time he was right...big time. 

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:55:29 PM

People must be right, your a paid troll and incorrect yet again.

FreeTrade helped launch the Protoshare's qt client, he did not design ProtoShares or BitShares.

On second note, FreeTrade has also done more then you could ever dream of.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:17:22 AM

FreeTrade helped launch the Protoshare's qt client, he did not design ProtoShares or BitShares.

my comment was rock solid a thousand feet thick of concrete solid and i called it on day one !
i have made 100 fucking topics on this cunt scammer and went on and on and on and on with walls of text about it..
you idiots are retards and want to wear me out and hey congrats it's working..
i think of a wall of text to say and you guys say,
"no your a lair and a troll"
takes two seconds to say that and me an hour to type it up.. not too fair.

the fucking faggot FreeTrade is the most clever scammer in all of crypto.
one of his many coins is MemoryCoin and that was hands down the most complicated scam.. evil genius style lol

i called that fucker out last year when he released PTS and he deleted my comments called me a troll and played diversion games.
and then from there when i cornered him he just started lying his ass off..

i can lay it all out and go "show my work" so to speak but why bother ?
your all idiots and i have watched him play your ass's like a violin for ages
..morons  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
sportscliche

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:19:56 PM

Anyone contemplating an investment here simply must understand that BitsharesX is an experiment.  A highly speculative experiment.  Attaining a price peg using a prediction market with no threat of delivery or contract expiration date has never been successfully implemented before.  A blockchain is NOT required to set it up, so it could have been tried and tested anytime in the past 50 years on a centralized exchange.  The concept was discussed on these forums about a year ago and I'd advise potential investors to read through these posts carefully.  Convince yourself you understand how it is supposed to work before pulling the trigger.  There's a lot out there; here's a start:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279771.msg3282870#msg3282870
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423000.msg4621908#msg4621908
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325425.msg3610353#msg3610353

Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:09:47 PM

Anyone contemplating an investment here simply must understand that BitsharesX is an experiment.  A highly speculative experiment.  Attaining a price peg using a prediction market with no threat of delivery or contract expiration date has never been successfully implemented before.  A blockchain is NOT required to set it up, so it could have been tried and tested anytime in the past 50 years on a centralized exchange.  The concept was discussed on these forums about a year ago and I'd advise potential investors to read through these posts carefully.  Convince yourself you understand how it is supposed to work before pulling the trigger.  There's a lot out there; here's a start:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279771.msg3282870#msg3282870
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423000.msg4621908#msg4621908
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325425.msg3610353#msg3610353

BitShares went up close to 40% today alone. They must be doing something right or have someone with deep pocket to support it.

The points you listed above, are they the only characteristics of bitshares coin?
sportscliche

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:28:40 PM

BitShares went up close to 40% today alone. They must be doing something right or have someone with deep pocket to support it.

According to coinmarketcap.com, more than 80% of the recent trading volume has been in CNY, ie. Chinese currency.  And 98% of the total trading volume (CNY + BTC) is on two exchanges located in China.  Decide for yourself what this means, if anything.

The points you listed above, are they the only characteristics of bitshares coin?

The threads I linked above concern the concept known as BitsharesX and have no relevance for other altcoins.

I want to emphasize that I am not claiming BitsharesX won't work.  Only that it is an unproven concept that could have (should have?) been proven decades ago without blockchain technology.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

According to coinmarketcap.com, more than 80% of the recent trading volume has been in CNY, ie. Chinese currency.  And 98% of the total trading volume (CNY + BTC) is on two exchanges located in China.  Decide for yourself what this means, if anything.

[i3nikolai 6 points 13 hours ago]
bitshares has always been 70% china volume, back when only PTS was launched. Eastern market team has been significantly better up until only a few weeks ago. Many of the biggest players in the chinese crypto space (their analogue of andreas and voorheeves) have been big supporters all along. Heck, technically BTSX was launched by a chinese company.
Of course I'm not claiming it's definitely not a bubble, just that chinese volume is not necessarily an indicator that it is.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

According to coinmarketcap.com, more than 80% of the recent trading volume has been in CNY, ie. Chinese currency.  And 98% of the total trading volume (CNY + BTC) is on two exchanges located in China.  Decide for yourself what this means, if anything.

The threads I linked above concern the concept known as BitsharesX and have no relevance for other altcoins.

I want to emphasize that I am not claiming BitsharesX won't work.  Only that it is an unproven concept that could have (should have?) been proven decades ago without blockchain technology.

Dont understand why fresh fiat into crypto is an issue?  Huh

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

...so, is BitShares still using the same asset pegging scheme as described in this thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298677.0

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

...so, is BitShares still using the same asset pegging scheme as described in this thread?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298677.0

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Market_Peg

Discussions: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=5.0
sportscliche

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:17:34 PM

As far as I know, the Bitshares market pegging process has not changed since cunicula's thread was started in September 2013.  While a somewhat abrasive character, I have a lot of respect for cunicula's ability to identify the fraud of the Bitcoin Pirate bank.  The credibility is clearly there.  He/she should not be immediately dismissed as a trouble-making troll.
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:07:46 PM

FUD.
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:11:44 PM

my comment was rock solid a thousand feet thick of concrete solid and i called it on day one !
i have made 100 fucking topics on this cunt scammer and went on and on and on and on with walls of text about it..
you idiots are retards and want to wear me out and hey congrats it's working..
i think of a wall of text to say and you guys say,
"no your a lair and a troll"
takes two seconds to say that and me an hour to type it up.. not too fair.

the fucking faggot FreeTrade is the most clever scammer in all of crypto.
one of his many coins is MemoryCoin and that was hands down the most complicated scam.. evil genius style lol

i called that fucker out last year when he released PTS and he deleted my comments called me a troll and played diversion games.
and then from there when i cornered him he just started lying his ass off..

i can lay it all out and go "show my work" so to speak but why bother ?
your all idiots and i have watched him play your ass's like a violin for ages
..morons  Roll Eyes

So you get all butthurt when someone else doesn't prove their point but you don't have to?

Here's a quote of yours from earlier today:

"BULLSHIT !

Prove it or STFU."

Cheesy
sportscliche

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:43:51 PM

Also want to highlight this post by Vitalik Buterin, in which he discusses the double-edged sword of self-referencing price pegs (i.e. no explicit link to the real world) as BitsharesX is doing:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324830.msg3581512#msg3581512

I don't know enough about DPOS and whether it can implement the POS voting that Vitalik mentions or if it addresses cunicula's criticisms.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:22:37 AM

Nice blog article for an intro to BTSX:
http://bitcoinist.net/bitsharesx-i-join-the-grand-experiment-part-1-of-2/

From reading their forum, lots of action has been happening day and night.  Some interesting threads to watch:

Basically covers current bugs and no one will lose btsx due to bugs etc...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7823.0

Reassures that the market peg will come about no matter what as they have backup plans in place if required.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7843.0

It's nice to see their team provide updates and be upfront about current issues, incoming fixes, and general feedback to the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: