Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Day  (Read 3816 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:05:30 PM

Well, the day just got better.

I have an address, telephone number and even a website from the initial guy who asked me for bitcoin. It was his "friend" who reversed the paypal charge, so I'm not going to post the info here (yet). First I want to know if he was the scammer or his "friend". Then I might pay him a little visit. He's in Goldsithney, Cornwall, UK.

I wouldnt believe much what scammer is saying.
Heard and had too much of those experiences, and my advice is to be brutal.
Give all his info, contact everyone of his relatives, let them know what kind of a man he is, and if you still gont get anything back, say you will contact authorities , and cross fingers.
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:04:44 AM

Ok, well I'm going to say this in the most charitable way.
Simon Walker's (from Wiltshire) Paypal account gets "hacked" so do not sell him bitcoins. If you do, good chance his Paypal account is being hacked again.
After giving him a phone call and leaving him a message, he contacted me by email to tell me that Paypal agreed that his account was hacked.

Hi there,

My account was hacked into and Paypal have acknowledged this.

Kind regards

So keep him flagged. I mean his Paypal account.
BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:09:18 AM

That sucks man, I lost 3.75 btc once getting scammed by someone on here. Doesn't feel great.

Hope you make it back someday and forget about this incident.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

That sucks man, I lost 3.75 btc once getting scammed by someone on here. Doesn't feel great.

Hope you make it back someday and forget about this incident.

i got your back for about tree fiddy (3.50).  except in Bitcoins.  count it as a blessing, but i can't refund the whole amount as a show of good faith..  (for the stealer)  Tongue
i wish i was kidding.

i am here.
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:50:41 AM

rule of the street, if you wont simply hand a stranger on the street $2400... dont do it online

I thought I had it down. It didn't occur to me that he was hacking other people's Paypal accounts to pay me. So I'm doing what's right and returning their money to them.

You are kidding me?! PayPal?!
Do NOT user PayPal for ANYTHING that can not be tracked by shipping companies (digital goods, services etc included). You will get your ass raped hard way.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

This site rocks!
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:09:59 PM

that it does!

And now for something completely different.

When you are down and feeling beaten up, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZ-pLUb9L8

Corporations For Crypto
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

rule of the street, if you wont simply hand a stranger on the street $2400... dont do it online

I thought I had it down. It didn't occur to me that he was hacking other people's Paypal accounts to pay me. So I'm doing what's right and returning their money to them.

Wat did you buy ? If he has stolen your money out of their paypal accounts that's not your problem you must have lost goods too, definitely paypal should be looking at it

from an insurance point of view not many times could an account be hijacked before it would be closed down and most people debit straight from their credit card

so seems like a series of cascading breaches here not entirely likely otherwise the user of the account would be liable for some negligence,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Eric2013

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

come on , i lost 400btc in gambling last week, do not worry, its not ur bad day mate!
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:58:15 PM

Really bad people are out there on the dark web and making everybodies lives hard by doing all these things Sad
That hurts men  Undecided

This kind of people had existed since humans lived in caves so we have to deal with it, take as many precautions as you can.
StevenS

Activity: 206

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

Call me paranoid, but now I do all my Bitcoin exchanges with cash, in person (using localbitcoins.com).
cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:46:58 PM

Paypal can never be trusted you always have to be one step ahead of them even though you're not scamming. Withdraw all your funds after a trade and don't be threatened by there bullshit.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:17:21 PM

I just got off the phone with Paypal. After I explained everything to them they very nicely said that they provide no protection for people who sell bitcoin or bitcoin related things.
Even though I insisted I could prove with the transaction ID. Nope, a very polite "Sorry about your luck".

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:39:25 AM

I just got off the phone with Paypal. After I explained everything to them they very nicely said that they provide no protection for people who sell bitcoin or bitcoin related things.
Even though I insisted I could prove with the transaction ID. Nope, a very polite "Sorry about your luck".

I'm sorry but what the fuck did you expect?

Have you never read the TOS of Paypal?

Corporations For Crypto
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:57:05 AM

Ok I know I've beaten this into the ground, but I need to post this because I just need to vent, and seriously posting about this stuff here on bitcointalk really seriously helps.

So I submitted a TON of evidence including transaction IDs, and the entire chain of emails to PayPal. They responded with this.

And it gets better. I went to close my account and they won't let me close the account because there is one gift certificate that was given to someone years ago that they never redeemed. I'm totally screwed.

DO. NOT. USE. PAYPAL!!!!!! E.V.E.R!!!!!!!

And I really hope that Coinbase is never purchased by PayPal because I will walk away from Coinbase as well if there's a merge.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive. With PayPal Seller Protection, you are covered for the full amount of all eligible transactions.

If a transaction is eligible for Seller Protection, it will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the Transaction Details page. If it is marked as partially eligible, you are only protected for items a buyer didn’t receive.

Here are some additional requirements you need to meet for Seller Protection:

You must ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details page.
Even if the buyer sends you a request via email or an eBay message requesting shipment to an alternate address, only ship the item to the address provided in the Transaction Details.
The item must be a physical, tangible item that can be shipped.
Physical items do not include digital goods (such as bitcoins, online gaming, or MP3s) or any services provided online or in person.
Provide proof of delivery. For transactions of $750.00 or more, you need to provide signed delivery confirmation.
We require online tracking to confirm delivery.
Respond to our requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
These requests will be sent to the primary email address on your PayPal account.
To learn more about PayPal’s Seller Protection Policy, click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click PayPal User Agreement.

Sincerely,
Yogeswari
PayPal, an eBay Company

k, I feel better now.

Ilsk
Legendary

Activity: 833
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:20:46 AM

That sucks
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

no.. he is not hacking other peoples accounts..

thats what the chargeback kings always say to paypal "we have ben hacked" thats how they get their money back and keep the bitcoins

if you been paypal scammed then keep the money and let paypal reimburse them from paypal profits. afterall paypal have insurance, paypal make profit and paypal should have better security.. its their fault not yours.

unless your a scammer, never give back money to paypal.. let them lose out, not the honest people.

That sounds like a good idea in theory, but Paypal just takes the money out of your account first and then asks questions later...  If you have a 0 paypal balance, then your balance becomes negative and you can no longer use the account until you repay the overdraw amount...

Ah that's good news. Are there any downsides though?

I would disassociate my bank account or card from my paypal account, cancel any direct debits at the bank,  and see how far they're willing to take it.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:44:15 AM

It is just ridiculously risky to sell bitcon with paypal. Why did you do that man? Even if things appear to be running smoothly after the first transaction, it is very well possible that it did not go smoothly as you would likely not realize that it was a scam until several weeks (at least) later.

This spot for rent.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:10:13 AM

Sorry to hear, may those btc be spent on some good deeds
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: