Bitcoin Forum
June 10, 2024, 04:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEVER USE GRINGO's x11 miner with 2% fee!!! BACKDOOR and he uses it!  (Read 854 times)
milkox (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:34:24 AM

Hi all!

I wanted to inform everybody who uses the 2% fee x11mod SPHminer what was developed by Gringo to STOP USING IT!!

If you run that miner you will immidiately open a backdoor for Gringo.

Is it true?? Yes it's true let me tell my story.

I have some rigs at home what i created before 2014 feb but i stopped mining with it.
Now my friend wants to start with bitcoin and i gave him 2 rigs from my rigs.
He started to mine x11 with that rigs, everything was good until he said something went wrong with the rigs cause the hashspeed dropped down by 50%... I checked it and yeah something was wrong. I started to monitor the 2 rigs in 24/7 for 3 days and captured what happening!

Before i start when you check your miners pool you have to see 2 pools:
first one is the 2% for donating Gringo
second one is yours.

1st day:

Rig 1: Everything was okay till the second day 01:00am when the miner created a new pool, i don't remember to the pool's address but the worker's name was: gringo1
when i saw that i checked the pools in the miner and i see that there is a 3rd pool with user gringo with priority 50. And it was connected to it, my miner mined for gringo with 52%!!!!

Rig 2: Everything is okay.

I didn't killed the miner cause i am waiting what will happen, come on Gringo modify something!

2nd day:

Rig 1: The rig was not modified it mined 52% for gringo1 i thought he stopped stealing my hashpower....

Rig 2: The rig2 was modified at 01:32am... Checked pools the list got an other pool the username was the same but at the and there was 2.. So the worker name was: gringo2    The pool's priority was 98% with the other "donation pool" 2%.... So my rig2 was mining ONLY for gringo...

3rd day:

Rig 1: At 1:52am the rig one's pools wich was created by me was deleted by somebody who uses the backdoor (gringo) and the pool's priority wich was associated to gringo1 changed to 98% too like rig2!!!

Rig 2: same at day 2 mining for gringo with 2 pools 98% and 2%.....

I deleted immidiately the miner, windows, everything. New bios, new rams, Bought 2 brand new winchesters for my friend to use my rigs..

Now he uses an other miner wich is working fine now. But if anybody has fast, secure x11 miner with 40%+ performance send me a message.

So if somebody uses Gringo's x11mod miner with 2% fee DELETE IT unless you like being backdoored... Learn from my case and it will not happen with you!
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

Dude! Calm down! I have been using Girino's mod since it came out, working flawlessly, and there is a simple work around for the "Backdoor" which he fully disclosed in his OP.  Change the method to failover from quota within the miner itself "P">"C">"0". 

What are you using? Windows or BAMT?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
milkox (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

Dude! Calm down! I have been using Girino's mod since it came out, working flawlessly, and there is a simple work around for the "Backdoor" which he fully disclosed in his OP.  Change the method to failover from quota within the miner itself "P">"C">"0". 

What are you using? Windows or BAMT?

P C 0 (failover only) was set.. This 2 rigs didn't have any antivirus.. I tested on an other system wich had antivirus there only the 2%'s pool was there. So my friend should install some security softwares.

I see what i see! I set only 1 Pool with priority 98% (mine) and the pool 0 wich is the donation 2% and i saw that on my pool's dashboard that i have -30% of hashpower on the pool what is used everyday.. I thought it calculates wrong common issue, but i checked the miners and i saw that : "Connected to Multiply pool......" Hmmmm.. Pressed P to check pool list and there was a POOL 2!! Pool 2?? i asked myself: Who da fuck did this... and there was the answer cause it showed: Worker: gringo1  and the Priority was set to 98%... The other 2% was the POOL 0 wich is the donation with an addres. Pool 0 is ok.
And the POOL 1 wich was mine was set to priority 0. And as i said i had only 2 pools on a pc wich had no security software..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: