Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:22:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Platypus  (Read 15548 times)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

This isn't funny my brother was addicted to platypi and died from an overdose. I saw his dealer at the funeral and he was already selling again. It makes me sick that you guys do these kinds of things without thinking of how addiction can ruin a family.

hi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Satori

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:40:28 PM

Jeez Mushroomized, how pure are they selling them where you are?  If it's anything like over here, they've been cut with leopard or even dolphin by the time they get to the street.  You're lucky if you get one that doesn't have a dorsal fin.

I feel for your loss, but from here it sounds more like your brother likely didn't overdose per se, quite so much as miss when he tried to get the spurs to dig into a vein.  It's difficult to get a decent aim when the little guys are thrashing around that hard in your arms trying to get away.  Sometimes people will have a rogue spur jab them right in the jugular, and then it's game over for real.

I wish you'd consider giving lectures at schools.  You'd be an obvious person to give them, and it's a message a lot of kids need to hear.  When I notice the kids today doing the "duckface" trying to score a little 'pus, I wish they knew better what they were getting into, and that their parents knew the warning signs.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:46:36 PM

Jeez Mushroomized, how pure are they selling them where you are?  If it's anything like over here, they've been cut with leopard or even dolphin by the time they get to the street.  You're lucky if you get one that doesn't have a dorsal fin.

I feel for your loss, but from here it sounds more like your brother likely didn't overdose per se, quite so much as miss when he tried to get the spurs to dig into a vein.  It's difficult to get a decent aim when the little guys are thrashing around that hard in your hands trying to get away.  Sometimes people will get a rogue spur right in the jugular, and then it's game over for real.

I wish you'd consider giving lectures at schools.  You'd be an obvious person to give them, and it's a message a lot of kids need to hear.  When I notice the kids today doing the "duckface" trying to score a little 'pus, I wish they knew better what they were getting into, and that their parents knew the warning signs.
Amen. The palatypi I can score has been stepped on so many times it 's hard to know what your getting. On the street dealers will sew a duck bill onto a beaver and sell it to kids!  What is the world coming to when you cant trust a street dealer.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:49:49 PM

I still like how the first discussion in this thread was about that one guys btc-otc account..

hi
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 10:05:24 PM

I still like how the first discussion in this thread was about that one guys btc-otc account..
I've got ratings now, though!

silverbox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:19:59 PM

ProTip: Platypi hatch from eggs, which are much easier to ship.  The eggs take 10 days to hatch.

Sure you could label it some other species and pay for whatever Super Awesome Ultra Deluxe Shipping they have.

My friend loves this idea. 

Does the egg need oxygen?  or to be a certain temperature?  or to have near sea level pressure on it?
Satori

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 03:30:44 AM

ProTip: Platypi hatch from eggs, which are much easier to ship.  The eggs take 10 days to hatch.

Sure you could label it some other species and pay for whatever Super Awesome Ultra Deluxe Shipping they have.

My friend loves this idea. 

Does the egg need oxygen?  or to be a certain temperature?  or to have near sea level pressure on it?

Welp, I didn't mean to convey the idea that I'm a Platypus Egg Expert or anything.   Smiley

As I understand it, eggs don't need oxygen because there's a little air bubble in them at one end.  If you think about chicken eggs, you'll get what I mean.

They absolutely need to be kept warm, which is probably the biggest concern.  Particularly if you're having them shipped Air, which is the fastest.  They'll be at high altitudes and low pressure.

And keeping them free from jostling is going to be important.  Label them Fragile, obviously.  Someone I was reading online had been shipping chicken eggs using egg carton holders, on the top and the bottom, and with a lot of bubble wrap and styrofoam and tape around that assembly.  Evidently they'd been shipped just fine.  Of course, he was talking about a percentage of the eggs that made it and lived; keep that in mind in terms of your friend's case with attempting just a single egg.  No idea how he managed with the warmth factor, but I doubt he was sending chicken eggs trans-continental over the oceans.  It was probably within the same country, reducing both the time in transit and the duration at high altitudes.

I'd think those prolonged chemical warming packs that campers use might be good, but somehow I doubt they'd last for two or three days.

Your friend has a lot of research to do on this before proceeding.  I don't have all the answers.  I would also think that if your friend isn't willing to do the online research needed first, they probably lack the interest and involvement that's needed to take care of the platypus once it arrives anyway.  It would involve quite a lot of forethought, as I'd mentioned before.  Any word on how they'd deal with the fact that males are poisonous, in a country where a trip to the vet - or the emergency room if necessary - simply wouldn't be an option for them?  Or the unfamiliar germs and virii problem?

Be well,

- Satori
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:50:13 AM

Yeah it seems like the trick is a pressurized/heated container..  I wonder how similar chicken eggs are to Platypi.  My friend thinks that trial runs of Chicken eggs could be beneficial to determing if it would work for Platypi..
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:50:56 AM

Yeah it seems like the trick is a pressurized/heated container..  I wonder how similar chicken eggs are to Platypi.  My friend thinks that trial runs of Chicken eggs could be beneficial to determing if it would work for Platypi..
I'd like to see you airmail a pressurized container. No wait, it wouldn't even be allowed on the plane. Roll Eyes

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:13:28 PM

aerosol can's aren't allowed in checked luggage?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:15:30 PM

Only small ones, that don't have inbuilt heating aparatus. Tongue

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 05:53:55 PM

Where have you been since 2001?

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:35:52 PM

I've checked in aerosol cans on multiple occasions since 2001.

In 2001, I bought a Swiss army knife in the airport (after passing through the security check), and took it in my hand luggage one four subsequent flights.

silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 03:54:18 PM

Only small ones, that don't have inbuilt heating aparatus. Tongue

Blah!!  It seems like a big one with space shuttle insulation could work!!
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:21:07 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 02:44:05 PM by silverbox

I've checked in aerosol cans on multiple occasions since 2001.

In 2001, I bought a Swiss army knife in the airport (after passing through the security check), and took it in my hand luggage one four subsequent flights.

Swiss army knives are very dangerous.. mm'kay..
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:34:08 AM

I've read this entire thread with the hope of seeing an image of a platypus, but no joy, hence this post.

silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 02:42:17 PM

I've read this entire thread with the hope of seeing an image of a platypus, but no joy, hence this post.

Awww, I sent that pic to my friend!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 02:52:30 PM

Im in Australia and I could get a platypus. But I would never send it out of the country because it would never survive.

Smiley

silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:00:30 PM

Im in Australia and I could get a platypus. But I would never send it out of the country because it would never survive.

Smiley

I'm sure a habitat could be constructed outside of Aussieland where a Platypus would thrive!!
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:29:16 PM

Smiley

I'm sure a habitat could be constructed outside of Aussieland where a Platypus would thrive!!

I'd think a habitat where an otter would thrive, would be good for platypi as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: