Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:36:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you had 200 GH/s which is the most profitable pool?  (Read 9753 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:28:12 PM

what kind of weird person would join a pool versus solo?
Because you can't hop when you are solo mining. You don't want the extra profits?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:44:49 AM

guys, again, i am not currently in possession of 200 GH/s.  i do hope to accumulate it over the short to mid term (am currently in research mode, not in purchasing mode), but i'm more interested in the academic comparison of solo vs pool, or p2p vs "normal" pool, at that hashrate, so i can plan accordingly.

If you don't already know how to get the best profits out of 200GH/s then you really should not be thinking of buying that kind of hashrate. There is a good chance that you will never make a profit even with an optimal setup and your first attempt will not be optimal. There are complexities you need to account for that you will only learn with experience.

Personally I'd setup my own pool taking care to eliminate as many SPOFs as possible. A highly distributed setup is good with at least a couple of connections to the internet. cgminer's failover is helpful or you could run bitcoind on every one of your nodes and gateway them though a few internet connected bitcoinds for something truly distributed. Don't forget to merged mine too.

'research mode'?, 'purchasing mode'? This is tie wearing MBA talk. Don't obfuscate your thoughts with such language.
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:15:38 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2012, 02:29:53 PM by martychubbs

Those 120% pools often end up paying you nothing and running off with your money. Does not seem like a good risk vs reward.

How about this Death&T.
If I put my preferred pool in the cgminer config nineteen times and put down a pool with texting like eclipse once. Then set cgminer to balance, only about 5% of the shares would go to them. SMS should still work fine if a miner is shut down. I've thought about trying it, I'm not sure if it would lower the performance though.

Project #2 is run by me and at the worst it is set up so you do not lose more than a days worth of work. We force payout daily to lower our risk and yours.

However p2pool is a great pool and you should go with that. But you did ask what pays the most and that is not p2pool.

Project 2 is a no brainier 105% no matter what, however, p2p + mm with 5 alt currencies should yield more...but their is more work to do than Project 2.

GPUmax is the highest payout but high variance, usually in the positive...

If you care what I would do, then I would use 200+ gh/s to hop with bH and get at least 128%, then add more hashes by whole selling 200gh hashes at 105% and keep 23% which yields 151%.  You will get  5700 BTC a month...and a lot of work...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:26:44 PM

At 200 Gh/s, your hash rate is so high, you can easily take on entire blocks by yourself. 2 blocks a day would be easy, maybe 3.
That rate is also in the same ball park as many entire pools combined rate, so understandably you would massively effect their network just being there. You'd also be a target, bother good and bad.

So in short, you don't need a pool, so I wouldn't recommend it at all, Solo mining would net you the best results.

The only way entering a pool would be a good idea is if you decided to run your own pool.
Which many a pool operate will tell you takes a bit of work and would become a job in itself, but you'd get noticed for sure with a setup so large.

I personally would not bother with a pool, it's a lot of work and if you have the capacity to mine entire blocks in a good time frame, no point overcomplicating it.

Since this is just a theoretical question, with such a large system I hope you planned to do it with a FPGA or similar system, rather than GPU's.
I wouldn't like to see the electrical bill of something this size, either options would be high, but at least with FPGA's it be considerably smaller.

seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:06:06 PM

I can recommend joining DeepBit.
This should be the most profitable solution, at least for me.
It looks like 200 Gh/s solo player joined deepbit after all and it's at the 2nd place of deepbit teams ladder.

Hodling since 2011.®
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 02:52:10 AM

I guess this fits in the thread, sorta. So, does hopping with a lower hashrate still give you a little bonus profit? Like say .5 to 1GH hopping deepbit or bitclockers.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 04:09:47 AM

I guess this fits in the thread, sorta. So, does hopping with a lower hashrate still give you a little bonus profit? Like say .5 to 1GH hopping deepbit or bitclockers.

Your hashrate doesn't matter, only your strategy which should vary by the payout method.

Btw, Bitclockers is now PPS, no point hopping them.

This is the thread you want:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81946.0

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:45:00 PM

Your hashrate doesn't matter, only your strategy which should vary by the payout method.

Btw, Bitclockers is now PPS, no point hopping them.

This is the thread you want:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81946.0

Oh, alright. Thanks for the info.
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:22:16 PM

I can recommend joining DeepBit.
This should be the most profitable solution, at least for me.

LOL at least you are honest, bro!

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: