Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you must Dice, do it on one without an investment option, you get scammed  (Read 1732 times)
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:53:24 AM

So basically every dice site that has an investment option, if you win or find a flaw in THEIR PROGRAMMING they reverse the bets and you lose. Just look at PRC. Look at that other one that ran off with 250+ BTC.

Simply put, as a player if you win big, you don't win big. They cancel your bets or find some way to say they were wrong and you 100% definitely knew you had an edge (you can't just be lucky) and thus you lose all you're winnings.

SO THUS, DONT play on sites with house investments.

Honestly, take it from my own experiences (5 BTC to 75 BTC to 0 BTC in one session) DONT DICE AT ALL.

And definitely don't dice on Primedice, the most rigged site ever (yeah you still havent changed the problem i pointed out a year ago in your "fair" system)

If you must dice, I'd say coinroll.it. But again, I don't dice anymore and neither should you...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:55:03 AM

Oh and I'd say Just-Dice would be the way to go, however they shut down. But at least every payout was immediate or at least semi-immediate and there was no reversing rolls (except the one situation...)

Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:57:43 AM

Look at that other one that ran off with 250+ BTC.

You mean Everydice?

And definitely don't dice on Primedice, the most rigged site ever (yeah you still havent changed the problem i pointed out a year ago in your "fair" system)

Would you mind elaborating it a bit?

BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:02:52 AM

house always win .....  Tongue

and maybe we should ask if all betting site was provably fair or probably fair  Grin

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:40:16 AM

So basically every dice site that has an investment option, if you win or find a flaw in THEIR PROGRAMMING they reverse the bets and you lose. Just look at PRC. Look at that other one that ran off with 250+ BTC.

Simply put, as a player if you win big, you don't win big. They cancel your bets or find some way to say they were wrong and you 100% definitely knew you had an edge (you can't just be lucky) and thus you lose all you're winnings.

Why would you say such things?

Just-Dice ran for over a year and saw some players win huge amounts.

Just-Dice never reversed a single bet other than the ones made by nakowa with coins that we accidentally left in his account after he made a manual withdrawal.

Players get lucky all the time, and a reputable site won't reverse their bets when they do.

It's true that it seems like very few sites are capable of making a working copy of the Just-Dice model, but that doesn't mean the concept itself is flawed.

Whether or not a site has an "invest" feature, it's pretty likely the site has investors. Do you think coinroll is bankrolled entirely by its owner? Coinroll almost certainly has "investors" providing the bankroll, to whom the site owners are accountable. Just because they don't offer the opportunity to the public doesn't mean they don't have investors to keep happy, so I don't see why you would make this distinction.

A better rule of thumb would be "don't trust untrustworthy sites" - but that's much trickier to apply.

Edit:

Oh and I'd say Just-Dice would be the way to go, however they shut down. But at least every payout was immediate or at least semi-immediate and there was no reversing rolls (except the one situation...)

I just read your 2nd post. It contradicts your first post.

Why say "don't play on sites with 'invest' feature" and then go on to say "JD is the way to go", when JD has the 'invest' feature, and in fact invented it?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:45:57 AM

well, it seems bitmixer runs a signature campaign  Grin

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:04:00 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 07:25:34 PM by sherbyspark

PRCDice is new. And just like any business there can be problems or errors.
victorhing
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1123

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:09:02 AM

We don't have any investment option. What we do have is slick, user-friendly interface and great sound effects Smiley https://coinroyale.com/dice

Many of our players prefer our Dice game than other Dice sites because of the better user experience.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:48:46 PM

investment or not, doesn´t matter.

The biggest site ever (just-dice) had investment. The second biggest (primedice) did not have investment

I think sites with investment can be great because more people benefit from it, and sites that do not allow investment are run by 1 or 2 people only and only they profit.
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:56:45 PM

well, it seems bitmixer runs a signature campaign  Grin

Yeah, it does lol. Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425135.0

FastBluff

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

https://fastbluff.com/

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

https://fastbluff.com doesn't have investments yet, but this is keeping our users from betting alot, and actually is one of the most requested features.

bigbigdog

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

which dice do you recommend that accepts dogecoin?
dogedice.me

Activity: 776
Merit: 522

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:46:43 PM

https://www.dogedice.me/ Wink

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
insulting_robot

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:21:19 PM

> ...

> this is the insulting robot

> the insulting robot never understood why human dice at all

> why are humans fascinated by the random responses of a betting site?

> to avoid any programming and fairness issues bet on real world events that are both more interesting and verifiable by everyone

bigbigdog

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

https://www.dogedice.me/ Wink

Thanks! Will check it out
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:21:21 AM

Just-Dice never reversed a single bet other than the ones made by nakowa with coins that we accidentally left in his account after he made a manual withdrawal.

Players get lucky all the time, and a reputable site won't reverse their bets when they do.

It's true that it seems like very few sites are capable of making a working copy of the Just-Dice model, but that doesn't mean the concept itself is flawed.

Whether or not a site has an "invest" feature, it's pretty likely the site has investors. Do you think coinroll is bankrolled entirely by its owner? Coinroll almost certainly has "investors" providing the bankroll, to whom the site owners are accountable. Just because they don't offer the opportunity to the public doesn't mean they don't have investors to keep happy, so I don't see why you would make this distinction.

A better rule of thumb would be "don't trust untrustworthy sites" - but that's much trickier to apply.

Edit:

Why say "don't play on sites with 'invest' feature" and then go on to say "JD is the way to go", when JD has the 'invest' feature, and in fact invented it?

KoS, I really hope you'll respond to dooglus's post.  Why do you think a public invest feature has any relation to how rigged the site is?  The most rigged site I ever played on, it didn't even claim to be provably fair, didn't allow public investment.

Also, it would be great if you linked to your critique of primedice and why it is the "most rigged site ever."  While it is clearly rigged 1% in the house favor, it seems way better than many others I've played on.

I agree that JD was the gold standard for dice sites.  I hope dooglus can get it up somewhere where he is comfortable.  I also agree that if you are not having fun you should not be playing rigged games for money.

Good Luck!
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:12:44 AM

Edit:

KoS, I really hope you'll respond to dooglus's post.  Why do you think a public invest feature has any relation to how rigged the site is?  The most rigged site I ever played on, it didn't even claim to be provably fair, didn't allow public investment.

Also, it would be great if you linked to your critique of primedice and why it is the "most rigged site ever."  While it is clearly rigged 1% in the house favor, it seems way better than many others I've played on.

I agree that JD was the gold standard for dice sites.  I hope dooglus can get it up somewhere where he is comfortable.  I also agree that if you are not having fun you should not be playing rigged games for money.

Good Luck!
Let me reword my post...I think just-dice was the best site to play with if you HAD to dice. I lost a ton when dicing in the far past so I would advise NO ONE to dice. Now that just-dice is gone, there is no site with investment left to be trusted. One, any site owner can go and slowly drain the bankroll on his own. Doog could've done that himself for 100 coins over the lifetime of just-dice for example and no one would notice 100 coins missing or suspect anything. If doog could do it, anyone could (doubt doog did though).

As for why primedice is rigged, it has been pointing out multiple times that there is a flaw in the way primedice generates its seed. Instead of having a seed that is locked in all day, the seeds of everything changes EVERY roll. Thus, if you are someone who never changes the client seed, primedice can easily rig all 3 seeds to roll a certain way if you always bet low or always bet high or alternate. Betting patterns are easy to see and interpret. When this was pointed out to Stunna, many people argued for change. Stunna said it would be changed. However, stunna announced couple months back that this change was not going to happen actually. So thus, if you fail to change the client seed, you're rolls are not provably fair and can easily be changed to being a loser.

Its interesting too - the only "site is rigged" or whatever posts that show up are always of an incredible unluckiness over multiple streaks on primedice. Those users generally always go high or low and aren't randoming their selections. You don't see threads for coinroll.it or just-dice rigged ever when they were just as popular a year ago and it makes me and others wonder why. There was a multi page thread on how primedice is not provably fair.

wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:46:18 AM

Honestly, take it from my own experiences (5 BTC to 75 BTC to 0 BTC in one session) DONT DICE AT ALL.

If you must dice, I'd say coinroll.it. But again, I don't dice anymore and neither should you...

You are right.

The even worse part is that, in a house with investment option, there could be some inside job, like what JD did with the nakowa account.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:41:52 AM

The even worse part is that, in a house with investment option, there could be some inside job, like what JD did with the nakowa account.

Two things:

1) this wouldn't affect players at all - this thread is about "don't play on sites with 'investment'" but it doesn't make any sense

2) nakowa wasn't an "inside job"

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:13:54 AM

Two things:

1) this wouldn't affect players at all - this thread is about "don't play on sites with 'investment'" but it doesn't make any sense

2) nakowa wasn't an "inside job"

You can never argue with the conspiracy theorists, as you have no way to prove "it is not an inside job". Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: