Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help me on POS mining?  (Read 1223 times)
bingo5555 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:08:15 AM

I created my own altcoin by cloning from another POW+POS altcoin.  Everything goes smoothly except for the POS minting.

For quickly figuring out how POS works, I have change follow four variables in main.cpp & main.h before building this altcoin.

1.  LAST_POW_BLOCK = 100;  // POW mining stops at the 100 block   

2.  nStakeMinAge = 10 * 60;  // POS mint starts when holding coins over 10 mins

3.  MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 10 * COIN;  // 1000% annual interest

4.  MODIFIER_INTERVAL_SWITCH = 50;  // POS starts at the 50 block

POW mining was pretty successful. 100 POW blocks created on my schedule.   

The only problem now is the POW minting.  At the right corner of my wallet, it says as following:

Staking
Your weight is 745276
Network weight is 0
Excepted time to earn reward is 0 seconds

One whole day almost passed, the weight is keep increasing.  My wallet still couldn't find a POS block.

Anyone can tell me how can I find a POS block ASAP?  Anything I need to change in the source code?   
bingo5555 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:27:30 AM

bump  Cry
bingo5555 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:17:17 PM

bump for help   Cry Cry Cry
PereguineBerty

Activity: 109
Merit: 35

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:26:20 PM

Out of interest, have you got any nodes set up or does your network just consist of a PC running a wallet?
bingo5555 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:25:33 AM

Thanks for your reply.  Two nodes already set up. I've mined 100 POW blocks already.

But, where's my POS block?   Maybe I have to wait an altcoin dev to help me out.
kurdcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

having the same issue 2 years later ,, did you solve it?
Edwardbn

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:47:56 AM

I believe you didn't complete your studies on the argument... Smiley
If/when ETH goes POS, every miner and their pets will move on other GPU minable alt-coins, and due to their low market capitalization (ie: the ETC, the best/biggest candidate to be mined, has only 6% market cap of the ETH), the instant injection of a huge amount of hashing rate, will pump the difficulty to the sky and in a couple of days the profit will collapse to the point that it will not be profitable anymore, because the price will not follow, since none of the other coins have the fame and solidity of the ETH or the BTC's, instead it will happen the opposite: you need to dump faster trying to earn something before the collapse.
The above will apply to every other currency out there, and less market capitalization the coin has, faster the profit will crash.
In theory the only crypto-currency that could assorbe a such huge mining power injected in a single day is the ETH itself and the BTC ...every other isn't big enough to sustain it, neither if you spread the hash-rate across them all.
The above doesn't mean that everything is lost, there could be other opportunities to use the power we have.. but forget to just jump on another currency (no matter what it is) and continue to mine like nothing has happened.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: