Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Send Wallet Feature: development  (Read 1435 times)
fuzzbuzz (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:46:36 AM

If this isn't currently offered, I'm willing to pay for the coding required to make it happen. 

The project to is build a wallet that allows auto sending.

The setup includes selecting two addresses ( from : to) , the amount of sending, frequency ( hourly,daily,weekly, monthly,quarterly,annually), duration ( length of autosend contract).  It would be nice to team up with electrum, multibit or armory for them to commit the feature once its complete.

Post your ideas as well,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:47:35 AM

The wallet would have to always be online for this to happen, unless the blockchain somehow allows for transactions to take place after a certain amount of time. Even in the latter case, the wallet would have to go back online every so often.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:39:21 AM

It can allready done with the bitcoin core client, wallet- and blocknotify and external scripts like coinrelay
see e.g. here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zxltw/coinrelay_a_scripting_language_to_control/

Not sure why you would need that within your wallet.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
fuzzbuzz (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:13:22 AM

The wallet would have to always be online for this to happen, unless the blockchain somehow allows for transactions to take place after a certain amount of time. Even in the latter case, the wallet would have to go back online every so often.

Since the auto send payments are timelined, the wallet app can run in the background offline and go online when making the payment.
fuzzbuzz (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:07:41 PM

can a developer quote and contact me for this small project. I want it friendly for users without the need of scripts. A no technical way is a must.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

This sounds interesting, I may implement this just for fun.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
fuzzbuzz (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:48:50 AM

thanks for comment, ya its simple and I was kinda shocked that every wallet developer hasn't considered this simple option.

New feature - if Wallet A received a new deposit within x of time auto send to new wallet B address.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:36:39 PM

can a developer quote and contact me for this small project. I want it friendly for users without the need of scripts. A no technical way is a must.

Let me clear up what exactly you want: Do you want standalone desktop app, or web-wallet service?

It would be easy to make an online service which would do this, but you have to either get the address which should be forwarded from that site, or you have to submit the private key to it in order to sign the transaction once the BTCs are received.

If you want standalone desktop app, which operating systems are you targeting?
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:03:27 PM

thanks for comment, ya its simple and I was kinda shocked that every wallet developer hasn't considered this simple option.

New feature - if Wallet A received a new deposit within x of time auto send to new wallet B address.

The reason you haven't seen either implemented in a widespread fashion is because both features are extremely insecure.  You're actually seeing a move within the bitcoin industry in the complete opposite direction.  There are no private keys at all stored online anymore, making these features impossible.
SloRunner

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:24:45 PM

I could do it, but i will need online wallet, multiple acc's (1/user), cronjob to send money, and i would need to code signature checker (you will be able to manage funds only with legit wallet/address signature)

What do you think about it?

fuzzbuzz (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:59:16 AM

Let me clear up what exactly you want: Do you want standalone desktop app, or web-wallet service?

It would be easy to make an online service which would do this, but you have to either get the address which should be forwarded from that site, or you have to submit the private key to it in order to sign the transaction once the BTCs are received.

If you want standalone desktop app, which operating systems are you targeting?

standalone desktop app.

OS: windows , but should be available for linux. Since this project is working within a current wallet app, lets see what is possible.  thank you for the above comments as well. I have 1 quote to implement the autoSend feature within the Electrum Wallet.

Brief Summary:

Feature allows auto sending within a standalone desktop app for Windows Operating System

UI Features:
1 - selecting two addresses ( from : to)

2- the amount of sending

3 - frequency ( hourly,daily,weekly, monthly,quarterly,annually)

4 - duration ( length of autosend contract). like monthly contract

Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: