Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin is nothing  (Read 2113 times)
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:24:53 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 07:31:33 PM by just_me

Jesus is LOrd

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:29:01 AM

God can change electricity
Reliable citation needed.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:37:25 AM

Yeah, and so can any fiat currency! What's your point???
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:39:10 AM

This has got to be the most far-fetched opening post I think I've ever seen!

You talking Christian God?  What if the Christian God decides to "change" electricity?  Does that affect Hindu or Buddhist electric as well?

I have faith God will keep electricity just the way it is for sometime to come :p

bongobirdie

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:43:44 AM

Thanks for the laugh; it's been a long night.

Regarding my position on this topic:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkGQkOAFoQ

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:47:16 AM

I think a greater threat would be a huge emp device rendering everything electrical useless then bitcoin will become worthless as well as all alt coins.
FlowerMatt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:53:30 AM

Heard about a cell phone client that would make a ad-hoc connection to another phone to transfer bitcoins without the rest of the network.

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:01:46 AM

Well, some of us believe the holy bible is probably the most reliable source for information
The Bible provides good support for the claim that bats are birds, that pi is 3, and that the Earth does not move in space. It is an undeniable fact that humans have a mixed track record of extracting truths from it.

In any event, this would seem to be the kind of thing that god never, ever does, regardless of how good the reasons for doing so might be -- like making an amputee regrow a limb. He didn't stop Hitler or the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan, it seems unlikely he's going to stop Bitcoin.

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:06:13 AM

Now, it makes sense, that when Jesus tells a demon to 'come out of the man' then the demon almost always or always must obey Jesus, because Jesus is above all of that in the hierarchy of Gods creation.
You don't seem to understand that making things up and asserting them as facts is not a form of argument. You are welcome to believe whatever you want, but if you want to cite your beliefs to others, you have to back them up with evidence and arguments. "I have chosen to believe X" is not an argument for the truth or validity of X.

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:21:37 AM

As likely as TV series "Revolution" coming true. I thought you are going to say something more technical like a vulnerability in SHA256.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:37:11 AM

The laws of math are as eternal and immutable as God. Bitcoin is math. Therefore, Bitcoin is the Law of God.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:40:24 AM

There actually was a debate which proved Gods existence, here at bitcointalk, which I didn't really need, but might help others to logically believe via reason.
There's certainly no point in trying to reason with someone who begins by abandoning reason. I'll just keep warning others that while it may appear that you are reasoning with them, you have in fact conceded that you aren't. I ask only that you be clear about this and not pretend that you are reasoning with people when you have begun by consciously electing not to do so.

mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:46:30 AM

Without outside confirmation you'd be vulnerable to double-spending. There's a reason you have to wait for confirmations to consider a transaction confirmed.
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:49:39 AM

I'm not sure I follow the same logic as the OP, but I try to keep an open mind about bitcoin, being quite new and experimental and all. There's still plenty of time for bitcoin to head to zero. :trollface

Bynavama

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:52:35 AM

I saw an article that mentioned that the total electricity being used for the Bitcoin network was over half of what the Large hadron collider uses. I found this a bit shocking, I had no idea it was this much.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

The laws of math are as eternal and immutable as God. Bitcoin is math. Therefore, Bitcoin is the Law of God.

Making up your own rules? Why not refer to the holy bible and find a scripture that backs what you just said? Because you won't find it in the holy bible, that is why.

'the laws of math....etc....' that isn't in the holy bible....

But if I make reference to the word of God, then I am referring to the highest authority, the most high God.

I am making references to Gods Living Word.

Gods word is alive

You may be the biggest wack job of all time.  You must, and I repeat must be kidding with this shit.

If God had words he wished to speak he would SPEAK them.  The bible is not god's word you dope.  You have brain damage.  You are lost and confused and anyone who tries to rationalize the world by carrying around a book written by primitive man in the desert who thought God put two lights in the sky, one for evening and one to light the day. And this was the sun and moon a few days after plants.

You are a fool.  I am not being nice Christians anymore.  They are welcome to believe their Zombie Jesus is coming back (can't, he's dead, we have laws in this world and unfortunately for all of us including Jesus, when you die, you don't come back.  It's dirt nap time.) But Jesus aint coming back and God is not cutting electricity.  God does not like animal sacrifice because of the sweet savory smell.... PEOPLE DO

God does not think women are unclean for 7 days , MEN DID

God did not okay slavery, MEN DID

God did not make bitcoin, MEN DID

God does not write books, MEN DO

God clearly made idiots... clearly

VERY CLEARLY
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:57:38 AM

Making up your own rules? Why not refer to the holy bible and find a scripture that backs what you just said? Because you won't find it in the holy bible, that is why.

'the laws of math....etc....' that isn't in the holy bible....

But if I make reference to the word of God, then I am referring to the highest authority, the most high God.

I am making references to Gods Living Word.

Gods word is alive
Nowhere in the Bible does it mention where He created it, yet math is mentioned in Scripture. That means math existed before creation. Of course, I am talking about Scripture, not Gospel. You may interpret His Holy Word any way you wish.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:58:05 AM

I saw an article that mentioned that the total electricity being used for the Bitcoin network was over half of what the Large hadron collider uses. I found this a bit shocking, I had no idea it was this much.

Well, I mean consider how much electricity it takes to power the banks of the world, the ACH system, and all the computer infrastructure supporting them and the fiat-denominated securities markets, and I'm sure you'd have a sum possibly orders of magnitude greater.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:00:58 AM

How much electricity is the hadron collider using? ( I worried a little about that thing, thinking that maybe they might make a big explosion, or do some kind of cross-dimensional time-warping or strange wierd stuff, like the philadelphia experiment)

Go somewhere else with your Jesus crap.  The guy was a liar or retard or didn't exist.  HE CLEARLY WASN'T GOD.

Joel Osteen called, he wants his straight jacket back.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:02:24 AM

How much electricity is the hadron collider using? ( I worried a little about that thing, thinking that maybe they might make a big explosion, or do some kind of cross-dimensional time-warping or strange wierd stuff, like the philadelphia experiment)

Dated 2007, but:

http://lhc-machine-outreach.web.cern.ch/lhc-machine-outreach/faq/lhc-energy-consumption.htm

Says the LHC in and of itself is expected to use 41 PJ/yr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: