Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 07:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petamine what happened to mining any pool other than ghash!!  (Read 1145 times)
d57heinz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:50:58 PM

Hey Peta thought you guys went solo. or to p2pool.. guess your not too worried about the network are you??.. Dispicable!!!!  Move to another more honest pool that actually rewards you for the luck.  and doesnt have constant ddos..Eligius, Slush, btc guild just to name a few.. incase you've already forgotten I realize its been a whole 2 weeks!!

https://blockchain.info/address/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6

if this isn't Havelock address then my apologies!!

d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:19:33 PM

P2Pool has quirks. Among the most annoying is that proxies don't seem to work. It may be they can not easily switch.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:38:16 PM

The only issue they reported was with their BitFury miners, and they were working on that.  That's more than a week back, though - can't say I've spotted any update on that.

d57heinz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:30:29 PM

The only issue they reported was with their BitFury miners, and they were working on that.  That's more than a week back, though - can't say I've spotted any update on that.

Thanks for the link Steve.. I think in the meantime they should at the very least be on a pool that is more responsible to the bitcoin community..  When you cause the chaos that ghash.io seems to make then I would never support them.. I would appreciate Petamine work with the community I assure you, and you can ask ghash, that playing nice with the community goes a long way.   Thinking the article on the villains was missing one more!     http://www.coindesk.com/8-biggest-bitcoin-heroes-villains-2014-far/

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Here's the thing, though.. they can't just up and leave for some other pool.  There was a poll among their members, and those members overwhelmingly decided that switching to P2Pool is what should be done.  Presume that can't be done - at least for now - guess what the next most popular option in that poll was?  To stay where they were, at Ghash.io .  If they up and switched to some other pool, they would effectively be going against their poll - against people that basically pay them to act in those people's best interest and the only deciding voice they had on that was through that poll.

Now... I will certainly say that they probably should have done their homework first (though for all I know problems only pop up when at scale), or at least have had the poll give a fallback option in case the first choice didn't work out technically, ideologically, or logistically (say the pool shuts down for whatever reason)

But with the situation they're in, they can only do two things: 1. Work on getting things up and running on P2Pool asap (knowing there's some pressure on them to do so), or 2. Put up another poll to select a different pool yet again (and accept the chuckles and headshakes that will go with that display).
Given additionally that Ghash.io's share dropped quite a bit, option 1 is the logical choice.

At least, that's my point of view - they can always jump to some other pool anyway and tell their unit holders to deal with it Cool

d57heinz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:30:43 AM

Very good points Steve.. I manage 35 machines so I guess I can see what ya mean but youd think it would be hooked into a proxy so if the pool goes down they don't have to switch 100 machines or more..  I guess just little angry over the constant bs coming from ghash.. the lack of transparancy there should be enough to curb anyone from mining there..anyway ill stop with the rant:)  Thanks for your input and Philip's:)

73's
d57heinz

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:20:54 PM

Just to follow up on this - looks like Petamine opted for the second-most popular choice in their poll; stay at Ghash.io.

End June we decided, after passing a vote, to switch to p2pool because of the risk of ghash.io reaching 51% of the network. In the meantime this risk has disappeared with ghash.io having a marketshare of 27%. Besides that, the Bitfury systems are not compatible with p2pool and the variance on the daily payouts would be enormous.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: