Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:38:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove details from Google search results  (Read 613 times)
Don007 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

Hi Bitcointalkers,

I know it's possible these days to remove specific search results of Google that show up when you search specific keywords.  When you Google my real name, you will see some personal details on top of the search results I would really like to be deleted. It's a very old post of me on a (now inactive) forum, which has been edited by the moderator at that time. 

Does anyone know how I can get these details out of the search results of Google? I've e-mailed all the related party's to this forum but none is answering (neither reacting), and now this search result is really harming me in my real life (as I'm sure you can believe if you know where this post at this forum has been changed to).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:07:37 PM

It only affects EU countries, google.com is not censored, and there's a message some results were omitted in the country specific search, so removing that entry might not solve your problem...

Don007 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:14:56 PM

As I live in the EU I think deleting that search result can be really effective.

The forum I'm talking about is completely dead since many years now, but it still shows up at Google. Probably because people click on it while searching my name (because it's on top of the search results) and, by that, it still gets clicks.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:21:17 PM

As I live in the EU I think deleting that search result can be really effective.

The forum I'm talking about is completely dead since many years now, but it still shows up at Google. Probably because people click on it while searching my name (because it's on top of the search results) and, by that, it still gets clicks.

Oh, I had the impression it was this forum...

Don't you just have to contact Google somehow and request the entry to be removed?

Don007 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Oh, I had the impression it was this forum...

Don't you just have to contact Google somehow and request the entry to be removed?

It's all about an old inactive forum, not related to BitcoinTalk but I thought there would be someone over here that can help me.

I don't know who to contact, or how to contact Google about that.  I've read some information about this feature (to remove results) but it appears they only move results if it contains really important personal details etc.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:38:15 PM

Ok, I guess you can contact the European Data Protection people or search their website, the answer you're looking for might be somewhere in there.

https://secure.edps.europa.eu/EDPSWEB/edps/EDPS/Contact/pid/156

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: