Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Day  (Read 3816 times)
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:14:25 PM

Some punk scammed me out of 4 BTC last night.
And this morning my Jalapeño died in a power surge.

Not cool.

That was my favorite (albeit useless) miner.

It's officially Bad Mood Monday.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:23:31 PM

rule of the street, if you wont simply hand a stranger on the street $2400... dont do it online

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
robbyd86

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:24:41 PM

that sux, sorry to hear... about the btc and the jalepenos.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

rule of the street, if you wont simply hand a stranger on the street $2400... dont do it online

I thought I had it down. It didn't occur to me that he was hacking other people's Paypal accounts to pay me. So I'm doing what's right and returning their money to them.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:34:23 PM

I thought I had it down. It didn't occur to me that he was hacking other people's Paypal accounts to pay me. So I'm doing what's right and returning their money to them.

no.. he is not hacking other peoples accounts..

thats what the chargeback kings always say to paypal "we have ben hacked" thats how they get their money back and keep the bitcoins

if you been paypal scammed then keep the money and let paypal reimburse them from paypal profits. afterall paypal have insurance, paypal make profit and paypal should have better security.. its their fault not yours.

unless your a scammer, never give back money to paypal.. let them lose out, not the honest people.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Some1else0

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:39:26 PM

Ouch, that sucks. I see why people normally don't accept PayPal for Bitcoin.
It is worth a shot to see if you would get to keep the money while PayPal pays out of pocket for what was compromised. I've heard of it happening before.

Also, it's possible that you only need a new PSU for your miner, which don't cost that much.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:42:43 PM

thats what the chargeback kings always say to paypal "we have ben hacked" thats how they get their money back and keep the bitcoins

if you been paypal scammed then keep the money and let paypal reimburse them from paypal profits. afterall paypal have insurance, paypal make profit and paypal should have better security.. its their fault not yours.

unless your a scammer, never give back money to paypal.. let them lose out, not the honest people.

Thanks, this helps. It helps to know the original guy wasn't hacking other people's accounts.

I have emails out to the three other people. Maybe they were legit. I want to do what is right, even if I take a hit doing it.
Perseus353

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:49:06 PM

I feel bad you actually bought a Jalapeño

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

dont take a hit. thats what paypal want, it helps them stay in profit..

why let paypal profit and let you lose out.. its paypals fault not yours.

the whole purpose of paypal is to protect peoples funds. they have failed to do so, and as such they have responsibility for THEM to reimburse customers.

this is why people hate paypal, because paypal make people lose out while they make profit, dont play their game

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:54:12 PM

err, He wasn't hacking.  You just didn't use your best judgement and ultimately handed some guy $2400 dollars with no proof of anything:(

Gotta think a lot on here or you will get scammed.  I am really sorry to hear about it, sucks.  Hopefully next time you will learn though!
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:04:18 PM

your own fault imo.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

his fault for getting scammed by a stranger, but not his fault for getting scammed 2 more times.
1. giving bitcoins to a stranger he cant slap with a wet fish or take to court
2. believing that he should reimburse said stranger via paypal, thus losing not only bitcoins but also paypal funds
3. allowing paypal to profit and not get them to reimburse any genuine people

ruthless09

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:12:34 PM

Really bad people are out there on the dark web and making everybodies lives hard by doing all these things Sad
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

Thanks, this helps. It helps to know the original guy wasn't hacking other people's accounts.

I have emails out to the three other people. Maybe they were legit. I want to do what is right, even if I take a hit doing it.

Yeah, be careful about this. I wouldn't be so fast about paying these people. They might just be the scammer and you'd end up getting scammed twice !
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:45:28 PM

There must be hundreds of threads on this site explaining why you don't accept Paypal for bitcoins.

BTW, only return the money if Paypal forces you to. Don't make it too easy for the scammers.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

There must be hundreds of threads on this site explaining why you don't accept Paypal for bitcoins.

BTW, only return the money if Paypal forces you to. Don't make it too easy for the scammers and paypal.

+1

Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

Some punk scammed me out of 4 BTC last night.
And this morning my Jalapeño died in a power surge.

Not cool.

That was my favorite (albeit useless) miner.

It's officially Bad Mood Monday.

Dint you use escrow ?
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:12:09 PM

That sounds like a good idea in theory, but Paypal just takes the money out of your account first and then asks questions later...  If you have a 0 paypal balance, then your balance becomes negative and you can no longer use the account until you repay the overdraw amount...
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:14:19 PM

...So I'm doing what's right and returning their money to them.
"I'm choosing to give away money that rightfully belonged to me"

Barring irrefutable evidence of his claims, the OP is the real scammer in this thread, as far as I'm concerned.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

Sorry for your loss!!

Happened to me last week! Wasn't as bad as your ass kicking though! He wasn't hacking, you were caught up in a "man in the middle" scam. He offers to sell someone Bitcoin and gives them your PayPal id, then contacts you and says he either sent, or is sending you money for Bitcoin and gives you an address to send the coins to. When the guy that paid you doesn't get his Bitcoin he does a chargeback and you're left holding your dick!

Worst part about my situation is, the guy who sent me the money on PayPal and did the chargeback was a total dumb fucking douche nozzle piece of shit! He was so fucking stupid that he thought that I was the one who scammed him even after I explained the whole thing to him with proof, and offered to send him $100 in Bitcoin even after PayPal issued the refund! Some people are just born stupid!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: