Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX account closed  (Read 4922 times)
LeChatNoir (OP)

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:48:47 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 10:18:32 PM by LeChatNoir

I see my account has been closed and i have no idea why they did that since my behavior has always been good with them in the past months. I had a liquidity provider bot running on their exchange and more then 25K $ deposited. I just found out other people had serious issues with them in the past so this looks very fishy and i seriously think they're running a scheme over there.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO NOT DEPOSIT FUNDS ON CAMPBX UNTIL THEY GIVE US SOME EXPLANATIONS.

I contacted their support and will update as soon as they answer me.

Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

Does CAMPBX's companies localed in the United States?
LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:04:38 AM

Does CAMPBX's companies localed in the United States?

They say:

We are incorporated in State of Georgia and are subject to the local jurisdiction. We maintain 100% of funds (no fractional reserve) received in on-shore FDIC-insured bank accounts, and have an active compliance program to adhere to legal requirements set forth by State of Georgia - Department of Banking and Finance.

so yes...

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:12:21 AM

Someone took your USD and used it to buy expensive BTC.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:18:27 AM

It's possible they got hacked, someone succesfully gained control of a huge $$$ supply and bought up all the orderbook in an attempt to cash out BTC as fast as he could.
But i don't get why they closed my account since i was not involved in the hacking attempt.

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:23:08 AM

It's possible they got hacked, someone succesfully gained control of a huge $$$ supply and bought up all the orderbook in an attempt to cash out BTC as fast as he could.
But i don't get why they closed my account since i was not involved in the hacking attempt.

Maybe your account and those of others got hacked and they used your USD to buy up all the orderbook. Maybe CampBX doesn´t want to show that your account is empty right now.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:37:50 AM

Maybe your account and those of others got hacked and they used your USD to buy up all the orderbook. Maybe CampBX doesn´t want to show that your account is empty right now.

No my account has not been hacked i still can use API request to see my balance.

LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:30:07 PM

No answer from them they have been down all the day  Undecided.

pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:26:48 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 10:23:38 PM by pirsquared

They have been down since Thursday July 3, 2014. It is an obvious hack. I didn't have anything for sale, but do have some coin in my KYC'd account. How are you contacting support? They have been silent since supposedly thwarting a D-Dos attack on July 3, 2014 (per their twitter and facebook). You have more at stake on Campbx than I do.

Although I haven't had any trouble with Campbx in the past; I am concerned. That chart where the price spiked is confounding. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Source: https://twitter.com/CampBX  https://www.facebook.com/CampBX

Why an exchange would remain silent during an extra long outage is baffling. Their twitter and facebook seem to work, so let the customers know what is going on with their money.

LMAO: Campbx is back up - just now (17:30 EST). I hope your account is okay. Keep us updated.

MUST EDIT: The green bar is gone from the now up https://campbx.com/  I would avoid entering my credentials for the time being. I'm actually going to logon and attempt to withdraw some coin and will report back to this thread once finished. I swear I am damn near done with all exchanges.

UPDATE:
Unable to login with known credentials. Site has minor differences that would only be known to regular users. Do not enter your credentials unless you want your account stolen - I can't confirm that my account was hacked/stolen; only that my login credentials are not accepted. My passwords are never less than fifteen random characters for all bitcoin related activity.

If you HODL store it CODL!
LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:43:48 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 10:08:17 PM by LeChatNoir

They have been down since Thursday July 3, 2014. It is an obvious hack. I didn't have anything for sale, but do have some coin in my KYC'd account. How are you contacting support? They have been silent since supposedly thwarting a D-Dos attack on July 3, 2014 (per their twitter and facebook). You have more at stake on Campbx than I do.

Although I haven't had any trouble with Campbx in the past; I am concerned. That chart where the price spiked is confounding. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Why an exchange would remain silent during an extra long outage is baffling. Their twitter and facebook seem to work, so let the customers know what is going on with their money.

LMAO: Campbx is back up - just now (17:30 EST). I hope your account is okay. Keep us updated.

MUST EDIT: The green bar is gone from the now up https://campbx.com/  I would avoid entering my credentials for the time being. I'm actually going to logon and attempt to withdraw some coin and will report back to this thread once finished. I swear I am damn near done with all exchanges.

Helpdesk ---> create ticket.

My account still closed. No answer from them. I hope they will let you withdraw you funds.

I'm done with them all too, i'm still waiting for a serious company to take over the sector, after 5 years there's not a decent exchange yet and that is just ridicoulous.

pirsquared

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:19:42 PM

Helpdesk ---> create ticket.

My account still closed. No answer from them. I hope they will let you withdraw you funds.

I'm done with them all too, i'm still waiting for a serious company to take over the sector, after 5 years there's not a decent exchange yet and that is just ridicoulous.

I'm unable to login with my known credentials. I tried three times (5x before getting locked out). This is cause for concern. I have never changed my password on campbx. The little "eye thingy" that allows you to view your password after typed is no longer present on the webpage. I hope I didn't get phished. If I did, let it be a lesson to you all.

My time and financial resources are going to be used to create a solution to this whole "exchange" shenannigans that are polluting an otherwise wonderful market like bitcoin. Frustrated and mad as fuck.

It would be nice to get an update on facebook or twitter. Otherwise it appears as if another exchange has taken the money and run. Bullshit no matter the reason.

LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:31:35 PM

What do we do now?

pirsquared

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:47:38 PM

What do we do now?

Fuck man, I don't know. The security certificate for the "submit ticket" is not valid anymore. I had 2.63xxxxxx BTC in Campbx. These are the coins that I don't have the private keys to, so I guess I never owned them - as the old bitcoin adage goes.

I'm pissed. As best I can tell, they just came back online today. I'm going to give it a few hours and try again. Do you have a direct email for Campbx? I'll be papering their facebook and twitter until I get a resolution. You sound like you had a decent chunk of fiat on the site. We need to get a list of people that lost something and take action as soon as possible.

Did I mention that I'm pissed? I actually recommended this exchange to friends and family and put my solid reputation on the line. My father actually went with coinbase after doing his due diligence. I just don't think that traditional banking and bitcoin should be married to one another. I liked the money order deposit and fiat withdrawal. It always worked well. Withdrawing BTC was always seamless. I won't be holding my breath. When this shit happens, it never ends well for the consumer.

What I'm going to do: open a bottle of vodka and smoke something nice. Let's keep this thread up. I started one on the main page. You should post something there to keep it up so others are warned. You kinda have to know bitcointalk.org to know that this ( Marketplace > Service Discussion) is the appropriate forum for this discussion. Good luck and keep in touch.

CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:56:19 PM

It looks like there is a certificate for the site, though it is issued by Comodo in the UK.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

They tweeted recently: We have implemented a fix to counter D-DoS attacks from a botnet in China. The attack spiked at 130 MBPS around 11:30 AM today.
LeChatNoir (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:14:09 PM

What do we do now?

Fuck man, I don't know. The security certificate for the "submit ticket" is not valid anymore. I had 2.63xxxxxx BTC in Campbx. These are the coins that I don't have the private keys to, so I guess I never owned them - as the old bitcoin adage goes.

I'm pissed. As best I can tell, they just came back online today. I'm going to give it a few hours and try again. Do you have a direct email for Campbx? I'll be papering their facebook and twitter until I get a resolution. You sound like you had a decent chunk of fiat on the site. We need to get a list of people that lost something and take action as soon as possible.

Did I mention that I'm pissed? I actually recommended this exchange to friends and family and put my solid reputation on the line. My father actually went with coinbase after doing his due diligence. I just don't think that traditional banking and bitcoin should be married to one another. I liked the money order deposit and fiat withdrawal. It always worked well. Withdrawing BTC was always seamless. I won't be holding my breath. When this shit happens, it never ends well for the consumer.

What I'm going to do: open a bottle of vodka and smoke something nice. Let's keep this thread up. I started one on the main page. You should post something there to keep it up so others are warned. You kinda have to know bitcointalk.org to know that this ( Marketplace > Service Discussion) is the appropriate forum for this discussion. Good luck and keep in touch.

I'm spamming on their facebook page.
I'm european and i don't know how it works there in the USA but i'm willing to give away some BTC as reward to anyone who sue them in court if they don't unlock my funds.
I'm fucking tired of these good at nothing cryptoscammers who always get away with it!

Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 12:01:07 AM

I see my account has been closed and i have no idea why they did that since my behavior has always been good with them in the past months. I had a liquidity provider bot running on their exchange and more then 25K $ deposited. I just found out other people had serious issues with them in the past so this looks very fishy and i seriously think they're running a scheme over there.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO NOT DEPOSIT FUNDS ON CAMPBX UNTIL THEY GIVE US SOME EXPLANATIONS.

LeChatNoir,
     Don't panic - We are reviewing a few accounts and your account may have been one of the marked ones.  PM me if you are not able to log in by 5 PM EST tomorrow.

Thank you,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
pirsquared

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:07:14 AM

What do we do now?

I'm spamming on their facebook page.
I'm european and i don't know how it works there in the USA but i'm willing to give away some BTC as reward to anyone who sue them in court if they don't unlock my funds.
I'm fucking tired of these good at nothing cryptoscammers who always get away with it!

I'll preface this by saying that I am holding out hope. I do (did) not have any fiat on campbx - only BTC that I bought several weeks ago. BTC is property in the US. My property on campbx was worth about $2,000 USD. Campbx is not an overly active exchange. You sound to me like you are one of the few that had quite a bit to lose on there. I will definitely pursue this further if it becomes necessary.

I'm ready for a vacation anyhow and Atlanta is on the way to Florida for most of the US (I hate flying). I'll just stop in later this week and ask "what the fuck?" If that doesn't work; I used to work closely with several attorneys in the ATL area and am owed a few favors. We need to find more locked out users. I know of you and one other for sure. I still haven't heard back from a friend that has an account.

I'm looking for users with zero account balances that can logon. Zero risk for them. It seems funny that everyone I know that can't login has something in their account.

pirsquared

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:12:28 AM

LeChatNoir,
     Don't panic - We are reviewing a few accounts and your account may have been one of the marked ones.  PM me if you are not able to log in by 5 PM EST tomorrow.

Thank you,
      Keyur

I am going to do the same.

CryptoCoinSauce

Activity: 63

BQC had it's day. Oh you crazy alts!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:10:34 PM

I have the same problem. I submitted a ticket and got a reply from the help desk that they are working on things. I also notice that the red text that comes up for people like us has changed to something a lot less terrifying. Now it says: "* login blocked - please contact help desk"

I'm hoping I can also log in by 5 PM since I have a lot of BTC and money in the exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: